Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I hope that AI hasn't received full membership yet, like TK! (if so, then I had better start flying IC domestically, and dump 9w, to earn *A status miles! )
Not yet, but soon
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sentom
thats of course true, but those are the rules (which can change at any time, without any notice, remember?) i expect everybody who signs up for any FFP to be able to read, so i guess that people educate themselfs before they participate. wishful thinking, i know!
Why do you keep asserting this? The so-called change referenced in this thread is not in writing, visible to any customer. It's in some computer system only accessible to call center employees, and even then, with good effort for them to find it.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Grog
Why do you keep asserting this? The so-called change referenced in this thread is not in writing, visible to any customer. It's in some computer system only accessible to call center employees, and even then, with good effort for them to find it.
grog, as i tell you in email i agree with you 100 percent. i too do not understand lufti's behavior in this matter. they are difficult in the past as they can be a clumsy giant but this is the worst i have expereiced.

i really do not understand when others think it fair to thieve? i must then believe this to be those persons egocentrical thought. when it is taken from them i must believe they make a different reaction, but now it is not affecting them so it is no matter and i suppose we can go to hell.

with your information and mine i am losing hope for a positive answer. this is first time for me where lufthansa really commit thievery and not only giving out answers which i do not like.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Do you pay this extension by bank wire or credit card ?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Do you pay this extension by bank wire or credit card ?
Funny you would ask, skywalker,

I just opened a letter from Lufthansa informing me that they're glad I decided to extend my Senator status and that my card should have already arrived (which it has). It goes on to say that they were unable to debit my credit card for the amount in question and that they would like to verify the number so they might attempt it again. (The card is the U.S. LH M&L Mastercard, very much activated, used at other businesses, and with a high limit. I verify the number and the expiration date, both very correct).

So I call and I'm told that the €2000 (verified at the time at $3007) will not be done at that rate. Instead they will use the current rate, now setting the amount at $3260.

Break out the champagne, all you Schadensfrohen...
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny you would ask, skywalker,

I just opened a letter from Lufthansa informing me that they're glad I decided to extend my Senator status and that my card should have already arrived (which it has). It goes on to say that they were unable to debit my credit card for the amount in question and that they would like to verify the number so they might attempt it again. (The card is the U.S. LH M&L Mastercard, very much activated, used at other businesses, and with a high limit. I verify the number and the expiration date, both very correct).

So I call and I'm told that the €2000 (verified at the time at $3007) will not be done at that rate. Instead they will use the current rate, now setting the amount at $3260.

Break out the champagne, all you Schadensfrohen...
Did you try to dispute it with your credit card company as "delivery failed" or something like that ?

Or even better, send them the card back and give a shite.

It could have been your chace as well, just claiming because the price went up as per exchange rate you are no longer interested in extending the status as you cant afford it anymore.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Apr 10, 2008 at 8:57 pm
Old Apr 15, 2008, 9:28 am

...send them the card back and give a shite.
But then I'd lose my right to complain. I've given them a number of chances to make me somewhat happy (including my April 5th contact through Michelle which is also going unanswered). Instead they choose to ignore my issues. And they still haven't taken payment, while the US$ continues to drop.

Nope, I'm keeping the status and will maybe shoot for making them regret it.

Last edited by Grog; Apr 15, 2008 at 3:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 16, 2008, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But then I'd lose my right to complain. I've given them a number of chances to make me somewhat happy (including my April 5th contact through Michelle which is also going unanswered). Instead they choose to ignore my issues. And they still haven't taken payment, while the US$ continues to drop.

Nope, I'm keeping the status and will maybe shoot for making them regret it.
Hmm... can you explain me how?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:50 am

Hmm... can you explain me how?
Operation SENtentiousness is still in its early stages. It is and will probably remain highly classified. Can't allow the enemy to know what I'm up to this soon; one can never be too careful!

But it's probably no secret that the Ways to lose SEN status thread is loosely related.

Last edited by Grog; Apr 17, 2008 at 3:55 am
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Unhappy SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

So I didn't requalify for SEN this year
Those Z fares have gone through the roof and I can't justify $3600 RT all the time on my dime...

So I got this email... €2000 is a hefty price tag for one year but I'd love to hear some thoughts...

Dear Dr. xxx

As a Senator, you enjoy numerous benefits and privileges and our special attention. I am therefore writing you today, to bring to your attention, that your Senator status expires at the end of February 2009.

As of 24 September 2008 your Miles & More account was showing that you accrued XXXXX status miles. In order to renew your status, you need 100,000 status miles. The missing status miles can easily be earned with the following Miles & More airline partners – on flights operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Private Jet, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Air One, Austrian Airlines, Cirrus Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, SWISS and other Star Alliance carriers.

If you are not able to earn the required number of status miles before 31 December 2008, you have the option to extend your Senator status another calendar year for a fee of 2,000 Euros. The relevant fax form can be downloaded here as a PDF.

If either of the above options to extend your status is not feasible, you will receive a Frequent Traveller card in the new year, which also entitles you to many benefits. As soon as you have earned 100.000 status miles, you will of course be sent a new Senator card.

We wish you a pleasant flight with us or any of our airline partners and would be delighted to continue to welcome you on board as a Senator.

Sincerely

1-866-846-4282

Hubert Frach
Vice President Marketing
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Everybody who doesn't requalify is getting this.

But of course it's much cheaper to spend a few more EUR to top of the mileage balance to 100k instead of spending 2k EUR for one year of SEN (EUR 4k for 2 years).

SEN (for 2 years) can easily be FLOWN for 5k EUR (and you get more than 100k miles in return), but if you already have some status miles in your account, it's obviously cheaper.

Personally, I've booked an interesting MUC-CAI-BKK(-HAN/SGN-BKK)-CAI-MUC-HKG-MNL-HKG-SFO-YVR-SFO-HKG-MUC-CAI(-ASW-CAI)-MUC-Trip for next year (so far on LH, MS, SQ, CX and AF, all in paid F and C) in order to requalify and get to know a few interesting locations and airlines. Cost about EUR 7-8k.

Last edited by flysurfer; Oct 5, 2008 at 11:30 am
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Everybody who doesn't requalify is getting this.

But of course it's much cheaper to spend a few more EUR to top of the mileage balance to 100k instead of spending 2k EUR for one year of SEN (EUR 4k for 2 years).

SEN (for 2 years) can easily be FLOWN for 5k EUR (and you get more than 100k miles in return), but if you already have some status miles in your account, it's obviously cheaper.
Good points. But how can you possibly get SEN with 5000eur? That seems low to me unless you're flying CMB-somewhere...
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Good points. But how can you possibly get SEN with 5000eur? That seems low to me unless you're flying CMB-somewhere...
Numerous ways
8x Europe-ORD RT for 600E/each with AP.
3-4x Web special US-Europe for around 2k$ in C
10x Swiss Business upgrade for 3,5kE
1,5x Europe-Down Under for 3,5kE.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Quite easily. Currently, there are a few popular discounted C class MRs ex Switzerland (weekends), or the recently popular MS flights ex Europe to Asia or South Africa. There's also a MR opportunity over Croatia. And of course the U.S. offers plenty of opportunities with domestic trips in 3 class F.

EUR 5k is actually quite high, if you push it, you can have SEN even cheaper. However, the experience could be boring and/or uncomfortable.

Personally, I'm not into MRs but prefer to turn the requalifying procedure into an interesting travel experience. In my case, it will take me all year to fly the before mentioned route between Januar and November 2009, with 3-5 nested tickets, all of them fully flexible regarding rebooking (and pretty much fully refundable), which is nice, as plan(e)s can change.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 3:16 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
And remember you only receive one e-voucher for each paid extension.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.