Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I am sorry that everyone who only got one eVoucher is disappointed, but let's be reasonable: If you actually (god forbid ) fly to gain SENhood you will receive two eVouchers every two years. In this case it only sounds reasonable that a paid one year extention should also only receive one eVoucher.

Poor communication from LH though to be fair. They should communicate the details of the package before people buy it and not afterwards.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I am sorry that everyone who only got one eVoucher is disappointed, but let's be reasonable: If you actually (god forbid ) fly to gain SENhood you will receive two eVouchers every two years. In this case it only sounds reasonable that a paid one year extention should also only receive one eVoucher.

Poor communication from LH though to be fair. They should communicate the details of the package before people buy it and not afterwards.
I think none of us on the dark side has ever said any else. For the future, one eVoucher does compare fairly, but LH should tell us before taking the money and not 4 months afterward.

And thanks for showing understanding of our point.

Last edited by Grog; Mar 22, 2008 at 5:52 am
Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Michelle has responded to me that Lufthansa won't budge on their decision to take away an eVoucher post-sale of the paid-SEN status retention. Indeed, I thank her for her attempt.

The crux: lufthansa.com (under Miles & More, Status & Privileges, The benefits in brief) still reflects the following, applicable to all Senators: two eVouchers on achieving status and two more for every status retention.

Some may call me or the few others ungrateful SOBs for expecting to receive what they've written, but I counter that Lufthansa is incapable of proper communication of its programs for sale. The fact that the above message is still up on their website while they either ignore us or tell us to pound sand amounts to either deception, ignorance, or arrogance--I still can't exactly figure out which.

Of course, I can't fight it without risking that Lufthansa might decide to revoke my Senator status and just keep the €2000 outright. Feels like dealing with the mafia.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Grog
Feels like dealing with the mafia.
So deal with them accordingly. Become a "criminal" yourself.
Actually, there's some kind of honor/code between such members of the mob. You'll see.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by flysurfer
there's some kind of honor/code
HON or code?

Grog, I don't think LH can take the status away from you and keep the money. And if their communication wasn't clear and they made representation that there would be 2 eVouchers then I would challenge them regarding this point.
LH can decide how many eVouchers they include at their discretion. But they need to honour what they have communicated.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Living in the US I would possibly consider to go with a filing at the Small Claims Court in case I buy a status extension and LH will, despite the information on their website/communication, only credit 1 e'voucher. No reason to go to your knees and beg for it.

Instead of investing tons of money for SEN status extension I rather buy 20K BD miles and a C class special ex US. This will ensure my next F tickets quiet well.

I figured that the staus extension however is worth it if:

-You have use for the booking guarantee from time to time
-Your luggage gets lost often and you get spot payments at the airport

Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Grog
The crux: lufthansa.com (under Miles & More, Status & Privileges, The benefits in brief) still reflects the following, applicable to all Senators: two eVouchers on achieving status and two more for every status retention.
as far as i know there is no terms or conditions about bought SEN status anywhere on the website. so by wiring 2k to LH you did not achieve, nor did you renew your SEN status... fair enough! i really dont see the major crisis here.

did you actually recieve a letter/email/phone call/other form of information from LH that offered two vouchers on paid extension!?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by sentom
as far as i know there is no terms or conditions about bought SEN status anywhere on the website. so by wiring 2k to LH you did not achieve, nor did you renew your SEN status... fair enough! i really dont see the major crisis here.

did you actually recieve a letter/email/phone call/other form of information from LH that offered two vouchers on paid extension!?

"Two eVouchers on achieving status and two more for every status retention" is very clear in my opinion. This is also the information given by the hotline. They even sent this information via email, found this in another forum.

Last edited by Moranguinho; Apr 5, 2008 at 7:28 am Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 5, 2008, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Moranguinho
"Two eVouchers on achieving status and two more for every status retention" is very clear in my opinion.
it is very clear indeed, no sign of "two vouchers on paid status extension"
Old Apr 5, 2008, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
it is very clear indeed, no sign of "two vouchers on paid status extension"
So in your funny world "EVERY status retention" does not include "PAID status retention"? Maybe it also doesn't include status retention achieved on UA metal? Or SQ domestic flights? Or cardholders whose first name starts with a T? Maybe paid SEN status doesn't grant the Executive Bonus on future flights? Or SEN lounge access? What about F check-in? Is there anything on the website saying that PAID SENs are entitled to ANY SEN perks? No? So no perks for them, period!

But of course M&M awarded 2 eVouchers for EVERY SEN status retention in the past, including PAID extension. So they actually demonstrated their interpretation of "EVERY status retention". And then changed it without communicating this change.

This is quite simple. If you change established procedures and perks (especially those one has to pay for), you are obliged to communicate this change, aka "enhancement".

But quite obviously, you don't WANT to get it. For some funny reason, you keep inisting on defying common sense, plain logic and common courtesy in favor of pursuing a strange agenda of reSENtment.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:17 am

This is quite simple. If you change established procedures and perks (especially those one has to pay for), you are obliged to communicate this change, aka "enhancement".
obviously they are not obliged to do so, otherwise they would, no? again: terms and conditions are subject to change without notice... anyone?

noone here came forward with proof that they actually got confirmation of 2 vouchers before they paid, then wired the cash and in return only got 1 voucher, or did i miss something?! its all based on assumption... it was like this the years before... and so on...

But quite obviously, you don't WANT to get it. For some funny reason, you keep inisting on defying common sense, plain logic and common courtesy in favor of pursuing a strange agenda of reSENtment.
so in your funny world it is common sense that someone who spends way more than 2k and flies the 100k gets 2 vouchers every 2 years, but someone who pays the 2k and doesnt fly the 100k should get 4 vouchers every two years...

sorry TFM you are of course totally right, i dont get it!
Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:11 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Could one claim "Gewohnheitsrecht" if LH has always given 2 vouchers before and didn't communicate this change?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

noone here came forward with proof that they actually got confirmation of 2 vouchers before they paid, then wired the cash and in return only got 1 voucher, or did i miss something?! its all based on assumption... it was like this the years before... and so on...
Your reading and comprehension skills leave quite some room for...um...enhancement:

I assumed nothing. I did check ahead of time. Even TODAY, a SEN-Desk representative told me it's 2 eVouchers. I had to educate her.

So, the bottom line. I had it in writing. I had it verbally. I even have it in writing on the website as of TODAY and verbally as of TODAY.
sorry TFM you are of course totally right, i dont get it!
Yep.
As usual.

so in your funny world it is common sense that someone who spends way more than 2k and flies the 100k gets 2 vouchers every 2 years, but someone who pays the 2k and doesnt fly the 100k should get 4 vouchers every two years...
Of course.
You could have spent EUR 2k instead of flying 100k, too.
Or EUR 1.5k last year.
You chose a different approach.
That's your choice.

Btw, at least 90% of all posters I encountered in various FF forums say that SEN isn't worth EUR 2k p.a. and they would never consider spending this kind of money for SEN (meaning SEN with 2 eVouchers p.a.)

Plus, it's ridiculous to analyze LH's actions and business model. They will have their reasons to offer 2 years of SEN for either 4k EUR or 100/130k status miles. Common sense suggests that they make a good profit with the money offer, but who knows/cares? It's none of our business.

But, let's have a closer look: 3 Z-Class flights AMS-MUC-LAX-MUC-AMS will basically make you SEN (just add a few cheap trips in Y and you are there). That's about 8k EUR, and you'll get at least 100,000 bonus miles (probably more with promos and the miles from paying the tickets with your LH CC) worth about 1000 EUR (plus some valuable PPB points), so you'll effectively pay around 7k EUR for 2 years of SEN. That's only 3k more than the money option, but the difference of EUR 3k gets you to LAX and back 3 times in Business Class! That's 1000 EUR for a confirmed seat in LH C!

So yes, common sense suggests that those paying 4k for SEN (and no transportation at all) should get more than those who make SEN by flying paid longhaul premium classes (especially since they don't (didn't) fly much, hence don't (didn't) make much use the lounges, call centers, infrasructure etc.) The latter should shamefully hide under a rock.

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 5, 2008 at 11:45 am Reason: please use multi-quote..
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:52 am

Your reading and comprehension skills leave quite some room for...um...enhancement:
well since you dont seem know how to operate the multiquote button, i dont worrie about this to much.

btw. if the OP had a written confirmation it should be quiet easy to get both vouchers posted, right? even if it takes some time or the help of a lawyer.

unlike you i dont believe in the evil doings of LH just to cause their customers distress. this might be a perfect example of LHs poor ability to communicate program changes, but its definitely not more. the vouchers were a gift to begin with, now the paid SEN extension is a little more in line with the "real" requalification. fine by me, i do understand some changes they made over the past years even though i dont like all of them. but of course everyone here is such an expert and knows so much better how to run a company like LH or a program like M&M, and therefor shows no understanding what so ever.

fine with me also, i wont loose any sleep over this issue, also unlike many others here...
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well since you dont seem know how to operate the multiquote button, i dont worrie about this to much.
I don't need to know Multiquote, I know Oliver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.