Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Btw, at least 90% of all posters I encountered in various FF forums say that SEN isn't worth EUR 2k p.a. and they would never consider spending this kind of money for SEN (meaning SEN with 2 eVouchers p.a.)
great, all of those should abandon M&M, get the hell out of our SEN lounges and everyone is a winner! they dont have to suffer thru the worthless perks and there is free seats for those SENs who actually enjoy them...
Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by sentom
great, all of those should abandon M&M, get the hell out of our SEN lounges and everyone is a winner! they dont have to suffer thru the worthless perks and there is free seats for those SENs who actually enjoy them...
I didn't now that one could buy shares of SEN lounges. @:-)
Does it work like a time sharing scheme?

Btw, those who abandon M&M but keep flying/buying *A will make *G with another program and still use your lounges. Are those people supposed to get the hell out of your lounges, too?

Even more so: Those abandoning or not caring about any FF status in favor of flying F and C on tickets paid with $$$ or miles (in any combination) will use your lounges, too. Are those customers supposed to get the hell out of your lounges, as well?

Actually: Who do you consider worthy of using your lounges? Maybe you can post a quick qualification catalog, thank you very much.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:21 pm

now i'm dissapointed! you accuse me of not being able to read but cant yourself?!

this is getting boring since, as usual, you only hear what you want to hear so i leave you to it.

have a good saturday evening/weekend everyone... yes TFM you too!
Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
have a good saturday evening/weekend everyone... yes TFM you too!
Thanks, I actually might ^, even though I will not spend the day in any of your lounges.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:26 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Btw, at least 90% of all posters I encountered in various FF forums say that SEN isn't worth EUR 2k p.a. and they would never consider spending this kind of money for SEN (meaning SEN with 2 eVouchers p.a.)
I belong to the remaining 10% - by conviction.

Recently, my LH-longhaul arrived with a big delay, and most passengers of the 747 needed a rebooking for the connecting flight and a hotel-room.

Can you imagine how happy I was that I did not have to stand in the zig-zag-queue at the economy-counters?
After I had the voucher I went straight to the hotel, had dinner, spent one hour at the internet-corner and had some coffes. When I went back to the room, there were still some economy-passengers waiting their turn at the reception!

Every avoidance of a zigzag-queue sanctifies my SEN-renewal. Every.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rorschi
Every avoidance of a zigzag-queue sanctifies my SEN-renewal. Every.
Last time I checked, you renewed your status with status miles, not with $$$.
Is this about to change?
Or would you simply pay the 2K EUR in case your flying activity wasn't suffcient to renew SEN?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Last time I checked
You checked? What exactly did you check? Access to my account?

Did YOU book the 10 F-RTW's with my miles???

you renewed your status with status miles, not with $$$.
Is this about to change?
My status is valid until 02/10.
This year I compare whether it's cheaper to fly L and T-Class whenever possible (resp. to fly only if necessary) and pay for the status-renewal, or to accumulate the necessary amount of status miles as I did last year.

I just don't know which sum I have to add on my calculation for a status-purchase, as I doubt that LH will not increase the price and remove the remaining eVoucher...
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC

I just don't know which sum I have to add on my calculation for a status-purchase, as I doubt that LH will not increase the price and remove the remaining eVoucher...
I like your positive attitude ! Just keep in mind we talk about LH

But wouldnt you have access to the *G counter in a rebooking situation with any *G as well ?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, since you are dealing with LH, you obviously have to expect the worst.
However, "the worst" refers to possible changes in the purchase scheme and in the status mileage scheme. Like a possible change from bi-annual to annual requalification.

Personally, I also don't know how to proceed in 2009 and/or the first two months or 2010. If I discover good value in a FRWSTAR1, I'll probably pursue this course of action. You can join me, if you want.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The only thing I can think of right now is the use of the "Priority Gate" section in the new terminal area. Will this be available for SEN only or *G as well ?

I cant really convince myself to requalify for SEN right now. I would need 80K miles and get just 1 C ticket in return If I credit these miles towards BD it will be about 160K miles and I book 3 F r/t tickets with it. You see my point !

It's just that I dont have that much money laying around to pay LH for the extension of 1 year. Simply cant justify that. If I get something valuable in return like a F RTW or something then maybe
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I cant really convince myself to requalify for SEN right now. I would need 80K miles and get just 1 C ticket in return If I credit these miles towards BD it will be about 160K miles and I book 3 F r/t tickets with it. You see my point !
Since BD DC has no realistic future in its current form beyond 2010, it is not really a longterm option. But it's nice to use it now, and the miles will not be lost but end up on M&M or another *A program (maybe VS, if they merge with BD and join *A).
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since BD DC has no realistic future in its current form beyond 2010, it is not really a longterm option. But it's nice to use it now, and the miles will not be lost but end up on M&M or another *A program (maybe VS, if they merge with BD and join *A).
Unfortunately

I will definetely blow up the remaining miles for dummy bookings and modify the dates as I need them later on.

It will be interesting to see what choices are finally left once DC is terminated. I really like VS it's just that I dont see the current value of the miles remaining and travelling through LHR even with the VS Clubhouse is sometimes a pain.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 5:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
well since you dont seem know how to operate the multiquote button, i dont worrie about this to much.

btw. if the OP had a written confirmation it should be quiet easy to get both vouchers posted, right? even if it takes some time or the help of a lawyer.

unlike you i dont believe in the evil doings of LH just to cause their customers distress. this might be a perfect example of LHs poor ability to communicate program changes, but its definitely not more. the vouchers were a gift to begin with, now the paid SEN extension is a little more in line with the "real" requalification. fine by me, i do understand some changes they made over the past years even though i dont like all of them. but of course everyone here is such an expert and knows so much better how to run a company like LH or a program like M&M, and therefor shows no understanding what so ever.

fine with me also, i wont loose any sleep over this issue, also unlike many others here...
You state that I need a lawyer, but at the same time, you don't believe in the evil doings of LH just to cause their customers' distress. If the latter is really true, I shouldn't need a lawyer against Lufthansa.

When my SEN lounge is full, I can only guess that it's been you standing around looking for a spot. You may cheer the fact that Lufthansa steals (yes, steals) an eVoucher from me, but you're not going to get my seat.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 5:10 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Grog
You state that I need a lawyer, but at the same time, you don't believe in the evil doings of LH just to cause their customers' distress. If the latter is really true, I shouldn't need a lawyer against Lufthansa.
Good point.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
You checked? What exactly did you check? Access to my account?

Did YOU book the 10 F-RTW's with my miles???

My status is valid until 02/10.
This year I compare whether it's cheaper to fly L and T-Class whenever possible (resp. to fly only if necessary) and pay for the status-renewal, or to accumulate the necessary amount of status miles as I did last year.

Atfirst glance the TK FFP looks quite easy to obtain *G (40k EQMs) and the card is valid for two years !
Don't know if the earn / redemption rate is any good though ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.