Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Quite easily. Currently, there are a few popular discounted C class MRs ex Switzerland (weekends),
Even better are the 4-segment-MRs via Switzerland (available from every European LX-destination except OPO, BRU and LUX). This makes 10'000 miles for about 300-350EUR.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
How about HON CIRCLE can anyone get it by purchasing it and paying for example Euro 10k or 15K ? I know a lot of people who are interested in getting HON CIRCLE status but they hate to fly the 300k hon miles a year to get it.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:49 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by LH/LX
...I know a lot of people who are interested in getting HON CIRCLE status but they hate to fly the 300k hon miles a year to get it.
Get out...
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:55 pm

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Wirelessly posted (E51: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/568; U; de))

How about HON CIRCLE can anyone get it by purchasing it and paying for example Euro 10k or 15K ? I know a lot of people who are interested in getting HON CIRCLE status but they hate to fly the 300k hon miles a year to get it.
It is not about buying a new status, only about extending (SEN) status.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 4:00 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
The OP may also want to check MR's out of BOS. For 2k EUR you can earn a lot of miles and by doing so you can extend status for 2 years and have some additional miles…
Old Oct 6, 2008, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
US and UA Y-Up fares also spring to mind immediately if you are based in the US !
Old Oct 6, 2008, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by totti
The OP may also want to check MR's out of BOS. For 2k EUR you can earn a lot of miles and by doing so you can extend status for 2 years and have some additional miles…
Any hints on this?
Old Oct 6, 2008, 4:30 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Yes, you are soooo right.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, what a pain indeed ! Actually having to fly LH/LX metal to obtain their top tier customer status: quite outrageous !
Old Oct 6, 2008, 5:39 am

AFAIK none of the EX HONs here on FT ever posted that when they lost their status = did not requalify - having received an offer to extend the status for a year for x amount €s - so this seems to be an SEN only thing.

Apart from that - the purchase was for those having had the status - and not a general buyin as your mates are looking for....

Cheers

Thomas
Old Oct 7, 2008, 2:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
We had this discussion more than once. I never understood why someone would be willing to pay for status that he wouldn't need. If someone doesn't fly that much than status is not that important apart from cocker up the ego.

10-15k EUR can be easily used to book F instead of C all the time and in such a case you wouldn't realise a real difference in terms of service anyway.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 3:03 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
10-15k EUR can be easily used to book F instead of C all the time and in such a case you wouldn't realise a real difference in terms of service anyway.
As I'm mostly flying within Europe, I have not the possibility for mainly flying F

And as I almost always arrive at outside-positions, a limo-transfer would be nice. BUT - at what price? My treshold for such a card is much much lower than 10-15k EUR. If I see that I will get it by investing 2-3k EUR per year for the required additional miles, I will do it. Otherwise, I have the possibility to spend 20-30EUR for a nice dinner in a good airport restaurant, haven't I?

HON is a goodie for making the life a bit more bearable for people who have really to fly a lot. For avoiding the worst things at the airports, i.e. the zig-zag-queues behind the counters, I actually have the same possibilities as a HON has... A SEN-card isn't that bad.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rorschi
...A SEN-card isn't that bad.

Actually, even lowly *G status gives you very decent benefits !
Old Oct 8, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
We had this discussion more than once. I never understood why someone would be willing to pay for status that he wouldn't need. If someone doesn't fly that much than status is not that important apart from cocker up the ego.

It would be interessting to plot some cost-benefit graph, and I suspect you are right that paying €2000 for the card is not maximising cost-benefit. (And didn't this card cost €1500 last year?)

Basic theory would say that if you fly a lot (so you would benefit a lot from the card) you will also have a rather many points and as such in most cases will have to spend less than €2000 to keep the status for two more years. (€2000 yields around 50 000K points if used on the LX business deal -- points that does not only give you status, you can also use them...)

On the other end of the scale; if you don't fly, you probably have no chance to get anything near €2000 benefit of the card, so you should rather pay for drinks, food, upgrade your ticket when you fly etc.

I do see a few loopholes; people that fly very frequently on cheap fares, only domestic etc. But even then, you do get FTL , and, that sorts you out with the basic services... (lounge in LH locations, business class check-in)

But then again... people spend €2000 on a whole lot of other "strange" things, so why not a golden card from Lufthansa...
Old Oct 8, 2008, 2:40 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Maybe would should merge this thread to the existing one.

LH-Senator-Card [LH SEN paid extension thread]

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353327

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.