Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Atfirst glance the TK FFP looks quite easy to obtain *G (40k EQMs) and the card is valid for two years !
Don't know if the earn / redemption rate is any good though ?
Not as good as our current BD DC redemption and as long as I get BD *G for 38K I dont really want to consider TK or AI *G even if the validity if 2 years.

If DC goes down at one day the cards are mixed new
Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Grog
You state that I need a lawyer, but at the same time, you don't believe in the evil doings of LH just to cause their customers' distress. If the latter is really true, I shouldn't need a lawyer against Lufthansa.
i said, if you have written proof that you should have gotten 2 evouchers for the amount of money you paid, but only got one, then you should get a lawyer involved. its a little naive to think LH went out of their way to take the one voucher away, just so you get upset, wouldnt you agree?

bad communication, yes but not entirely unexpected.

When my SEN lounge is full, I can only guess that it's been you standing around looking for a spot. You may cheer the fact that Lufthansa steals (yes, steals) an eVoucher from me, but you're not going to get my seat.
it was definitely not me, as i dont use the SEN lounges too often, especially ever since i can use the FCLs. and even when i still did, i never had a problem with the SEN lounges being full.

i dont cheer the fact but i think one voucher is a much fairer deal. to me the whole paid extension thing doesnt make too much sense, i certainly would never use it. if i didnt fly enough to keep SEN, its down to FTL for the next two years, no problem for me.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 7:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sentom
i said, if you have written proof that you should have gotten 2 evouchers for the amount of money you paid, but only got one, then you should get a lawyer involved. its a little naive to think LH went out of their way to take the one voucher away, just so you get upset, wouldnt you agree?

bad communication, yes but not entirely unexpected.

it was definitely not me, as i dont use the SEN lounges too often, especially ever since i can use the FCLs. and even when i still did, i never had a problem with the SEN lounges being full.

i dont cheer the fact but i think one voucher is a much fairer deal. to me the whole paid extension thing doesnt make too much sense, i certainly would never use it. if i didnt fly enough to keep SEN, its down to FTL for the next two years, no problem for me.
I certainly don't mean that LH took the voucher away only to upset me. They obviously did it to make you happy. @:-)

If it's your lounge, why aren't you in it and why should I be out of it?

OK, it's obvious that arguments are being presented with overexaggerated points.

You say for me to get a lawyer involved if I have proof? The proof is still on their website. I also stated a few posts ago that the introduction of a lawyer into the issue could lead to Lufthansa's retraction of of my SEN status.

I've also been informed that the payment of €2000 is not a guarantee of SEN for an entire year. SEN can still be revoked at any time per the T&Cs. Mafia methods, but I'm learning that they're obviously also the price to be paid if maintaining SEN status with cash.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
to me the whole paid extension thing doesnt make too much sense, i certainly would never use it. if i didnt fly enough to keep SEN, its down to FTL for the next two years, no problem for me.
^ Exactly
Old Apr 6, 2008, 8:39 am

If it's your lounge, why aren't you in it and why should I be out of it?
i didnt say my lounge, i said our lounge. our as in us pax who appreciate the lounges. the get the hell out of them wasnt directed at you, but at those constant complainers about the poor and pathetic offers in said lounges who still use them every single minute they can.

The proof is still on their website.
do you have a link!?

I've also been informed that the payment of €2000 is not a guarantee of SEN for an entire year. SEN can still be revoked at any time per the T&Cs. Mafia methods, but I'm learning that they're obviously also the price to be paid if maintaining SEN status with cash.
i agree that its not the finest methods but why in gods name did you accept this deal then!? or why didnt you check in detail before?! that was my whole point from the beginning.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Atfirst glance the TK FFP looks quite easy to obtain *G (40k EQMs) and the card is valid for two years !
Don't know if the earn / redemption rate is any good though ?
A good point, and a valid concern^: a mere 40K EQMs for TK *G is a steal (mind you, unlike AC, other *A flights do count against status). IMHO achieving and maintaining *G is the best part of the program. Easy to get there, waaay easier to stay, all this valid for 2 years with a 12 month qualification period (not a calendar year!) with the option to re-qualify in 24 months instead! Shame I'm SEN until 02/2011 .

The catch: star alliance awards (also, all TK award itins where even one non-TK *A airline is involved=>practically all flights from Europe/Turkey to North America). E.g., a Miles & Smiles () award RT from Europe to NA on, say, LH will cost you 70K/105K/150K on X/I/O class respectively (whereas a (restricted availability) award on kosher TK will cost you 50K/70K on X/I respectively (there is no such thing as TK F)).

Bottomline: prepare to see your lounges full of Miles & Smiles members who, nevertheless, will not be seating next to your favorite seat on LH F.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
do you have a link!?
In post #153, I addressed this: lufthansa.com (under Miles & More, Status & Privileges, The benefits in brief). You dispute the applicability but I dispute your dispute.

i agree that its not the finest methods but why in gods name did you accept this deal then!? or why didnt you check in detail before?! that was my whole point from the beginning.
In post #141, I addressed this.

flysurfer: you seem to have nailed it
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
to me the whole paid extension thing doesnt make too much sense, i certainly would never use it. if i didnt fly enough to keep SEN, its down to FTL for the next two years, no problem for me.
Actually, that's a very narrow-minded (and totally untrue) statement that has nothing to with reality.

So lets keep it real: In reality, making and keeping SEN (or any FF status) has only random correlation with how much (frequently or far) somebody flys. This is especially true for M&M.

For example, I fly all year in F w/o earning a single status mile. That's because with M&M, flights paid with miles don't earn status miles. Neither do flights in R or N class, btw. And, just as an example from another FFP, neither do the fully flexible domestic 99 EUR (all incl.) tickets Air Berlin gives me because of who I am and what I do.

But back to LH: Someone could easily fly two paid intra-EU segments every single day of the calendar year w/o making SEN, even though he could easily spend EUR 60,000 (sixty thousand) for these tickets. It all depends on the booking class.

SEN has nothing do to with how much/often/far you fly.
SEN has everything to do with which booking classes you buy.

So quite obviously, paid SEN extension is an alternative for those (often very frequent) flyers who happen to buy the "wrong" booking classes on the "wrong" routes. Then again, what's the "wrong" booking class? I don't consider paying less than you for the same service you get "wrong". I'd rather consider it "smart". Some consider it an art that can be mastered. If your are good at it, they might even call you TFM
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I dont really want to consider TK or AI *G even if the validity if 2 years.
I hope that AI hasn't received full membership yet, like TK! (if so, then I had better start flying IC domestically, and dump 9w, to earn *A status miles! )
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Actually, that's a very narrow-minded (and totally untrue) statement that has nothing to with reality.
aha so its untrue that it doesnt make sense for me personally. interesting!

But back to LH: Someone could easily fly two paid intra-EU segments every single day of the calendar year w/o making SEN, even though he could easily spend EUR 60,000 (sixty thousand) for these tickets. It all depends on the booking class.
thats of course true, but those are the rules (which can change at any time, without any notice, remember?) i expect everybody who signs up for any FFP to be able to read, so i guess that people educate themselfs before they participate. wishful thinking, i know!

So quite obviously, paid SEN extension is an alternative for those (often very frequent) flyers who happen to buy the "wrong" booking classes on the "wrong" routes. Then again, what's the "wrong" booking class? I don't consider paying less than you for the same service you get "wrong". I'd rather consider it "smart". Some consider it an art that can be mastered. If your are good at it, they might even call you TFM
thats why you get little or no miles and i get more. has nothing to do with smart or not smart, just with the general situation. and i am in a situation where cant (and dont want to) just stay home because airtravel is such a headache, only fly on O awards and earn my miles with creditcard transactions or whatever. it also depends on, as you might know, your location. and my location barely ever offers E type fares. and if there is, i usually cant use them because i'm restricted to certain times or days.

and in the end, if a company puts you on planes twice a day, 365 days a year but only pays cheapo fares, you should consider changing jobs! just to keep it real...
Old Apr 6, 2008, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
aha so its untrue that it doesnt make sense for me personally. interesting!
Thinking only about you personally is the narrow-minded part.

if a company puts you on planes twice a day, 365 days a year but only pays cheapo fares, you should consider changing jobs!
Flying Lawyer might disagree. I hear he loves E fares and buys them whenever he can.

and i am in a situation where cant (and dont want to) just stay home because airtravel is such a headache, only fly on O awards and earn my miles with creditcard transactions or whatever. it also depends on, as you might know, your location.
That's the issue! Airtravel depends on so many specific and personal factors that it is quite arrogant to claim that certain offers "don't make sense".

Last edited by flysurfer; Apr 6, 2008 at 2:18 pm
Old Apr 6, 2008, 2:18 pm

Flying Lawyer might disagree. I hear he loves E fares and buys them whenever he can.
i doubt he is doing two segments a day, all year long...

btw, i just love your selective perception, makes this place so much more fun... not!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i doubt he is doing two segments a day, all year long...
But that was my point: even if he did, he would hardly make SEN with it.
If you fly a lot of intra-EU stuff and can pull it off (like our FL), it's still smart to book every flight in E, U, S, T, L instead of B and Y, then extend SEN with the 2k EUR offer. In the end, you'll have saved a buch of $$$ while having enjoyed exactly the same service as the SEN buying B and Y.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:06 pm

In the end, you'll have saved a buch of $$$ while having enjoyed exactly the same service as the SEN buying B and Y.
yep, except only one evoucher!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yep, except only one evoucher!
We'll se about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.