Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Newark [EWR] [closed till mid 2024]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by W&M Flyer
Is there alcohol or hot food yet?
No, there is not. I was there 2 days ago and the offering is still as described with pictures by seanp7 above.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
No, there is not. I was there 2 days ago and the offering is still as described with pictures by seanp7 above.
It’s a terrible lounge, which is quite disgraceful considering that LH has chosen to offer F from EWR while JFK does not yet have F back. For what it’s worth, the LH lounge at JFK has warm food (although nothing to get excited about to put it mildly) and a variety of alcoholic beverages. The Senator and HON/F floors are unfortunately still not open.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In a recent call I asked why EWR is so much different to JFK. The response was that the EWR offering will be upgraded in the course of October, the target is to bring back EWR service to JFK levels by November 1. It seems the local catering provider (which is a different one from JFK) has some issues.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems the local catering provider (which is a different one from JFK) has some issues.
As far as alcohol is concerned, we asked when they expected it to be back and the lounge agent said that she was not sure and that they were in the process of renewing their liquor license.

Last edited by Andriyko; Oct 17, 2021 at 9:16 am
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC-SE, BV Titanium, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by NikoLGA
Any update on the EWR lounge? Funny it’s so limited, since JFK is back to hot food.

Nah it was just cold grab and go items. no alcohol. This was back in August though
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:55 pm

I was in the EWR lounge on 26 October. Limited hot food, and no alcohol. Two soups and some pasta dish. It was depressingly bad.
ual744777sta and hugolover like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Baker421
I was in the EWR lounge on 26 October. Limited hot food, and no alcohol. Two soups and some pasta dish. It was depressingly bad.
At least that's an improvement compared to summer where they only offered supermarket snacks and bottled water for our safety.
Thanks for sharing this information.
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:05 am

It's an improvement to a UC.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
It's an improvement to a UC.
How do you figure? I’m no fan of UC but they currently have hot food and alcohol.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by 172pilot
How do you figure? I’m no fan of UC but they currently have hot food and alcohol.
I was also in the UC the same day in terminal C (I had a really long layover). I did prefer it to the LH lounge, but both are bad when compared to current offerings in other *A lounges in Europe (Swiss in Zurich, LH in FRA, SAS in CPH). The UC lounge at least had coffee and tea, but the only hot food option was soup and some pre-packaged sandwich you could microwave yourself. Being on a Polaris ticket at least got me a "free" half bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte brut rose. So there's that.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by W&M Flyer
Is there alcohol or hot food yet?
Last night: the packaged salads, pasta, fruit cups, etc. remain, but in addition to a lack of alcohol, the coffee and soft drink machines are allegedly broken. Thankfully they still provide complimentary water.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
Lufthansa Business Lounge at EWR

Found the thread for Lufthansa Business Lounge at EWR. Will be there Nov. 19, hopefully there will be at least meager food options. Looks like per the comments there's been some improvement over the last month.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:51 pm

Every time I see this thread pop to the top I shudder. The whole airport and lounge experience there is terrible and disgraceful as a “New York” port of entry to the United States. Some of that isn’t LH’s fault—the building and that pier are just a dump. But the lounge itself and the food/drinks provided is on LH. Minimize your time there as much as possible (normal advice but this is FT…).
pdeut likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by NYC1
The whole airport and lounge experience there is terrible and disgraceful as a “New York” port of entry to the United States. Some of that isn’t LH’s fault—the building and that pier are just a dump. B
The hope is that once the new terminal (build and operated with MUC) is ready life will be better.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:36 pm

Situation remains:
stevie0716 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.