Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 7:01 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by bAAh
Hi,

I just called the LH Senator line to submit a refund request for a cancelled mile flight coming up in June. I had an English speaking rep, and she asked for 3 digits from my PIN, then paused, said "Oh it didn't seem to work", then said let's try again and then conveniently asked for 3 different digits which meant she then had my whole PIN. I instantly thought this is not right, but let her submit my refund request and was going to stay on the line to submit the survey but she would not disconnect her line. So I eventually hung up, promptly changed my PIN, and now I don't know how to submit a case for someone to look into this...definitely suspicious.

Thank you!
Hello bAAh,

while I understand your concern, I can assure you that any information shared during calls is used strictly in order to assist you with your requests and ate handled in accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Data Protection Act (BDSG). Unfortunately, I am unable to tell from here what happened in this special case, but you are free to contact the dedicated team and raise your concerns. You can find more information here.

Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old May 25, 2020, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by angelats
Dear LH,

Is there any information available on when lounges will be reopening, at least in FRA or MUC, especially now that restaurants are now open across Germany? I am reluctant to book a business class flight before the lounges are open again.
Dear angelats,

due to the tightening of the ban on contact, all lounges are currently closed until further notice. While we still don't have any information about reopening yet, I recommend regularly checking our Current flight Information page, as any news will be published there.

Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old May 25, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear angelats,

due to the tightening of the ban on contact, all lounges are currently closed until further notice. While we still don't have any information about reopening yet, I recommend regularly checking our Current flight Information page, as any news will be published there.

Kind regards,
Heloisa
I'll definitely keep my eye on the website, but the "Kontaktbeschränkungen" have been relaxed, not tightened in the recent past. I hope that Lufthansa follows the recent development on the opening up of restaurants/cafés in Germany, as lounge access is one of the major selling points for business class flights.
kttosia likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 9:29 am

Very odd with the LH announcements about flights to Kiev from 02 June. According to the Ukrainian authorities, no international flights are authorized until 15 June, yet flights for 02 June (from FRA) can be booked on the LH site. I don't want to risk booking and then wasting my time trying to reach a phone agent to re-book; not to mention having to change a hotel booking if the flight doesn't actually exist. Any idea(s) what's going on here?
Old May 26, 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by AbnerKravitz
Very odd with the LH announcements about flights to Kiev from 02 June. According to the Ukrainian authorities, no international flights are authorized until 15 June, yet flights for 02 June (from FRA) can be booked on the LH site. I don't want to risk booking and then wasting my time trying to reach a phone agent to re-book; not to mention having to change a hotel booking if the flight doesn't actually exist. Any idea(s) what's going on here?
Hi AbnerKravitz,

I just checked on LH.com. The first available flight I found is on 15th of June.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Old May 26, 2020, 7:14 am

Hi AbnerKravitz,

I just checked on LH.com. The first available flight I found is on 15th of June.

Best regards,
Jonathan
I'm glad LH changed this. Otherwise, it would have caused real problems for travelers who are already frustrated. Thank you for sharing this update.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:13 am

I booked and cancelled flights with LH in early March.
It's almost 3 (three) months and have not received refund yet.

Last week, I received email from LH with the subject
"Are you aware of the flexible Lufthansa Group Airlines rebooking options?"

If it were offered when I was going to cancel the flights, it would make sense.
(with some premier for choosing the future flight credit rather than cash refund).
BUT, I DID cancel it already, again in early March and I received confirmation
email from LH.

It becoming more and more likely that you're using "unusual high amount of requests"
as (fake) excuse and holding customers' money as 'interest-free loan.'
kttosia likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by ichigen
I booked and cancelled flights with LH in early March.
It's almost 3 (three) months and have not received refund yet.

Last week, I received email from LH with the subject
"Are you aware of the flexible Lufthansa Group Airlines rebooking options?"

If it were offered when I was going to cancel the flights, it would make sense.
(with some premier for choosing the future flight credit rather than cash refund).
BUT, I DID cancel it already, again in early March and I received confirmation
email from LH.

It becoming more and more likely that you're using "unusual high amount of requests"
as (fake) excuse and holding customers' money as 'interest-free loan.'
Dear ichigen,

I can well relate to the frustration about not being offered a more flexible rebooking option back in March. The development of the current situation might not have been forseeable back then and might explain why our policies in place were only gradually adapted. I recommend to please get in touch with our Service Center. If the refund of your booking has not yet been processed, you still have the option to have our colleagues apply our current "booking-on-hold"-option and rebook your flight at a later time.

I apologize for the caused frustration but hope that offered alternative will make the situation and planning a little bit easier for you.

Best, Katharina
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:41 am

NO.
I didn't mean to say that I wanted to be offered the option of future credit.
I just said IT MADE SENSE IF IT WERE OFFERED WHEN I CANCELLED THE FLIGHTS.
I just need, again JUST NEED MY MONEY BACK WHICH YOU PROMISED THREE MONTHS AGO, rather than sending non-sense email.
PLEASE PAY MY MONEY BACK.

Dear ichigen,

I can well relate to the frustration about not being offered a more flexible rebooking option back in March. The development of the current situation might not have been forseeable back then and might explain why our policies in place were only gradually adapted. I recommend to please get in touch with our Service Center. If the refund of your booking has not yet been processed, you still have the option to have our colleagues apply our current "booking-on-hold"-option and rebook your flight at a later time.

I apologize for the caused frustration but hope that offered alternative will make the situation and planning a little bit easier for you.

Best, Katharina
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Dear LH

I received few days back -e mail that my upcoming Lot Polish flight ( which i bought from miles n more website-award ticket) has been cancelled . I tried customer care phone many times for few days but was not able to connect because of busy lines. Finally today morning I tried & was able to talk to customer care ( India ph no) & asked him to cancel my PNR. I was surprised that he did not cross check details of my flight , my ID , My miles n more no or e mail verification & straight forward cancelled flight. I asked him to give me reference number of cancellation which he declined saying his system does not allow this. I insisted that in that case he send me e mail confirmation for cancellation which he declined. I am Shocked at this that After trying phone for many days , I was able to connect but there is no official confirmation for cancellation. He also replied that it will take 3-4 days to miles to appears in my account & 3-4 Weeks for cash in my credit card account. Please see to it that I at least get confirmation e mail & my refund process is expedited. Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by raji
Dear LH

I received few days back -e mail that my upcoming Lot Polish flight ( which i bought from miles n more website-award ticket) has been cancelled . I tried customer care phone many times for few days but was not able to connect because of busy lines. Finally today morning I tried & was able to talk to customer care ( India ph no) & asked him to cancel my PNR. I was surprised that he did not cross check details of my flight , my ID , My miles n more no or e mail verification & straight forward cancelled flight. I asked him to give me reference number of cancellation which he declined saying his system does not allow this. I insisted that in that case he send me e mail confirmation for cancellation which he declined. I am Shocked at this that After trying phone for many days , I was able to connect but there is no official confirmation for cancellation. He also replied that it will take 3-4 days to miles to appears in my account & 3-4 Weeks for cash in my credit card account. Please see to it that I at least get confirmation e mail & my refund process is expedited. Thanks.
Hello raji,
I'm sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled. Generally, authentication is necessary when performing an award cancellation. A cancellation confirmation by email is normally also possible. While I am unable to tell from here what happened in this case, I can only advise contacting Miles & More once again so my colleagues can have a look at your booking and let you know if the cancellation was correctly processed. If you would like to provide us with a feedback about your experience, I recommend contacting my colleagues from Customer Relations.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: LH Senator
Dear LH
I see that there are some louges re-open in MUC and FRA. How about Brussels and Vienna? are they going to be open soon?
kind regards
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by kttosia
Dear LH
I see that there are some louges re-open in MUC and FRA. How about Brussels and Vienna? are they going to be open soon?
kind regards
Hello kttosia,

I have forwarded your request internally to the specials department. We'll come back to you once we have received a feedback.

Best regards,

Markus
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:50 am

Hi,
I would like to know how long Miles&More award ticket refunds are taking at the moment. I had a ticket cancelled by the airline for travel this month: I called Miles&More a couple of week ago and the agent said he would process a full refund of the taxes back to original form of payment, and redeposit the miles to my M&M account. Haven't received either so far, thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by kttosia
Dear LH
kind regards
Hello kttosia,

we were informed by our colleagues that the Schengen Lounge "The Loft" at Brussels Airport is planned to be opened in the first two weeks of July. In Vienna, however, no specific date is currently available, unfortunately.

Best regards,

Markus
kttosia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.