Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:11 pm

Regarding my post above: it appears that the last business class seat on AA2760 is now gone, so it's too late to do anything. I am still curios whether you think LH was right to demand the change fee...
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:33 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by max_bos
Regarding my post above: it appears that the last business class seat on AA2760 is now gone, so it's too late to do anything. I am still curios whether you think LH was right to demand the change fee...
Hello max_bos,

kindly provide us the Lufthansa booking code and the passenger names in a DM. I will ask my colleagues in the Service Center to have a look into the reservation.

Best regards,

Markus
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:57 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Deleted. Problem solved overnight.

Last edited by cas_de; Feb 12, 2020 at 5:22 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:56 am

Lost luggage advice desperately needed

Hello all... I need some help getting information about my lost suitcase so I am turning to Flyertalk for help. I flew from DFW to CAI on one ticket with three different carriers: DFW to YUL on Air Canada, YUL to VIE on Austrian Airlines and VIE to CAI on Egypt Air. My luggage was checked in DFW all the way to CAI. My luggage never made the transfer in Montreal. I arrived in Cairo but without my luggage. I reported the lost luggage to Egypt air at the Cairo airport as they requested and they entered all of the information in the World Tracer baggage system. My luggage was found in Montreal and put on two different Lufthansa flights and arrived in Cairo two days later.

Now the challenge... Egypt Airlines says they don’t have my luggage. Lufthansa was supposed to turn my luggage over to Egypt Air and apparently has not. Air Canada says my luggage should be in Cairo but they can’t be sure because It hasn’t been confirmed by either Lufthansa or Egypt Airlines in Cairo. Now my question, how long does Lufthansa have to confirm my luggage is in Cairo and give it to Egypt Airlines or say they have no idea where it is? I have called World Tracer (the baggage retrieval system) three times a day for the last four days and I am getting nowhere. What can I do next? Help! Alexis
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by alexisintexas
Hello all... I need some help getting information about my lost suitcase so I am turning to Flyertalk for help. I flew from DFW to CAI on one ticket with three different carriers: DFW to YUL on Air Canada, YUL to VIE on Austrian Airlines and VIE to CAI on Egypt Air. My luggage was checked in DFW all the way to CAI. My luggage never made the transfer in Montreal. I arrived in Cairo but without my luggage. I reported the lost luggage to Egypt air at the Cairo airport as they requested and they entered all of the information in the World Tracer baggage system. My luggage was found in Montreal and put on two different Lufthansa flights and arrived in Cairo two days later.

Now the challenge... Egypt Airlines says they don’t have my luggage. Lufthansa was supposed to turn my luggage over to Egypt Air and apparently has not. Air Canada says my luggage should be in Cairo but they can’t be sure because It hasn’t been confirmed by either Lufthansa or Egypt Airlines in Cairo. Now my question, how long does Lufthansa have to confirm my luggage is in Cairo and give it to Egypt Airlines or say they have no idea where it is? I have called World Tracer (the baggage retrieval system) three times a day for the last four days and I am getting nowhere. What can I do next? Help! Alexis
Hi Alexis,

really sorry to hear this! Kindly provide me with the tracing number and your last name in a DM. I will contact my colleagues to have a look into the system and then come back to you.

Best regards,

Markus
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: too many
Hi Lufthansa,

I am confused by the current flight information for passengers from/to China, as found on lufthansa.com:

"Lufthansa Group extends flight suspensions to mainland China
  • Flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Shenyang and Qingdao will be suspended until March 28
  • Flight operations to/from Hong Kong will be reduced in March
The safety of passengers and employees is a top priority for the Lufthansa Group. After thoroughly evaluating all currently available information on the corona virus, Lufthansa Group has decided to further suspend its Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian Airlines flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai until March 28. Initially the flights have been suspended until February 29. Flight suspensions to Nanjing, Shenyang and Qingdao will continue to stay in place until the end of the winter timetable on March 28. Flight operations to/from Hong Kong will be reduced in March. The Lufthansa Group will continuously monitor the situation of the corona virus and is in contact with the responsible authorities. Lufthansa Group offers free refund or rebooking for flights to/from mainland China. "

The last sentence only makes sense if it applies to flights after March 28, since there are no more flights before that date (and the affected pax would have those rights anyways). However I was told today that there is no such policy /waiver beyond that date.

Can you kindly clarify this?

Thanks!
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Hardy
Hi Lufthansa,

I am confused by the current flight information for passengers from/to China, as found on lufthansa.com:

"Lufthansa Group extends flight suspensions to mainland China
  • Flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Shenyang and Qingdao will be suspended until March 28
  • Flight operations to/from Hong Kong will be reduced in March
The safety of passengers and employees is a top priority for the Lufthansa Group. After thoroughly evaluating all currently available information on the corona virus, Lufthansa Group has decided to further suspend its Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian Airlines flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai until March 28. Initially the flights have been suspended until February 29. Flight suspensions to Nanjing, Shenyang and Qingdao will continue to stay in place until the end of the winter timetable on March 28. Flight operations to/from Hong Kong will be reduced in March. The Lufthansa Group will continuously monitor the situation of the corona virus and is in contact with the responsible authorities. Lufthansa Group offers free refund or rebooking for flights to/from mainland China. "

The last sentence only makes sense if it applies to flights after March 28, since there are no more flights before that date (and the affected pax would have those rights anyways). However I was told today that there is no such policy /waiver beyond that date.

Can you kindly clarify this?

Thanks!
Hi Hardy,

I agree, communication in regards to the free rebooking and refund option might be a little confusing. It refers to Lufthansa group passengers who have booked a ticket through us and have their flights operated by airlines that have not yet suspended their flights to/ from mainland China entirely. However, I can confirm that, currently, there is no waiver policy in place for flights booked for dates after March 28th. For those, the regular fare conditions apply.

Best,
Katharina
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
However, I can confirm that, currently, there is no waiver policy in place for flights booked for dates after March 28th. For those, the regular fare conditions apply.
Well this is certainly not what I was hoping for but thanks for clarifying anyways.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Hi LH team!

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask but I have a two questions regarding benefits of M&M.
As a FTL I recently flew from ATH to ZRH with LX and was placed into a boarding group 5. However, one of the benefits of FTL is

Third highest waiting list priority. The waiting list priority for Frequent Travellers and Senators applies on all flights operated by Star Alliance airlines, but not on upgrades and award flights.
Next time, should I board with group 3 as the M&M website says or should I board with group on the ticket?

And next question is about "1 additional bag in Economy Class". I bought Economy Light and later added a checked baggage to booking. Am I allowed to bring additional bag or not? I guess this still counts as an Economy Light when it comes to T&C, right?

Last edited by vladko; Feb 20, 2020 at 11:50 pm Reason: Wording
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by vladko
Hi LH team!

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask but I have a two questions regarding benefits of M&M.
As a FTL I recently flew from ATH to ZRH with LX and was placed into a boarding group 5. However, one of the benefits of FTL is

Next time, should I board with group 3 as the M&M website says or should I board with group on the ticket?

And next question is about "1 additional bag in Economy Class". I bought Economy Light and later added a checked baggage to booking. Am I allowed to bring additional bag or not? I guess this still counts as an Economy Light when it comes to T&C, right?
"Waiting list priority" is NOT priority boarding. As a FTL you should know the difference. And priority boarding is not a FTL privilege, so you must board with the group stated on your boarding pass, because it is correct.

If you have a ticket in Economy Light and you purchased a checked baggage to your booking, you are not allowed to bring additional check in bag. It is because even after purchasing the check in bag you are still traveling in Economy Light, which doesn't give status passengers any baggage perks.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by andywaw
"Waiting list priority" is NOT priority boarding. As a FTL you should know the difference. And priority boarding is not a FTL privilege, so you must board with the group stated on your boarding pass, because it is correct.

If you have a ticket in Economy Light and you purchased a checked baggage to your booking, you are not allowed to bring additional check in bag. It is because even after purchasing the check in bag you are still traveling in Economy Light, which doesn't give status passengers any baggage perks.
Well, now I feel guilty of asking in a thread where everybody asks. Thank you for answers!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by vladko
Hi LH team!

Hi vladko,

sorry for the late response.

The waiting list priority refers e.g. to the process of an upgrade. If an upgrade is not immediately confirmed and you're on waitlist, you have the third highest priority as a Frequent Traveler to get it confirmed.

Our boarding groups are defined as follows:

Pre-boarding: Families with babies and small children under 5, unaccompanied minors, passengers with reduced mobility
Group 1: HON Circle Members, Senators, Star Alliance Gold Card holders
Group 2: Business Class passengers, Economy Flex passengers
Group 3: Economy Class passengers with a window seat and companions
Group 4: Economy Class passengers with middle seats and companions
Group 5: Economy Class passengers with aisle seats

Regarding your second question: Yes, you are right. The Light fare does not include additional free baggage allowance.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:27 am

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/11/...l-proclamation

Given a lot of us are now banned from undertaking our trips to the USA it would be great if Lufthansa made the rebooking waiver less strict.

I would gladly rebook till later in the year but it would require being able to change the destination as I don't currently have any more travel planned between the original city pair.

If forced to pay a fee, we're obviously going to take the cancellation and hurt your cash reserves by getting the rest of the ticket refunded.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:04 am

Dear supine,

we do offer flexible rebooking options. You can find more information about the conditions here. Change of origin of destination is possible if your original fare allows it.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
we do offer flexible rebooking options. You can find more information about the conditions here. Change of origin of destination is possible if your original fare allows it.
Your stance keeps changing as the situation has developed.

Previously you were only waiving rebooking fees if the city pair was not changed.

As I could not make use of that waiver I waited.

Then you cancelled my flight and I could obtain a full refund.

If your change fee waiver had allowed city pair changes much earlier, folks like myself would have rebooked long ago and not been entitled to a refund.

You would think that it times of crisis like this you would be doing all you can to preserve cash.

Instead, your previously inflexible change fee waiver means more refunds are now due.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.