Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Rhys,
I am sorry that the handling of your claim takes so long. I will send my colleagues a reminder and ask them to get back to you as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Jens
Dear Jens,

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately another two weeks have passed in the meantime and I’ve had no contact from any Lufthansa representatives. I would really appreciate if this could somehow be escalated as the efforts to date have been unsuccessful.

Best regards,
Rhys
Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:43 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by RhysD
Dear Jens,

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately another two weeks have passed in the meantime and I’ve had no contact from any Lufthansa representatives. I would really appreciate if this could somehow be escalated as the efforts to date have been unsuccessful.

Best regards,
Rhys
Hello Rhys,

I do apologize that you still have not heard back. I have escalated the matter once again with Customer Relations and have just been informed that your case is now being handled as a priority. My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Birgit
Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:35 am

Dear Lurker,

I flew a couple of European flights in Lufthansa C. Miles did not credit to my Miles&More account. I tried the retro-credit form but got this message after a couple of days:
Your request for a retroactive mileage credit. *** has been rejected because Flight already credited
Well, flights have not been credited anywhere, that's why I requested a retro-credit
... I tried calling in but agent keeps referring to the online form.

How can I proceed further?

Thanks

EDIT: well, posting on this board did magic as the miles finally made it to my account 2 hours later

Last edited by fereke; Aug 3, 2021 at 2:44 am
Old Aug 3, 2021, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by fereke
Dear Lurker,

I flew a couple of European flights in Lufthansa C. Miles did not credit to my Miles&More account. I tried the retro-credit form but got this message after a couple of days:

Well, flights have not been credited anywhere, that's why I requested a retro-credit... I tried calling in but agent keeps referring to the online form.

How can I proceed further?

Thanks

EDIT: well, posting on this board did magic as the miles finally made it to my account 2 hours later
Great to hear, fereke. Have a good day!
Regards, Maria
Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Dear Lurker

What is the complete conditions and fine print of this promotion?

Maximum flexibility for your long-haul flight
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by LHSEN
Dear Lurker

What is the complete conditions and fine print of this promotion?

Maximum flexibility for your long-haul flight
Hello LHSen,
Are you referring to the flexible rebooking options? The conditions can be found on your website. If you are referring to a Miles & More promotion, I recommend contacting your Miles and More service directly. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I was referring to this:

Far-flung destinations beckon again

Now the Swiss website updated this as follows:

It’s time to travel again - book flights to your dream destination now! If you need to change your plans for any reason, you can cancel your Flex fare tickets for long-haul flights booked between now and 15 August without a fee**, rebook them for another destination** or easily change them to another travel date.** Travel period: 30.08.2021 - 30.06.2022
** not applicable to Light fare

It is funny that if I buy a „FLEX“ fare ticket, of course I‘d expect everything is flexible including rebook, cancel and refund. Why is this a special promotion ?!?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 4:18 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by LHSEN
I was referring to this:

Far-flung destinations beckon again

Now the Swiss website updated this as follows:

It’s time to travel again - book flights to your dream destination now! If you need to change your plans for any reason, you can cancel your Flex fare tickets for long-haul flights booked between now and 15 August without a fee**, rebook them for another destination** or easily change them to another travel date.** Travel period: 30.08.2021 - 30.06.2022
** not applicable to Light fare

It is funny that if I buy a „FLEX“ fare ticket, of course I‘d expect everything is flexible including rebook, cancel and refund. Why is this a special promotion ?!?
Not every FLEX is fully FLEX without, say, a cancellation fee, as opposed to non-flex which would simply not be cancellable, for example. Also rebooking between destination is not necessarily possible.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Not every FLEX is fully FLEX without, say, a cancellation fee, as opposed to non-flex which would simply not be cancellable, for example. Also rebooking between destination is not necessarily possible.
Hello LHSEN,

am I assuming correctly that you are quoting the Swiss Airlines website? Should this be the case, I recommend to get in touch with the colleagues at Swiss Airlines We are unable to assist here.

Kind regards, Maria
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:01 pm

Grüß Gott, Flyertalk Team!

Connecting to LH431 at ORD

It's been several years since I connected to LH at ORD and I'd be grateful for clarification on three points (I could find no answers on the LH site and the usually unfailable LH reservations center in Peterborough was unable to help):

1. Is there an LH service desk airside in Terminal 1 (i.e., by the United Lounge at B18)?

2. What time of day do the LH check-in counters in Terminal 1 open?

3. How long before LH431 begins boarding do the gate agents arrive to man the departure gate?

Thank you.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by FriendlyConfines
Grüß Gott, Flyertalk Team!

Connecting to LH431 at ORD

It's been several years since I connected to LH at ORD and I'd be grateful for clarification on three points (I could find no answers on the LH site and the usually unfailable LH reservations center in Peterborough was unable to help):

1. Is there an LH service desk airside in Terminal 1 (i.e., by the United Lounge at B18)?

2. What time of day do the LH check-in counters in Terminal 1 open?

3. How long before LH431 begins boarding do the gate agents arrive to man the departure gate?

Thank you.

Hello FriendlyConfines,

I have contacted my colleagues at ORD to enquire about information regarding your questions. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Best regards
Jens
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:31 pm

Why Vegetarian?!!!?!!!

Moin zusammen,
On July 11th I flew LH441, Houston --> Frankfurt.

Nothing to complain about. I was continually reminded why I always choose Lufthansa over the.... partner airline, whenever possible. Except one thing.

In economy, only a vegetarian meal was offered... On a flight to/from Texas. Even the pilot gave an audible stutter in disbelief as he read the meal "choice". I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that when loading economy class meals, the standard assumption on vegetarian/normal ratio was made, and that on the way over to Texas, so many people ate the normal meals that only enough vegetarian was available for the return leg. I might be wrong.

Please understand, in Texas, vegetarianism is (correctly) treated as a mental disorder and not as some sign of an enlightened mindset as some parts of the U.S./World fooled itself into believing. I would hope that, as an airline sensitive to local cultures and customs pertaining to meal choices, this would be understood.

Despite eating two meals (I stole my neighbor's meal - she didn't want anything), I never got the satiation I needed for the flight, and as a result I couldn't get any sleep. Even the breakfast was vegetarian. When I landed in Frankfurt I was properly gnatterig. In fact I'm still gnatterig about it over a month later.

Please don't let this happen again. It's really very frustrating.
chris63 and FriendlyConfines like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:37 am

Hello,

I posted this elsewhere but I think this is actually the right place.

I booked a flight on 16 June for a round trip Dresden to Catania with changes in Frankfurt on both legs. On July 7th I was informed that the leg from Dresden to Frankfurt was cancelled and a new flight was issued at a time inconvenient to me. I called the service centre who told me they could re-book my outbound from Frankfurt to Catania, and then keep the return as it is.

I received an email with the new schedule, but the PNR and e-ticket were the old numbers. I didn't think anything of it until I logged in to check my luggage allowance and seat reservations and found they were gone. I initially put it down to Lufthansa technical issues but then also I realised I no longer had an e-ticket number online either. I called the service desk and they told me I had no valid ticket attached to my confirmation because my schedule change was not ticketed correctly. Then they told me I should have been charged for the change, then put me on hold and ultimately hung up. I did eventually manage to get hold of a representative via social media channels who informed me my new itinerary was now booked at no extra charge and I received an email confirmation, but again with no ticket number. Again I cannot check my luggage allowance, select seats etc. The passenger receipt shows my original booking from June with the first leg that was cancelled. On follow up the rep then told me that the ticket would be issued "in a few hours" as it was with the ticket office. This was on Sunday 18th August.

Numerous contacts to LH since give me the same "this is an urgent issue but be patient, it will come tomorrow". I have also been given the reference FB ID 35098751 and that someone would contact me to resolve this issue. But no one called.

It is now 3 days that have passed and reading other experiences on here is making me a bit nervous. My flight leaves in 9 days. As I understand, without a resolution I would be denied boarding in Frankfurt and potentially the entire booking (i.e. the return) being cancelled?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
Extra status miles promotion

Dear Lurker,

Refer Lufthansa promotion below. My return flight departs on 15.9.2021 but arrives at destination 16.09.2021. Will I be eligible for the extra status miles ?

Extra status miles on flights

Promotional period from 1.6. to 15.9.2021
Valid on flights with Lufthansa Group airlines and selected airline partners
2,000 status miles for two flights within Europe
5,000 status miles for two intercontinental flights
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello FriendlyConfines,

I have contacted my colleagues at ORD to enquire about information regarding your questions. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Best regards
Jens

Hello FriendlyConfines,

My colleagues have just come back with the following replies:

There is the Service desk in the lobby ( landside) in terminal 1. There is only the gate counter at B17 ( near the B18 lounge). Depending on what type of service is required, we may or may not be able to handle it at the gate counter (ie. Rebooking using disruption transfer can be done at the gate. A complicated reissue must be handled at the lobby service desk)

Check in opens at 13:00 h.

Agents at gate before boarding – they arrive 90 minutes before boarding to open the gate.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Birgit

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.