Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH FTL, QR Gold, EK Silver, Etihad Silver
Hello!
There is some serious bug with the M&M website/LH.
Just tried to book one of the November Mileage Bargains - from Poland to LAX, 55k miles, business class.
After choosing flights, entering all the details/seat choice etc, entered payment details, entered the 3D code from my bank and got a message that the reservation cannot be completed online and to contact a local MM office.
Money on the credit card got charged - twice... Cause I tried to book the ticket twice and ended up with the same message.
Called Warsaw M&M office - totally unhelpful... Called German hotline - first agent hang up on me, then was lucky to reach the South African office - the agent wasn't really able to help me, but at least was very polite.
He said he knows they have a problem with the website today, but he is not able to manually book me the Business Bargain award...
When I take a look at the award availability via United Airlines website - it shows none for all LH flights during most of March - but MM website is still trying to sell those flights as they show availability even in the Bargains sector of the available classes.

So will I get the money back relatively quick? I really want that ticket to LAX, but don't know what to do now - don't want to keep on blocking money on my card just because of the website failure.

Best regards!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:29 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by piotrger
Hello!
There is some serious bug with the M&M website/LH.
Just tried to book one of the November Mileage Bargains - from Poland to LAX, 55k miles, business class.
After choosing flights, entering all the details/seat choice etc, entered payment details, entered the 3D code from my bank and got a message that the reservation cannot be completed online and to contact a local MM office.
Money on the credit card got charged - twice... Cause I tried to book the ticket twice and ended up with the same message.
Called Warsaw M&M office - totally unhelpful... Called German hotline - first agent hang up on me, then was lucky to reach the South African office - the agent wasn't really able to help me, but at least was very polite.
He said he knows they have a problem with the website today, but he is not able to manually book me the Business Bargain award...
When I take a look at the award availability via United Airlines website - it shows none for all LH flights during most of March - but MM website is still trying to sell those flights as they show availability even in the Bargains sector of the available classes.

So will I get the money back relatively quick? I really want that ticket to LAX, but don't know what to do now - don't want to keep on blocking money on my card just because of the website failure.

Best regards!

Hello piotrger,

probably the money blocked but not charged. In that case the block will delete itself after some days. If there is a technical error with the Mileage Bargains, Please ask my colleageus at the Service Center to book the flights for you via phone.
I am very sorry to hear that the previous agents couldn't help you but the Miles&More Service Center is the right contact.

Best regards,
Sascha
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: LH
Dear LH lurker,

Yesterday on my trip CDG-MUC-VIE-KSC, all on one ticket. I tried to proactively at CDG to check in my carry on luggage as per mail received, due to 'flight being full'. The agent checked the luggage only to VIE claiming that the ongoing flight is with a different airline (OS) and I would need to collect my luggage and recheck it again in VIE. I have,of course, refused to check it took it with me onboard.
Is this some new 'enhancement', policy or just incompetent agent? I do not find any added value for me, when i have to re-check the luggage mid way to my destination.
kttosia likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
a question regarding the strike irreg waiver issued today: is the rebooking allowed only in the same RBD/BK or the same cabin? It seems agents are only allowing rebooking in the same RBD, which is rather pointless as often flights are only open in the higher booking class at thies point (only 2-3 days away).

Regards Oliver
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by shady
Dear LH lurker,

Yesterday on my trip CDG-MUC-VIE-KSC, all on one ticket. I tried to proactively at CDG to check in my carry on luggage as per mail received, due to 'flight being full'. The agent checked the luggage only to VIE claiming that the ongoing flight is with a different airline (OS) and I would need to collect my luggage and recheck it again in VIE. I have,of course, refused to check it took it with me onboard.
Is this some new 'enhancement', policy or just incompetent agent? I do not find any added value for me, when i have to re-check the luggage mid way to my destination.
Hello shady,

I have contacted my colleagues and they have advised me that, in the case of a voluntary carry-on baggage check-in, bags are generally checked through to the destination. I'm unfortunately unable to verify from here what caused the agent at check-in to decide otherwise, and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Heloisa
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
a question regarding the strike irreg waiver issued today: is the rebooking allowed only in the same RBD/BK or the same cabin? It seems agents are only allowing rebooking in the same RBD, which is rather pointless as often flights are only open in the higher booking class at thies point (only 2-3 days away).

Regards Oliver
Hello Oliver,

such decisions depend on several factors, such as your operating and ticketing airline. Since my colleagues in the Service Center always receive the latest updates, I recommend discussing the matter with them directly. They will be happy to provide you with further information or crosscheck with a supervisor.

Kind regards,

Heloisa

Heloisa
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:56 pm

Missing Miles...

Dear LH Lurker,
Can I PM you for assistance with an issue? Last month I took some flights that are not showing up the credit on my account. I did have my M&M number on the reservation, and, I have even submitted a retroactive credit but nothing showed. After submitting the request again, now I see a "Your request for a retroactive mileage credit. xxx on 18/10/2019 has been rejected because Flight already credited" but in my statement i do not see the entries... thanks in advance for your assistance...
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by RedRobin
Dear LH Lurker,
Can I PM you for assistance with an issue? Last month I took some flights that are not showing up the credit on my account. I did have my M&M number on the reservation, and, I have even submitted a retroactive credit but nothing showed. After submitting the request again, now I see a "Your request for a retroactive mileage credit. xxx on 18/10/2019 has been rejected because Flight already credited" but in my statement i do not see the entries... thanks in advance for your assistance...

Hi RedRobin,
please send your Miles & More number, full name and flight details via PM.
While we're unable to speed up the process, we'll gladly send a message to Miles & More to let them know that you're still waiting for the handling for your mileage credit.
Vanessa
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:26 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Dear LH Lurker,

I would like to start with a compliment regarding the service in Lufthansa First Class: I've recently had the joy of flying it back from HKG to FRA and enjoyed every second of it and am looking forward to flying with you again very soon.

However, unrelated to my compliment above, in recent times I have encountered more and more IT issues on your website. Starting with not being able to select seats on any flight, be it in First Class or Business Class (Invalid request error after it forwards me to a payment page with the price of 0 EUR) and just today with one of my journeys showing as being cancelled (See attached picture). Obviously I was quite surprised by this and immediatly called the premium hotline where I was told only one flight has been cancelled and that I was moved to the earlier flight, the whole ticket and journey, however, was still ticketed and confirmed. We came to the conclusion that this must have been a website bug:

As you might understand it's probably not so practical that a not cancelled journey shows as cancelled online and it'd probably be beneficial if this bug was fixed rather sooner than later.

Best Regards,

Nick
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Dear LH Lurker,

I would like to start with a compliment regarding the service in Lufthansa First Class: I've recently had the joy of flying it back from HKG to FRA and enjoyed every second of it and am looking forward to flying with you again very soon.

However, unrelated to my compliment above, in recent times I have encountered more and more IT issues on your website. Starting with not being able to select seats on any flight, be it in First Class or Business Class (Invalid request error after it forwards me to a payment page with the price of 0 EUR) and just today with one of my journeys showing as being cancelled (See attached picture). Obviously I was quite surprised by this and immediatly called the premium hotline where I was told only one flight has been cancelled and that I was moved to the earlier flight, the whole ticket and journey, however, was still ticketed and confirmed. We came to the conclusion that this must have been a website bug:

As you might understand it's probably not so practical that a not cancelled journey shows as cancelled online and it'd probably be beneficial if this bug was fixed rather sooner than later.

Best Regards,

Nick

Hello Nick, Thank you for your feedback. I regret to hear that you have been facing these technical difficulties. As we do not have the possibilty to assist with this and the colleagues at the Technical Support will require more data in order to verify why you received misleading information, feel free to talk to them directly (>Help with Lufthansa.com and the mobile app).
Regards, Maria
Nick Art likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Dear LH Lurker,
Have the same issue with a recent flight ( exactly the same), contacted Miles and More they are now trying to sort it out, lets see. takes a long time
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Exactly same issue for me for a SN flight. The outbound got credited, the long haul return wasn't but the connection did credit. Weird.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: IB Gold, EK Gold, LH Frequent Tr, UA Silver; Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime,
Hi LH Lurkers,

Not sure what to do with this issue I am having:

6 weeks ago flew NCE-FRA-BOG and BOG-FRA-NCE and the NCE-FRA legs posted fine but FRA/BOG (Class D/P) has been sitting in error. I've resubmitted at customer service request twice and still nothing, just saying it needs to be processed by back office still. This flight gives me status or is just at the edge, so if it takes months I dont get any of the Frequent Traveler benefits druing this time.

As a note- I've been trying to move my business to LH from Iberia (GOLD) and Emirates (Silver) now that I have relocated from Spain, but its not started off well. I needed to book a slew of long haul for Q1 but will change my plans if I can't get this resolved.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by jdeahl
Hi LH Lurkers,

Not sure what to do with this issue I am having:

6 weeks ago flew NCE-FRA-BOG and BOG-FRA-NCE and the NCE-FRA legs posted fine but FRA/BOG (Class D/P) has been sitting in error. I've resubmitted at customer service request twice and still nothing, just saying it needs to be processed by back office still. This flight gives me status or is just at the edge, so if it takes months I dont get any of the Frequent Traveler benefits druing this time.

As a note- I've been trying to move my business to LH from Iberia (GOLD) and Emirates (Silver) now that I have relocated from Spain, but its not started off well. I needed to book a slew of long haul for Q1 but will change my plans if I can't get this resolved.
Hi jdeahl,
please send me your ticket number or booking code and Miles & More number via PM, I will ask my colleagues to have a look. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
Have the same issue with a recent flight ( exactly the same), contacted Miles and More they are now trying to sort it out, lets see. takes a long time
Dear LH Lurker,
Facing exactly the same issue - Had a 4 segment flight in Business Class - only 3 segments got credited ! Keep getting the " flight already credited" message but no credit in the account !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.