Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
Hi Lufthansa team,

I have a question regarding an upcoming booking as I’m unable to reach the SEN hotline/call centre. I was initially booked on LX from LCY to CAI (Apr 1 - Apr 13) in Business Class. The flight got cancelled. I was auto-rebooked onto multiple LH flight options from LHR via FRA, all of which got cancelled too. As my departure time is still 11 days away and I’m not encouraged to continue to attempt to contact the SEN hotline, I’m just curious as to what will happen to my booking. I cannot find much info online but it appears the LH Group is not resuming normal operations to CAI until 20 Apr. Will I be rebooked onto another airline maybe? What are my options here?

thanks,
OH
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:07 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
Hi Lufthansa team,

I have a question regarding an upcoming booking as Im unable to reach the SEN hotline/call centre. I was initially booked on LX from LCY to CAI (Apr 1 - Apr 13) in Business Class. The flight got cancelled. I was auto-rebooked onto multiple LH flight options from LHR via FRA, all of which got cancelled too. As my departure time is still 11 days away and Im not encouraged to continue to attempt to contact the SEN hotline, Im just curious as to what will happen to my booking. I cannot find much info online but it appears the LH Group is not resuming normal operations to CAI until 20 Apr. Will I be rebooked onto another airline maybe? What are my options here?

thanks,
OH
Hi OH,

as the situation has been very dynamic the past few days, I recommend to contact the Service Center to have immediate action taken. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise without all ticket information.

Best regards,

Markus
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
Hi Lufthansa team,

I have a question regarding an upcoming booking as I’m unable to reach the SEN hotline/call centre. I was initially booked on LX from LCY to CAI (Apr 1 - Apr 13) in Business Class. The flight got cancelled. I was auto-rebooked onto multiple LH flight options from LHR via FRA, all of which got cancelled too. As my departure time is still 11 days away and I’m not encouraged to continue to attempt to contact the SEN hotline, I’m just curious as to what will happen to my booking. I cannot find much info online but it appears the LH Group is not resuming normal operations to CAI until 20 Apr. Will I be rebooked onto another airline maybe? What are my options here?

thanks,
OH

Keep trying the call centre. Experiences clearly vary, but i got through in less than a minute yesterday.

I don't there'll be many options waiting for you. I'm sure you've considered the entry requirements, which present another challenge.

Perhaps tidier to accept cancellation and ask for a refund,
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Hi Lurkers,

I have a query regarding an OS booking that I have for August. I rang up last night to enquire about rebooking the outbound to a week earlier and after being kicked out of the call twice, I finally got through to someone after 20:00 at the generic LH group call centre rather than the OS-specific one, as OS were already closed by then. I was told that rebooking was no problem and that there would be no charge. I kept an eye on the booking online and nothing changed so I just called OS again and got through to their call centre, only to be told that what the colleague last night told me was rubbish and that my ticket is not rebookable or refundable so nothing I can do. The agent today also said that her colleague who I spoke to last night probably tried to put it through the computer, failed as the ticket was not changeable and so just left it. Unfortunately, I didn't get his name so I can't give you anything more specific than this. I have obviously misunderstood your rebooking policy, as I read it to mean that all tickets up until 31st August could be rebooked, and this would also tie in with what I was told last night but according to OS, this is not the case. Am I completely out of luck here? According to the OS agent, my only option is to forego all of the money I spend on my non-changeable (but still rather expensive) business class fare and buy new flights outright. While I realise that I am not directly affected by this crisis (yet), I was due to travel in April but am now not able to so was hoping to extend my trip in August in order to be able to spend some time with my elderly grandmother in the UK, as I now have extra holidays that I did not expect to have.

If you can help in any way at all, I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi Lurkers,

I have a query regarding an OS booking that I have for August. I rang up last night to enquire about rebooking the outbound to a week earlier and after being kicked out of the call twice, I finally got through to someone after 20:00 at the generic LH group call centre rather than the OS-specific one, as OS were already closed by then. I was told that rebooking was no problem and that there would be no charge. I kept an eye on the booking online and nothing changed so I just called OS again and got through to their call centre, only to be told that what the colleague last night told me was rubbish and that my ticket is not rebookable or refundable so nothing I can do. The agent today also said that her colleague who I spoke to last night probably tried to put it through the computer, failed as the ticket was not changeable and so just left it. Unfortunately, I didn't get his name so I can't give you anything more specific than this. I have obviously misunderstood your rebooking policy, as I read it to mean that all tickets up until 31st August could be rebooked, and this would also tie in with what I was told last night but according to OS, this is not the case. Am I completely out of luck here? According to the OS agent, my only option is to forego all of the money I spend on my non-changeable (but still rather expensive) business class fare and buy new flights outright. While I realise that I am not directly affected by this crisis (yet), I was due to travel in April but am now not able to so was hoping to extend my trip in August in order to be able to spend some time with my elderly grandmother in the UK, as I now have extra holidays that I did not expect to have.

If you can help in any way at all, I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry to hear about your experience! Kindly provide us the booking reference and the names of all passengers in a DM, that we can have a look at the ticket.

Kind regards,

Markus
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Sorry to hear about your experience! Kindly provide us the booking reference and the names of all passengers in a DM, that we can have a look at the ticket.

Kind regards,

Markus
Thanks for the quick reply Markus. PM just sent as requested.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Thanks for the quick reply Markus. PM just sent as requested.
Hi gbp_croppers63,

I've just replied to your direct message.

Best regards,
Katharina
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:27 am

Hi gbp_croppers63,

I've just replied to your direct message.

Best regards,
Katharina
Hi Katharina,

Thanks very much for the quick reply and the assistance. Much appreciated, especially in these busy times!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
Dear Lufthansa team,

I have a question on the processing times for refunds at the moment. I called the hotline on March 18th about 3 bookings that were cancelled by Lufthansa. The agent was really helpful and said that I would receive refunds for all three bookings to the payment method I used at the time. I received a "Stornobesttigung" confirming the cancellation but with no information on the refund. I still haven't received any refund to my credit card. How long can I expect to wait before the refund is processed? I appreciate that things might be taking longer at the moment, but it would be good to know a rough timeline.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by angelats
Dear Lufthansa team,

I have a question on the processing times for refunds at the moment. I called the hotline on March 18th about 3 bookings that were cancelled by Lufthansa. The agent was really helpful and said that I would receive refunds for all three bookings to the payment method I used at the time. I received a "Stornobesttigung" confirming the cancellation but with no information on the refund. I still haven't received any refund to my credit card. How long can I expect to wait before the refund is processed? I appreciate that things might be taking longer at the moment, but it would be good to know a rough timeline.
Hello angelats, Due to the current situation, it is not possible to adhere to deadlines and it may take longer than usual until your receive your refund. Thank you for understanding. Regards, Maria
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Hi Lufthansa, I have a question / issue / concern. I am booking on a 2for1 first class ticket on 28th April, LHR - Bogota and back. Obviously this won't happen now.

There appears to be lots of confusing information about re booking this type of ticket (Discount fare, 2for 1 etc) and having to pay a fare difference if I try re book this for much later in the year. I assume it would be a considerable difference. Can you give me some clarity? Can I just re book same flights, different dates and not pay any difference in fare? I know refunds is something you wish to avoid, and I am more then happy to fly at a new date, but not for a massive fare differance

Thanks, and best wishes to all in LH at this time
Iain
montezume likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by iainbean
Hi Lufthansa, I have a question / issue / concern. I am booking on a 2for1 first class ticket on 28th April, LHR - Bogota and back. Obviously this won't happen now.

There appears to be lots of confusing information about re booking this type of ticket (Discount fare, 2for 1 etc) and having to pay a fare difference if I try re book this for much later in the year. I assume it would be a considerable difference. Can you give me some clarity? Can I just re book same flights, different dates and not pay any difference in fare? I know refunds is something you wish to avoid, and I am more then happy to fly at a new date, but not for a massive fare differance

Thanks, and best wishes to all in LH at this time
Iain
Hello iainbean,
the option to rebook free of charge without fare difference applies in case of a flight cancellation from our side. Should you not be affected by a flight cancellation and would like to postpone your travel, then you may use the rebooking options which are mentioned on our homepage (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-information.html). In this case there may be a fare difference which is collected.
Best regards
Jens
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello iainbean,
the option to rebook free of charge without fare difference applies in case of a flight cancellation from our side. Should you not be affected by a flight cancellation and would like to postpone your travel, then you may use the rebooking options which are mentioned on our homepage (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-information.html). In this case there may be a fare difference which is collected.
Best regards
Jens
Jens,

Can you please clarify the rules of rebooking for cancelled flights without there been a fare difference? Specifically; when cancelled flights can be rebooked for without incurring a fare difference when seats are available in the same compartment.

There is much confusion regarding when cancelled flights can be rebooked to, especially when many routes are cancelled for months by LH.

Thanks,
montezume likes this.

Last edited by hugolover; Apr 2, 2020 at 10:42 am Reason: Spacing
Old Apr 3, 2020, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Jens,

Can you please clarify the rules of rebooking for cancelled flights without there been a fare difference? Specifically; when cancelled flights can be rebooked for without incurring a fare difference when seats are available in the same compartment.

There is much confusion regarding when cancelled flights can be rebooked to, especially when many routes are cancelled for months by LH.

Thanks,
Hello hugolover,
I understand your confusion. There are indeed several scenarios which can apply in this case, depending on when the flight disruption takes place, the operating carrier and ticket issuer, among others. While I'm unable to provide you with an exact list, I recommend visiting our website to find out more about passenger rights. On this link you will also find a list of the frequently asked questions about flight disruptions, rebookings, and more.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Heloisa,

All I am asking is for you to clarify the comments made by your colleague Jens. The link you provided does not mention what Jens said, which to remind you was "The option to rebook free of charge without fare difference applies in case of a flight cancellation from our side."

Can you please clarify that those pax with flight cancelled by LH can rebook without a fare difference?

For context, the understanding of those of us here is that cancelled flights can only be rebooked in the same RBD with a discount of up-to 50 EUR if the fare is higher. This is at odds with Jens's reply.

I would like you to feedback to Management that PLL LOT policy is to permit rebooking to any date, one year from departure, with no fare difference for cancelled flights. We would all be grateful if LH were to follow LOT and offer such a generous and passenger friendly rebooking procedure.

Many thanks again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.