Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:13 am

I wouldn't really hope to resolve this with LH. You might get some sympathy but that will most probably be it. Especially since the return flight can’t be anymore in the future according to the fare rules I suppose (very hard to overwrite)

do you have some kind of insurance which might possibly cover it?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:09 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by clementi
Hello,

We bought two Business Class long haul tickets this time last year originating in LHR.
We used the outward bound leg.

When we were about to return to UK in April this year my mil who has long term medical problems deteriorated such that we decided to stay with her as my wife is her Primary Carer.

After some difficulty we managed to postpone our return journey with Lufthansa until the end of September this year which we were told was the latest date we could postpone until. That cost us Eu 250 per person.

Recently my mil has been discharged from hospital after a two week stay and the doctors have told us that she will further deteriorate, but can't give a time line before she passes away.

So we will of course stay with her until she passes away.

As we were told back in April that we will not be able to postpone our return flight further, we wondered if with the extenuating circumstances we might be able to postpone the flight for maybe something up to a further month.

Does anyone especially the Lufthansa Representative have a view on our situation and if there is a possibility of a further postponement how we might best go about it.

We have found that when talking by phone to Lufthansa customer service that some are very helpful others not so. That's a fact not a criticism, as it is the same with any phone calls to large customer service reps.
Dear clementi,
The maximum stay depends on your fare conditions and, generally, cannot exceed 12 months. In this case I can only recommend you to get in touch with my colleagues in the Service Center, as they can retrieve your ticket and verify until when a rebooking is possible.
Kind regards,
Heloisa

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; Sep 18, 2019 at 10:10 am Reason: Link was missing
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:59 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think our specific case may have a different result from 'generally , cannot exceed 12 months'.

Should I contact the Service Centre in the UK where I purchased the tickets, or in the country where we now are?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by clementi
Thanks for the reply.

Do you think our specific case may have a different result from 'generally , cannot exceed 12 months'.

Should I contact the Service Centre in the UK where I purchased the tickets, or in the country where we now are?

Hello clementi,

we don't have any information that the ticket validation can exceed the 12 month but the Service Center will have more information if that would be possible or not.
You can contact the Service Center of your choice.

Kind regards,
Sascha
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello clementi,

we don't have any information that the ticket validation can exceed the 12 month but the Service Center will have more information if that would be possible or not.
You can contact the Service Center of your choice.

Kind regards,
Sascha
Thank you.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold
First Class on LH412. muc-ewr

Hi,

i would love love to fly the a350, but no first class. Do you plan to bring first class to Newark ? It always was full

thank you
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Nyswiss
Hi,

i would love love to fly the a350, but no first class. Do you plan to bring first class to Newark ? It always was full

thank you
Hi Nyswiss,

none of our A350 carriers is currently equipped with a First Class compartment. To Newark, our First Class can be booked out of Frankfurt, operated by a 747-800.

Best regards,

Markus
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: M&M
Hi there!

I recently flew LIS -> CNF TP103 and tried to get retroactive miles for that flight and got a "Flight not eligible for credit" on the M&M application form. I've flown this route in the past many times and always got miles for it. This booking was a normal one (not made using miles). I did however bid for an executive class (business) upgrade prior to the flight.

Did something change?

Last edited by chicofranchico; Sep 22, 2019 at 4:30 am
Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by chicofranchico
Hi there!

I recently flew LIS -> CNF TP103 and tried to get retroactive miles for that flight and got a "Flight not eligible for credit" on the M&M application form. I've flown this route in the past many times and always got miles for it. This booking was a normal one (not made using miles). I did however bid for an executive class (business) upgrade prior to the flight.

Did something change?

I have credited my latest TAP flights to M&M (GRU - LIS - ORY, ORY - LIS - GRU) and the miles were credited immediately. It was an Economy "Basic" Fare, (booking fare "O" - super promotional price). The flights were in June/2019.

I could even get credits to M&M from a LATAM flight (CGH - POA) two days later, booking fare Y, which I thought I would never receive the credit because I had to request manually (retroative) these miles (my flight from GRU to POA was cancelled and I was rerouted) and the M&M.com did not recognized the correct flight code and number.

Cris

Last edited by criske; Sep 22, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by chicofranchico
Hi there!

Did something change?
Hello chicofranchico, in this case, please give the colleagues at Miles & More (>Contact by phone at bottom of the page) a call who will be able to assist.
To find the telephone number of your country, you may have to change the country settings. Kind regards, Maria
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: EBG
delayed baggage turning into lost baggage and nobody is claiming any responsibility

So first of all I want to say it has been really great to be a star gold for a longer time especially fly LH short / long-hauls. So I flew on 20th Sep CPH-FRA-YVR (all LH and with a connecting time of 4h+ ). Only when I land YVR they tell me that my check-in luggage somehow was flying CPH-MUC-YVR and would arrive 5 h later but would anyhow be delivered. Now it has been 72+ hours counting since trying to get my bag. When called, the Lufthansa helpline is saying "bag in the courier, call the baggage courier", whereas the baggage courier is heard saying "OMG" on phone and "I don't know anything" and "refer back to Lufthansa". So nobody is helping or providing any assistance, thus leaving everything to be figured out by the traveller. Also this really sucks as when googling YVR I read news such as "Baggage handlers stealing luggage at Vancouver airport, RCMP says" or "The case of the missing sneakers: $9K worth allegedly stolen from checked airport luggage". Questions I am desperate getting answered are things like: Do you reimburse 50% of the suit/shoes/gear you 100% lost and will you reimburse the phone bill and the hours needed to solve this too? When will this case be declared as lost? Will LH then decide to reimburse 50 % of the ~1400 e of total costs Montreal convention or 50% of the total 2800 e what they seem to say is the Montreal convention or will they reimburse 100% of the 1400e? What to do dear Lurkers? Also in the end i just want to have my gear and stuff.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by kkpsir
So first of all I want to say it has been really great to be a star gold for a longer time especially fly LH short / long-hauls. So I flew on 20th Sep CPH-FRA-YVR (all LH and with a connecting time of 4h+ ). Only when I land YVR they tell me that my check-in luggage somehow was flying CPH-MUC-YVR and would arrive 5 h later but would anyhow be delivered. Now it has been 72+ hours counting since trying to get my bag. When called, the Lufthansa helpline is saying "bag in the courier, call the baggage courier", whereas the baggage courier is heard saying "OMG" on phone and "I don't know anything" and "refer back to Lufthansa". So nobody is helping or providing any assistance, thus leaving everything to be figured out by the traveller. Also this really sucks as when googling YVR I read news such as "Baggage handlers stealing luggage at Vancouver airport, RCMP says" or "The case of the missing sneakers: $9K worth allegedly stolen from checked airport luggage". Questions I am desperate getting answered are things like: Do you reimburse 50% of the suit/shoes/gear you 100% lost and will you reimburse the phone bill and the hours needed to solve this too? When will this case be declared as lost? Will LH then decide to reimburse 50 % of the ~1400 e of total costs Montreal convention or 50% of the total 2800 e what they seem to say is the Montreal convention or will they reimburse 100% of the 1400e? What to do dear Lurkers? Also in the end i just want to have my gear and stuff.
Dear kkpsir,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you have yet to receive your luggage and communication in regards to the case seems rather scarce. As it sounds like the baggage has arrived in Vancouver, already, and was handed over to the delivering company , we can't promise to do anything in order for you to receive a more specific information in regards to your bag's whereabouts and have local staff look into the delivery process. Please, however, send us the reference number on your loss report per direct message and we'll try to reach out to our Vancouver colleagues.

As for the reimbursement, kindly understand that we can't give you a more specific advice about internal guidelines in addition to information shown on our website. For a clear and individual response, please send your claim to Customer Relations and use the online feedback form. Don't forget to mention the lost bag reference no.

Thanks, Katharina
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: LH SEN
Just wanted to provide feedback on your website.

When there are upgrades still wait-listed for any legs of an itinerary this seems to lock all seat reservation changes via the website, even for confirmed legs, which requires us to make a call to your call centre for seat reservations.

You can save the traveller some hassle, and your call centre a needless extra call, by not blocking changes to confirmed legs.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by supine
Just wanted to provide feedback on your website.

When there are upgrades still wait-listed for any legs of an itinerary this seems to lock all seat reservation changes via the website, even for confirmed legs, which requires us to make a call to your call centre for seat reservations.

You can save the traveller some hassle, and your call centre a needless extra call, by not blocking changes to confirmed legs.

Dear supine, please send me the booking reference per private message and I will forward this to my colleagues. Isabell
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: EBD, Radisson Plat, Marriot Gold
3 month (and counting ) wait for promised flight delay compensation (EU 261/2004)

Dear fellow flyers,

Are we (I and my wife) the only ones struggling with LH to pay out to agreed flight delay (EU 261/2004) compensation?

As context, we flow already in early July and the return trip from Lisbon via Munich to Helsinki had the first leg delayed beyond us reaching the second leg. We were then rerouted by LH to TAP flight to HEL later that day/night resulting in total delay of 7 hours or so. Such delays do happen but what has followed is getting beyond my comprehension.

I submitted feedback forms/claims from LH website for both of us (we had separate tickets/bookings). The first thing that struck me as somewhat sub-optimal was that there was no acknowledgement from LH of receiving the feedback (this only came after a few days). Then after 8 days my wife receives a reply from LH regretting the delay and offering the standard 400 euro compensation. I receive similar response a few days later.

We submit for both the required details (including the photo of passport with the person in question discusses in at least one other thread). I received the compensation about a month after the flight but now the problems start for my wife's compensation.

I had submitted the above mentioned documents (e.g. boarding passes, which one might guess the airline already sort of had) for both of us from my email, but since we had different bookings it seemed that the LH systems/processes broke down at this point. After this I got an reply that I needed a PoA to act for my wife after which she resent the documents/info from her email. This has now been followed with a numerous emails asking for her passport picture again from both her email and mine, telling me that my compensation can't be paid out (it's already paid out).

Each email seems to be followed by about 1-2 weeks of delay before any response, which then as mentioned above typically makes one feel like being in some sort of Kafka-type world.

It's beginning to be both a matter of principle as well as of course 400 euros already being agreed. We're both flying enough to understand that delays and such inconveniences do happen, but the handling of this and the resulting customer experience just at least to me doesn't really make sense.

Here I was mainly wanting to understand is this the new standard LH (I had a delay with them last year and that was handled very professionally) or are we just being extremely unlucky here.

Best regards,
Jussi Vallinkoski

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.