FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:06 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by kkpsir
So first of all I want to say it has been really great to be a star gold for a longer time especially fly LH short / long-hauls. So I flew on 20th Sep CPH-FRA-YVR (all LH and with a connecting time of 4h+ ). Only when I land YVR they tell me that my check-in luggage somehow was flying CPH-MUC-YVR and would arrive 5 h later but would anyhow be delivered. Now it has been 72+ hours counting since trying to get my bag. When called, the Lufthansa helpline is saying "bag in the courier, call the baggage courier", whereas the baggage courier is heard saying "OMG" on phone and "I don't know anything" and "refer back to Lufthansa". So nobody is helping or providing any assistance, thus leaving everything to be figured out by the traveller. Also this really sucks as when googling YVR I read news such as "Baggage handlers stealing luggage at Vancouver airport, RCMP says" or "The case of the missing sneakers: $9K worth allegedly stolen from checked airport luggage". Questions I am desperate getting answered are things like: Do you reimburse 50% of the suit/shoes/gear you 100% lost and will you reimburse the phone bill and the hours needed to solve this too? When will this case be declared as lost? Will LH then decide to reimburse 50 % of the ~1400 e of total costs Montreal convention or 50% of the total 2800 e what they seem to say is the Montreal convention or will they reimburse 100% of the 1400e? What to do dear Lurkers? Also in the end i just want to have my gear and stuff.
Dear kkpsir,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you have yet to receive your luggage and communication in regards to the case seems rather scarce. As it sounds like the baggage has arrived in Vancouver, already, and was handed over to the delivering company , we can't promise to do anything in order for you to receive a more specific information in regards to your bag's whereabouts and have local staff look into the delivery process. Please, however, send us the reference number on your loss report per direct message and we'll try to reach out to our Vancouver colleagues.

As for the reimbursement, kindly understand that we can't give you a more specific advice about internal guidelines in addition to information shown on our website. For a clear and individual response, please send your claim to Customer Relations and use the online feedback form. Don't forget to mention the lost bag reference no.

Thanks, Katharina