Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
I am hoping you can tell me where my cancelled bookings have gone. I have 7 in the app but some now say 'Unfortunately your booking could not be found. Please check your entry and re-enter your details'
Any enquiries get the response that I need the ticket number, flight detail etc etc
Lufthansa seem to be making everything as difficult as possible.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:50 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Andy49
I am hoping you can tell me where my cancelled bookings have gone. I have 7 in the app but some now say 'Unfortunately your booking could not be found. Please check your entry and re-enter your details'
Any enquiries get the response that I need the ticket number, flight detail etc etc
Lufthansa seem to be making everything as difficult as possible.
Hello Andy49,
when a booking is cancelled, it can no longer be retrieved via Lufthansa website or the app, as it's no longer active. If you have cancelled it already, this is probably the reason why you can't access it. This shouldn't be a problem, though, as my colleagues in the Service Center can still access inactive bookings if necessary.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old May 7, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Andy49,
when a booking is cancelled, it can no longer be retrieved via Lufthansa website or the app, as it's no longer active. If you have cancelled it already, this is probably the reason why you can't access it. This shouldn't be a problem, though, as my colleagues in the Service Center can still access inactive bookings if necessary.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Thanks for the reply, sorry but another question, my wife has phoned the Bangkok office to request a refund but has been told to phone again after many excuses each time. Today she was told it is only possible to request a refund by email to [email protected]

Please can you tell me what should we do to request a refund as the official advice of phoning the customer service number is not getting is anywhere, thank you.
Old May 11, 2020, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Andy49
Thanks for the reply, sorry but another question, my wife has phoned the Bangkok office to request a refund but has been told to phone again after many excuses each time. Today she was told it is only possible to request a refund by email to [email protected]

Please can you tell me what should we do to request a refund as the official advice of phoning the customer service number is not getting is anywhere, thank you.

Hello Andy49,
I'm sorry for the back and forth on the phone. Usually, my colleagues in the Service Center should be able to initiate the refund for you when you call them. However, if they insist that you need to send an email, then I recommend that you do so.
Kind regards
Jens
Old May 11, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Hi LH rep,

Our request for refund was submitted April 23 due to LH cancelling our flights. When approximately will the refund be completed?

Thank you
Old May 12, 2020, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Hi LH rep,

Our request for refund was submitted April 23 due to LH cancelling our flights. When approximately will the refund be completed?

Thank you

Hello djjaguar64,
I'm sorry that you didn't receive your refund yet. I'm not able to provide you with a time frame, but refunds will be processed as soon as possible.
Kind regards
Jens
Old May 12, 2020, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Hello djjaguar64,
I'm sorry that you didn't receive your refund yet. I'm not able to provide you with a time frame, but refunds will be processed as soon as possible.
Kind regards
Jens
Thank you kindly
Old May 12, 2020, 11:46 am

When will the June flights timetable be published? The May 8 press release said that "Further details of the 'June flight schedule' will be published in the course of the coming week." But so far, all that's come out has been regarding European destinations.

Thank you.
Old May 13, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: LH SEN
Hello djjaguar64,
Kind regards
Jens
Isn't the actual status that you are not processing any refunds at all?

In a desperate attempt to preserve liquidity and pretend your not insolvent, you're not actually processing any refunds?

What compensation will your customers be receiving for your breach of the EU261 rules that requires refunds in 7 days?
flyerwma, kttosia and ichigen like this.
Old May 13, 2020, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by flyerwma
When will the June flights timetable be published? The May 8 press release said that "Further details of the 'June flight schedule' will be published in the course of the coming week." But so far, all that's come out has been regarding European destinations.

Thank you.

Hello flyerwma,

the flight timetable for June will be published this week. I cannot give you the exact time.

Best regards,
Sascha
Old May 13, 2020, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by supine
Isn't the actual status that you are not processing any refunds at all?

In a desperate attempt to preserve liquidity and pretend your not insolvent, you're not actually processing any refunds?

What compensation will your customers be receiving for your breach of the EU261 rules that requires refunds in 7 days?

Hello supine,

kindly contact Customer Relations for further information regarding compensations.

Best regards,
Sascha
Old May 14, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: LH Senator
LH voucher conditions contradict EU Commission recommandation

Dear LH

are you actually aware of this Commission recommendation on vouchers offered to passengers and travellers as an alternative to reimbursement for cancelled package travel and transport services in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic ( 13.5.2020 C(2020) 3125 final) ? https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info...ouchers_en.pdf

Recommended characteristics of vouchers

3. Vouchers should have a minimum validity period of 12 months. Subject to point 5, carriers and organisers should automatically reimburse the amount of the voucher concerned to the passenger or traveller at the latest 14 days after the end of its validity period, if the voucher has not been redeemed. This also applies to the reimbursement of the remaining amount of the voucher concerned in the case of previous partial redemption.

Contrary to this recommendation, your website says https://lufthansa.flightvoucher.com/terms-of-use :

4. Flight booking and redemption of the FlightVoucher The FlightVoucher and potential residual values expire after its redemption.

5. Refunds The refund or cash withdrawal of the FlightVoucher is excluded.

So if I understand well I can only buy one ticket because the remaining value of the voucher is forfeited in favour of LH?

I had a business class ticket to a destination I do not wish to visit at the moment. I would be perfectly happy to accept a voucher if I could use if for 2-3 flights. But I am not happy to donate my hard earned money to LH.

So finally I will need to ask for a FULL REIMBURSEMENT, just because LH is greedy. Are you sure your approach is sustainable? Please pass this message to LH management.

For example, polish LOT offers second voucher if there is some value left from the first redemption…

Best regards
Old May 15, 2020, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by kttosia
Dear LH

are you actually aware of this Commission recommendation on vouchers offered to passengers and travellers as an alternative to reimbursement for cancelled package travel and transport services in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic ( 13.5.2020 C(2020) 3125 final) ? https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info...ouchers_en.pdf

Recommended characteristics of vouchers

3. Vouchers should have a minimum validity period of 12 months. Subject to point 5, carriers and organisers should automatically reimburse the amount of the voucher concerned to the passenger or traveller at the latest 14 days after the end of its validity period, if the voucher has not been redeemed. This also applies to the reimbursement of the remaining amount of the voucher concerned in the case of previous partial redemption.

Contrary to this recommendation, your website says https://lufthansa.flightvoucher.com/terms-of-use :

4. Flight booking and redemption of the FlightVoucher The FlightVoucher and potential residual values expire after its redemption.

5. Refunds The refund or cash withdrawal of the FlightVoucher is excluded.

So if I understand well I can only buy one ticket because the remaining value of the voucher is forfeited in favour of LH?

I had a business class ticket to a destination I do not wish to visit at the moment. I would be perfectly happy to accept a voucher if I could use if for 2-3 flights. But I am not happy to donate my hard earned money to LH.

So finally I will need to ask for a FULL REIMBURSEMENT, just because LH is greedy. Are you sure your approach is sustainable? Please pass this message to LH management.

For example, polish LOT offers second voucher if there is some value left from the first redemption…

Best regards

Hello, Kttosia,

the voucher can be used like the original flight booking for a one-way, return or open jaw flight. A change of route is possible. If you wish to make a complaint about the voucher conditions, please send it directly to Customer Relations.

Best regards,
Sascha

Last edited by LufthansaGermanAirlines; May 18, 2020 at 1:29 am
Old May 22, 2020, 6:06 am

Hi,

I just called the LH Senator line to submit a refund request for a cancelled mile flight coming up in June. I had an English speaking rep, and she asked for 3 digits from my PIN, then paused, said "Oh it didn't seem to work", then said let's try again and then conveniently asked for 3 different digits which meant she then had my whole PIN. I instantly thought this is not right, but let her submit my refund request and was going to stay on the line to submit the survey but she would not disconnect her line. So I eventually hung up, promptly changed my PIN, and now I don't know how to submit a case for someone to look into this...definitely suspicious.

Thank you!
Old May 25, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
Dear LH,

Is there any information available on when lounges will be reopening, at least in FRA or MUC, especially now that restaurants are now open across Germany? I am reluctant to book a business class flight before the lounges are open again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.