Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear vinosity,

I'm sorry to hear of your situation and regret the problems caused by various airlines' cancellations and reduced flight operation. I just as much regret the back and forth discussing your options with the Service Center. Nevertheless, you might understand that the ongoing pandemic is just as challenging for us and it still proves quite difficult to provide stranded passengers with flight alternatives, given the fact that a lot of (partner-)airlines cancelled established routings and code-share connections. If you've been inaccurately offered a rebooking and we had to step back from initial offer, that's quite unfortunate and most definitely disappointing. However, I'd rather view it as my Service Center colleagues owning up to a mistake. Nevertheless, I understand that you've came to an agreement after all and will be able to use your return flight from Sao Paulo next week. Let me remind you that you have the possibility to forward any feedback and request for reimbursement to Customer Relations after arrival at your final destination. Colleagues there will then look into their options. I wish you a safe return flight and, once more, apologize for the caused upset. Maybe you will give us the chance to make up for it at some point later in the future.

Best regards,
Katharina
Katharina,

I very much appreciate the time you have taken to respond to my posts. I do fully understand the issues being caused with the pandemic, my objection has always been to the inconsistency of treatment afforded to me by Lufthansa customer services.

It is not the concern of the customer to be involved in the mechanics of any business, including that of airlines. However, it is always important that both parties act with informed honesty and integrity. In this instance, Lufthansa customer services have proved themselves to be uniformed (such as 4 times offering a leg with an airline that Lufthansa did not have and interline agreement with; mechanics); lack of integrity, in failing to honour flight changes when previously agree; and a lack of honesty, by claiming that I had agreed to something when I most certainly had not.

I am currently in exactly the same position that I was in earlier this month, where I theoretically have an agreed flight out of GRU, if I can make my own way to the airport. The last time, when I called to find out why I could not select seats, I was told that I would have to pay around Ł3000 to be reticketed as the fares had changed. This is again mechanics; this is no concern of mine.

None of these issues would have arisen if, after Lufthansa customer services admitting to and explaining the non-interline issue (after the third time they tried to book that leg), would have stuck to the agreement that was made with me about making my own way to GRU.

So, forgive me if I am still very wary of my real and implied contract with Lufthansa; and I will remain so until they actually deliver me to my destination, which has been promised multiple times.
I will certainly be contacting customer services once I reach my destination, to seek redress. I am confident we can agree to a mutually acceptable solution.

Once again, I really do appreciate the time you have taken to respond to my posts.

All the best.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:07 am

Dear LH Lurker,

I have submitted a damaged baggage claim in early July and have a Feedback ID number. Customer Relations was very responsive (24-36 hours) during the initial several days, but since I submitted the requested receipts via email I have heard nothing and they refuse to respond to my requests for a status update via email. It appears not to be possible to contact this department by telephone. How can I get a status update on this topic?

Thank you.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:19 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Dear LH Lurker,

I have submitted a damaged baggage claim in early July and have a Feedback ID number. Customer Relations was very responsive (24-36 hours) during the initial several days, but since I submitted the requested receipts via email I have heard nothing and they refuse to respond to my requests for a status update via email. It appears not to be possible to contact this department by telephone. How can I get a status update on this topic?

Thank you.
Dear YYCCL3,

I'm sorry to hear that it proves as difficult to get back in touch with Customer Relations for the final handling of your case, causing a longer than expected waiting time for the reimbursement. Please send us the Feedback ID via DM and we will follow up on the current status of your claim on your behalf. Thanks!

Best, Katharina
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:01 pm

Dear vinosity,

I'm sorry to hear of your situation and regret the problems caused by various airlines' cancellations and reduced flight operation. I just as much regret the back and forth discussing your options with the Service Center. Nevertheless, you might understand that the ongoing pandemic is just as challenging for us and it still proves quite difficult to provide stranded passengers with flight alternatives, given the fact that a lot of (partner-)airlines cancelled established routings and code-share connections. If you've been inaccurately offered a rebooking and we had to step back from initial offer, that's quite unfortunate and most definitely disappointing. However, I'd rather view it as my Service Center colleagues owning up to a mistake. Nevertheless, I understand that you've came to an agreement after all and will be able to use your return flight from Sao Paulo next week. Let me remind you that you have the possibility to forward any feedback and request for reimbursement to Customer Relations after arrival at your final destination. Colleagues there will then look into their options. I wish you a safe return flight and, once more, apologize for the caused upset. Maybe you will give us the chance to make up for it at some point later in the future.

Best regards,
Katharina
Katharina,

I called up customer services on Saturday to ask why I couldn't reserve a seat in advance; being on a business fare, I should be able to do this. Talked to someone from the Canadian service desk, who was able to seat me. I also confirmed with her that I was definitely ticketed from GRU, and could go ahead and book my own way there.

This evening, on the eve of my flight, sitting in Santa Cruz, where I have just arrived from TJA, I found I could not check in online, so phoned the main service desk, to be told I had not been ticketed.

I have been told that I need to now call the UK desk to sort this out. I need to be at VVI in less than 11 hours to catch a flight to GRU for a Lufthansa flight I may or may not be able to get.

This is quite frankly, absolutely atrocious.

I have moved from a safe place, spending a lot of my own money, to take up an offer that was repeatedly agreed to be honoured by Lufthansa; and then repeatedly not fulfilled. I am potentially heading to one of the most dangerous places in the world with regards to this pandemic, and I will be doing it because Lufthansa have asked me to be there.

Now, after the current call to the UK number, I am being asked to have faith that my ticket from GRU-FRA-MAN for Friday October 2 will be issued correctly. I need to wait one to two hours, and they will issue a ticket with a different number.

This should not be happening.

I am not sure how I can give a chance to Lufthansa to make it up to me at some point in the future, when they cannot even get it right now.

Last edited by vinosity; Oct 1, 2020 at 8:59 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:56 am

Dear YYCCL3,

I'm sorry to hear that it proves as difficult to get back in touch with Customer Relations for the final handling of your case, causing a longer than expected waiting time for the reimbursement. Please send us the Feedback ID via DM and we will follow up on the current status of your claim on your behalf. Thanks!

Best, Katharina
Thank you Katharina. I'm happy to report that I have reached a satisfactory conclusion to this matter.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Thank you Katharina. I'm happy to report that I have reached a satisfactory conclusion to this matter.
That is great news! Thanks for sharing, much appreciated!

Best regards,
Katharina
Old Nov 16, 2020, 2:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
as mentioned here: M&M bookings with canadian airport

It seems the Canadian airports have vanished (again) from M&M. Can you ask your colleagues to look into this?

Regards Oliver

Old Nov 17, 2020, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
as mentioned here: M&M bookings with canadian airport

It seems the Canadian airports have vanished (again) from M&M. Can you ask your colleagues to look into this?

Regards Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I have forwarded your post to our Miles & More colleagues, the problem is already known and will be fixed soon. According to my colleagues, the code YTO will work instead of YYZ, but there are still issues with the other Canadian airports, unfortunately.

Best regards,
Markus
Old Nov 25, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: LH SEN
Good morning lurkers

I'd like to make a suggestion for the Mileage Pooling page https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...e-pooling.html

Right now I can only see the miles being contributed to the pool from each person's account.

It would be great if there was some indication of when any miles for that person are at risk of expiring. If we want that information right now we need to log into each account individually and check, which for a family of six is frustrating.

E.g. something like this...

cheers
Martin
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by supine
Good morning lurkers

I'd like to make a suggestion for the Mileage Pooling page https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...e-pooling.html

Right now I can only see the miles being contributed to the pool from each person's account.

It would be great if there was some indication of when any miles for that person are at risk of expiring. If we want that information right now we need to log into each account individually and check, which for a family of six is frustrating.

E.g. something like this...

cheers
Martin
Hello Martin,

thanks for the suggestion, I have forwarded it to the Miles & More Development Team.

Best regards,

Markus
supine likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:43 pm

Lufthansa Refunded Our Tickets and Now Wants DOUBLE Price to Rebook SAME FLIGHTS

Dear All,

I am not sure what to do at this point so thought I'd reach out to this forum to see if anyone has any advice. We booked our international flights in November 2020 (have a booking confirmation/paid/etc.). Out of the blue, this week we see that our flights were refunded on our credit card. Upon calling Lufthansa, they say that because they were refunded they cannot help us - that we must rebook at the current rates and they have no idea why our flights were refunded (the same exact flights are all still selling tickets - they have not been cancelled). Current rates are double what we paid in November. I have called numerous times to rectify this situation (both US Customer Service and German Customer Service), I have emailed their Customer Service....we have gotten no information (most times the customer service hangs up on us). We feel hostage to a system here. We did not call to revise these flights or ask for a cancellation - it was just done out of the blue. We were not given notice that this was happening or given an opportunity to discuss prior to their refunding our tickets. Has anyone had this happen? What recourse did you have? There are absolutely NO phone numbers or information for different departments to call within Lufthansa that I can find anywhere for actual help....I feel like we are spinning in circles. Thank you in advance if you have any advice on how we can get our tickets rebooked - the ones that we never wanted refunded in the first place!
Old Feb 19, 2021, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by amyfriedman
Dear All,

I am not sure what to do at this point so thought I'd reach out to this forum to see if anyone has any advice. We booked our international flights in November 2020 (have a booking confirmation/paid/etc.). Out of the blue, this week we see that our flights were refunded on our credit card. Upon calling Lufthansa, they say that because they were refunded they cannot help us - that we must rebook at the current rates and they have no idea why our flights were refunded (the same exact flights are all still selling tickets - they have not been cancelled). Current rates are double what we paid in November. I have called numerous times to rectify this situation (both US Customer Service and German Customer Service), I have emailed their Customer Service....we have gotten no information (most times the customer service hangs up on us). We feel hostage to a system here. We did not call to revise these flights or ask for a cancellation - it was just done out of the blue. We were not given notice that this was happening or given an opportunity to discuss prior to their refunding our tickets. Has anyone had this happen? What recourse did you have? There are absolutely NO phone numbers or information for different departments to call within Lufthansa that I can find anywhere for actual help....I feel like we are spinning in circles. Thank you in advance if you have any advice on how we can get our tickets rebooked - the ones that we never wanted refunded in the first place!
Hi Amy,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation! Just like you, I feel surprised that your flights were cancelled out of nothing and refunded right away. Generally, this does not happen without customer consent. Furthermore, I regret that none of my Service Center colleagues was able to shed some light on the issue and you not only feel left hanging without any sort of assistance but without a flight itinerary, as well. I can't promise and am not sure yet as for whether we can do anything to help here. However, please send us the booking code or ticket number(s) along with the passenger name(s) per private message and we'll internally try to find out what happened.

Best,
Katharina
Old Feb 19, 2021, 1:39 pm

Please Confirm you Received Private Message

Katharina -

Thank you - I just sent you a private message. Please confirm you received it. I have never "private messaged" anyone on this forum before and want to ensure you received in order to possibly find resolution of the issue. Thank you.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by amyfriedman
Katharina -

Thank you - I just sent you a private message. Please confirm you received it. I have never "private messaged" anyone on this forum before and want to ensure you received in order to possibly find resolution of the issue. Thank you.
Hi Amy,

thanks, yes! We have received your message with the booking data and just responded there more detailled.

Best regards,
Katharina
Old Mar 21, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Denied boarding for flight to transit Germany

Hello Lurkers,

Today I was scheduled to fly GOT-FRA. My car is parked at FRA and my intention was to immediately proceed from FRA by car home to Luxembourg (had all evidence thereof).

According to the info in ReOpen Europe entering Germany from Sweden for the sole purpose of transit through the shortest route (including by road) is not subject to any mandatory COVID test as long as one has evidence of onward travel. My wife; travelling BUD to FRA to then continue by train had no issues boarding even though HU has the same risk classification as Sweden. Despite this I was denied boarding by your outstation agents here in Gothenburg who curtly said "Lufthansa told us to deny boarding". I am sending you this message on private message too with the booking ref.

Could you please shed some ligth as I already spent 1 hour on the line but did not get a response (and have of course emailed; but you know as well as me that it takes 4 weeks to receive a response).

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.