Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 6:33 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by shady
Dear Lurkers,

is there any update on this matter? The M&M page is still useless.

Hello shady,
I'm sorry if you're still facing problems with the Miles & More homepage. We have already forwarded a lot of feedback regarding technical issues. In case you need any assistance with a booking, please feel free to call my colleagues of Miles & More directly and they will be able to assist you with your enquiry.
Jens
Old May 5, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Hello LH,

I've called Miles and More / LH reservations 6 times now. The seat reservation for a SEN's companion on an intercontinental Lufthansa CityLine intercontinental flight keeps dropping out of the system about 4 or 5 days after making the seat reservation. I am not being informed, I am having to find out myself by repeatedly logging in and checking.

Neither Miles&More or LH reservations call center can explain why it's happening or how to prevent it. There is no change in equipment involved. Each time it drops there is, of course, a risk this seat will be taken instead by a different flyer.

This is a stated benefit which is not being fulfilled.

Seat reservations for HON Circle Members and Senators

Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators may reserve their seats in advance free of charge, regardless of their travel class. This excludes Light fare bookings in Economy Class on flights within Europe.

A fee will be charged for seat reservations with more legroom for HON Circle Members and Senators in Classic and Flex Economy Class on flights within Europe.

On intercontinental flights, seat reservations for Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators as well as up to 3 of their companions are free of charge in all travel classes and for all seats.

Conditions for seat reservations

The flight is operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional (Air Dolomiti, Lufthansa CityLine) or by Lufthansa Express Rail (DB).
The flight reservation is confirmed (no waiting list bookings).
The seat is reserved no later than 48 hours before departure.
SEN should not have to check the booking every 5 days to find out if today is the day that it drops again for no conceivable reason.

Is this a known issue in general?

Last edited by Grog; May 5, 2017 at 8:34 am
Old May 5, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
Hi! any chance of finding out what amenity kit is available on a Business class flight from Panama to Frankfurt in may, usually I have come to see that what is available in one region isnt available in another... the latin american / central american region usually get the cheapest of the cheapest if anything at all.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by kbrauneis
Hi! any chance of finding out what amenity kit is available on a Business class flight from Panama to Frankfurt in may, usually I have come to see that what is available in one region isnt available in another... the latin american / central american region usually get the cheapest of the cheapest if anything at all.
It is likely to be the cheap Jil Sander in C regardless of route.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
THanks! was afraid of that but its better than nothing.
Originally Posted by MichielR
It is likely to be the cheap Jil Sander in C regardless of route.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Grog
Hello LH,

I've called Miles and More / LH reservations 6 times now. The seat reservation for a SEN's companion on an intercontinental Lufthansa CityLine intercontinental flight keeps dropping out of the system about 4 or 5 days after making the seat reservation. I am not being informed, I am having to find out myself by repeatedly logging in and checking.

Neither Miles&More or LH reservations call center can explain why it's happening or how to prevent it. There is no change in equipment involved. Each time it drops there is, of course, a risk this seat will be taken instead by a different flyer.

SEN should not have to check the booking every 5 days to find out if today is the day that it drops again for no conceivable reason.

Hi Grog,
I've forwarded your description to our Technical Support team to see if it's a known problem.
Vanessa
Old May 8, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by kbrauneis
Hi kbrauneis,
I' m still waiting for the responsible department's reply. I'll let get back to you as soon as I know more.
Vanessa
Old May 8, 2017, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by htb
Dear Vanessa,

I believe you may have missed my point. I don't consider this a "goodwill procedure". It's really disappointing that these reports about the "Senator Premium Award not being available even seats are available for sale" continue to surface even years after the Senator Premium Awards have been introduced. And now the "solution" to the problem seems to be to "change the wording" to create a larger "grey area" to hide behind.

My recommendation: either have clear conditions (like now) and follow them (not like now), or just forget about the Senator Premium Award since it causes disappointment and destroys trust.

HTB.

Hi htb,
the German wording on Miles & More's website has now been adjusted, all other language versions will be changed as soon as possible.
Vanessa
Old May 8, 2017, 8:56 am

Hello LH,

Hello Grog,
we received the feedback that the problem that you’re facing is not known yet. The best would be that you call our technical support (http://bit.ly/1RLQ4Vj) with more details (e.g. booking code) and they will have a look into it.
Jens
Old May 8, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Grog,
we received the feedback that the problem that you’re facing is not known yet. The best would be that you call our technical support (http://bit.ly/1RLQ4Vj) with more details (e.g. booking code) and they will have a look into it.
Jens
Thank you.

Although it makes me wonder why this issue wasn't elevated during one of the 5 previous calls.

FYI, possibly I overlooked it, but I see no telephone entries for technical support nor a way to drill out to technical support using that link. Google provided me this: https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002
Old May 9, 2017, 9:04 am

Thank you.

Although it makes me wonder why this issue wasn't elevated during one of the 5 previous calls.

FYI, possibly I overlooked it, but I see no telephone entries for technical support nor a way to drill out to technical support using that link. Google provided me this: https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002

Hello Grog,

you will find the number for our Technical Support if you click on "Help with lufthansa.com"
(http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Help-...contacts-pane2).

Melek
Old May 9, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Grog,

you will find the number for our Technical Support if you click on "Help with lufthansa.com"
(http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Help-...contacts-pane2).

Melek
Thank you. I'm sorry, but I cannot imagine anyone in this situation ever looking there because the issue isn't exclusive to lufthansa.com.

The issue is the storage and dropping of seat reservations system-wide. Even if I never visited lufthansa.com (only making the seat reservation via telephone and then either calling in again or only using the LH app), the seat reservation would still be gone from the central system.

In any case, Tech Support could offer no insight, instructing me to keep an eye on my own seat reservation (so it's my job to do it? ) while the issue is elevated higher.

But again, thank you for your effort.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Had to call the US call center and the hold music and ads are annoying. Every 10 seconds "We appreciate your patience, your call will be answered by the first available sales agent" That comes in in the middle of the ad with a slight pause making me think an agent is picking up...

Worst hold music...
Old May 15, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Had to call the US call center and the hold music and ads are annoying. Every 10 seconds "We appreciate your patience, your call will be answered by the first available sales agent" That comes in in the middle of the ad with a slight pause making me think an agent is picking up...

Worst hold music...

Hi miamiflyer8,
thank you for your feedback. I will let the responsible department know that you don't like the music and ads.
Vanessa
Old May 15, 2017, 7:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Since we are on the topic, dear lurkers: M&M Mastercard (DKB in Passau?) still uses 'Symphony of Angels' by White Light in the original version as hold music. Its fun to listen to and reminds of calling LH GTS in the early 2000s to book tickets over the phone... which were later mailed to me on OTB paper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.