Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
HA! with that ammount of miles and that kind of service kinda lets you know how important you are to them. I would start looking at alternatives. BTW if you dont have anything to spend those miles on ... I have my eye on a pair of Bose Q35 headphones. silver or black... im not picky!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:51 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by fra_muc
Dear Lurkers -

I was trying to upgrade from Premium Economy to a Business class using a eVoucher. When that did not clear after four weeks, I did contact the call center and wanted to book a Senator Premium Award.

When the miles & more website sates that "the Senator Premium Award allows you, to book any seat still for sale, one to six months prior to departure", this also did not go through. The agent could not tell me why - or whether this would be possible on one of the flights the following day. Comment "I read in the handbook, it should, but I cannot do anything, the system denies the booking".

And of course, I do not even get a record of the conversation, I am afraid that when I call next time they are goiing to tell me that the "one month prior to departure".

So, I am sitting on 3,8 million miles; plus eVouchers (plus, a few years back LH cancelled 12 eVouchers, given they were equally useless and never got me any upgrade).

Is there just about anyone in LH or MM who can tell me if and how I could upgrade?

Thank you.

Hi fra_muc,

We have addressed this topic again with our colleagues at Miles & More. It is not the first time that the colleagues receive feedback regarding difficulties occurring with the Senator Premium Award.

Whereas SPA awards are concerned: booking and upgrade requests mostly concentrate on flights where there´s little capacity left, so that these requests are often denied by the department in charge of the seat capacity utilisation management. As a consequence, the colleagues at Miles & More are rethinking the SPA process and also reviewing how a higher booking priority can be guaranteed. In order to implement this, they will need some more time as they are also currently verifying the automation of the whole process.
On miles-and-more.com, the wording in regards to the Senator Premium Award will be adapted.

Regards, Maria
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: LH-SEN, BA-G, HH-Diamond, PC-Diamond, Marriot-G
Thank you for the Feedback

First: thank you for the open feedback. This is however not the answer I had hoped for.

What I was hoping for is a possibility to actually book an upgrade, not just more comprehensible wording that explains that I cannot.

By definition, a SPA would concentrate on 'high demand' segments; else, there is no point introducing it. If LH does not allow additional capacity for it, it is a marketing fiction with no substance, I am afraid.

I appears that the SPA then goes the way of the "status stars".

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi fra_muc,

We have addressed this topic again with our colleagues at Miles & More. It is not the first time that the colleagues receive feedback regarding difficulties occurring with the Senator Premium Award.

Whereas SPA awards are concerned: booking and upgrade requests mostly concentrate on flights where there´s little capacity left, so that these requests are often denied by the department in charge of the seat capacity utilisation management. As a consequence, the colleagues at Miles & More are rethinking the SPA process and also reviewing how a higher booking priority can be guaranteed. In order to implement this, they will need some more time as they are also currently verifying the automation of the whole process.
On miles-and-more.com, the wording in regards to the Senator Premium Award will be adapted.

Regards, Maria
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Im having extreme problems with your Australian call centre - every year they have sold me a half Lufthansa DRFAU/half Swiss DRFAU fare and again this year they say its impossible to issue Lufthansa tickets with Swiss sectors - this is in direct contradisction to your advertising on combineable Lufthansa Gruppe airfares which is available on http://lufthansaexperts.com and also in GDS Your Melbourne ticketing office rejected my reservation for ticketing and I received a call back from your Phillipines/Manila call centre which now services Australia. All they do is tell me to call the Swiss Australia call centre who do not issue tickets so this will be useless Last year I had the same thing and finally I received special assistance from your now defunct Melbourne,Australia call centre All I want is my ticket issued so I can apply some upgrades with my United Globals and my Lufthansa Evouchers PLEASE HELP!!

 Delete this message

15h 15 hours ago

Sent

Lufthansa

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing with the ticket issue. Unfortunately, we don't have access to the reservation and ticketing system here on Twitter and therefore we're unable to assist you with your enquiry. Please stay in touch with my colleagues with my colleagues in the Service Center / Senator hotline. /Ted

15h 15 hours ago
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:37 am

[redirected from the newbie section] Help for accidental cancellation

Hello there. I was trying to rebook my return flight on LH online. I could not find the rebook button so I clicked on the cancel button. After that I was notified that my return flight is cancelled. I called the service centre and I realised I will not get any refund for my ticket.

I mean I was stupid in click that button but as soon as I realised my flight was cancel I was calling everywhere trying to reverse the decision. I know calling the general service centre is not gonna help. What can I do?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Walker Au
Hello there. I was trying to rebook my return flight on LH online. I could not find the rebook button so I clicked on the cancel button. After that I was notified that my return flight is cancelled. I called the service centre and I realised I will not get any refund for my ticket.

I mean I was stupid in click that button but as soon as I realised my flight was cancel I was calling everywhere trying to reverse the decision. I know calling the general service centre is not gonna help. What can I do?
Dear Walker Au, I'm afraid that I’m unable to assist in this matter. My colleagues from the Technical Support are the correct contact to enquire about the reversal of the cancellation, since the process was carried out online. Best regards, Isabell
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
trying to book and award using your new and 'improved' online booking tool I came across this:

View Screen Capture

I'm sure its well meant, but the contractor/designer you use(d) to build this extra baggage cost advice feature probably thought people only book economy awards. Can you add this error to the pile of tickets?

PS: Don't know where to start on how bad the new booking interface is, especially the part where you cannot change the search parameters. Whoever designed/implemented/tested the new interface has hopefully been transferred to be a ramp agent in CCS.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
Im having extreme problems with your Australian call centre - every year they have sold me a half Lufthansa DRFAU/half Swiss DRFAU fare and again this year they say its impossible to issue Lufthansa tickets with Swiss sectors - this is in direct contradisction to your advertising on combineable Lufthansa Gruppe airfares which is available on http://lufthansaexperts.com and also in GDS Your Melbourne ticketing office rejected my reservation for ticketing and I received a call back from your Phillipines/Manila call centre which now services Australia. All they do is tell me to call the Swiss Australia call centre who do not issue tickets so this will be useless Last year I had the same thing and finally I received special assistance from your now defunct Melbourne,Australia call centre All I want is my ticket issued so I can apply some upgrades with my United Globals and my Lufthansa Evouchers PLEASE HELP!!

 Delete this message

15h 15 hours ago

Sent

Lufthansa

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing with the ticket issue. Unfortunately, we don't have access to the reservation and ticketing system here on Twitter and therefore we're unable to assist you with your enquiry. Please stay in touch with my colleagues with my colleagues in the Service Center / Senator hotline. /Ted

15h 15 hours ago

Hello cbourl,
you have already quoted the answer that you received on Facebook. I'm sorry, but there nothing else that I can tell you here in this forum regarding your enquiry.
Jens
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
trying to book and award using your new and 'improved' online booking tool I came across this:

View Screen Capture

I'm sure its well meant, but the contractor/designer you use(d) to build this extra baggage cost advice feature probably thought people only book economy awards. Can you add this error to the pile of tickets?

PS: Don't know where to start on how bad the new booking interface is, especially the part where you cannot change the search parameters. Whoever designed/implemented/tested the new interface has hopefully been transferred to be a ramp agent in CCS.

Hello oliver2002,

I have forwarded your post to my colleagues from Miles & More. Hopefully all these ailments can be eliminated with an update.

Best regards, Isabell
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Hello cbourl,
you have already quoted the answer that you received on Facebook. I'm sorry, but there nothing else that I can tell you here in this forum regarding your enquiry.
Jens
Gruesse Jens
Managed to issue my ticket directly with Lufthansa staff in Sydney rather than a call centre so no problems on a half Swiss half LX fare Ticket issued and 2 hours later applied an upgrade with 2 evouchers Swiss confirmed upgrade to First immediately. Always love flying Swiss and those fantastic lounges at E Gates and great lounges at A Gates make Zuerich a seamless transfer point great for the day trip downtown in transit and worth a few days to visit and imbibe the Swissness and fresh air!
Thanks Swiss
And just to let you know Swiss seating assignment on Swiss.com works perfectly for LX flights whereas on LH.com seating assignment is not possible for any airline let along Lufthansa! I had to call Senator line in DE to assign seats The older version of LH.COM and Milesandmore.com recognized Sen status and allowed seat assignments in preferred C seats even with non-SEN status
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:24 am

Addition :
Ticket issued can assign seats on Swiss.com for LX flights
LH.com does not show any option for seat assignment Call centre in US cant assign Senator preferred seats in C DE Senator call centre can
Why is lH.com still broken?
Interestingly a separate booking with UAmiles TLV-ZRH-MXP allows seating assignment on LH.com and all flights are on LX! Go figure
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:20 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum

Regards, Maria
While the wording is not "adapted": is it possible to just book the flight with cash and later ask (or sue) LH to reimburse the cost of the flight and charge miles instead? I'm wondering: isn't LH in clear breach of contract already for years on end?

HTB.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by htb
While the wording is not "adapted": is it possible to just book the flight with cash and later ask (or sue) LH to reimburse the cost of the flight and charge miles instead? I'm wondering: isn't LH in clear breach of contract already for years on end?

HTB.
Hi htb,
I'm not aware of any goodwill procedures of Miles & More regarding this situation. I recommend you contact Miles & More directly.
Vanessa
Old May 2, 2017, 6:28 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Hi htb,
I'm not aware of any goodwill procedures of Miles & More regarding this situation. I recommend you contact Miles & More directly.
Vanessa
Dear Vanessa,

I believe you may have missed my point. I don't consider this a "goodwill procedure". It's really disappointing that these reports about the "Senator Premium Award not being available even seats are available for sale" continue to surface even years after the Senator Premium Awards have been introduced. And now the "solution" to the problem seems to be to "change the wording" to create a larger "grey area" to hide behind.

My recommendation: either have clear conditions (like now) and follow them (not like now), or just forget about the Senator Premium Award since it causes disappointment and destroys trust.

HTB.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: LH
Hello whiskey_sk,

I can confirm that there have been problems ocurring on the Miles & More website, for instance when customers are trying to access their bookings online via the booking overview in order to edit them.
My colleagues are currently working on this issue and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Regards, Maria
Dear Lurkers,

is there any update on this matter? The M&M page is still useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.