Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:19 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Raffles
Dear lurkers

I need your help please. I have a First Class M&M seat for next month on the 402 to Newark from FRA.

This service has now been downgraded to an all-J premium service with J pax being allowed to sit in F and no F service.

LH did not contact me to tell me about this and it was only by coincidence that I found out about it.

I am trying to get myself rebooked on the morning A380 service to JFK in F. No reward seats are showing but there are no shortage of cash seats. The UK call centre seems incapable of getting RevMan in Frankfurt to release a seat however. I am constantly told that it has been requested and will be confirmed (or denied) within 2 hours but for a number of days now it has sat in limbo.

Is there any way of expediting this? It is not my fault that LH chose to remove F from the 402 after I had booked!

Thanks
Dear Raffles,

as much as I would like to help out here, my hands are tied when it comes to the availability or non-availability of mileage flights. You might have to keep contacting your Miles & More Service Team for this purpose since the chance that someone rebooks or cancels his or her First Class mileage ticket does exist. Should this not be an option for you, may I kindly suggest that you get in touch with my colleagues at Customer Relations - after you took the flight to Frankfurt on LH402 -to see if a compensation is somehow possible?

Fingers crossed!
Maria
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kasi
Hej, interesting experience:
MXP is this airport where SN, OS, LX, LH and 4U have five separate checkin booths and all insist that they have nothing to do with each other and of cause it is technically not possible to checkin with the other airline (which of cause is the case at almost any other Airport in the world). This is all known for long and I m used to wait for hours at the unstaffed LX Counter while Five People at LH checkin are playing with their feet since they have nothing to do. Now comes the interesting new Part of the Customer experience: since most flights from MXP have been converted to 4U now the LH checkin closes in the middle of the day as well as the ticket Counter (probably 4 of the Former 5 staff members now play with their feet at home) AND in addition all LH checkin machines have also been removed from the airport and LH HON Service tells me that both Phone Checkin as well as Mobile Checkin have been disabled for flights originating at MXP. Therefore I should be at 4.40 in the Morning at the checkin desk (without any luggage to be checked) for the latest to simply get Boarding passes for my flights with Lufthansa First class with the first segment starting at 06.40. Now this is what I call convincing customer Service. Thumbs up LH, you are really close to efficiantly scare away your last loyal customers with this new service initiative!
VCE by the way is almost the same- as of last week all checkin machines have been removed. Is there a reason in Italy the checkin machines are being removed (now) from the airports in Northern Italy?

On a separate note still after all these months online checkin crashes repeatedly with Safari and OS X Mavericks.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
VCE by the way is almost the same- as of last week all checkin machines have been removed. Is there a reason in Italy the checkin machines are being removed (now) from the airports in Northern Italy?

On a separate note still after all these months online checkin crashes repeatedly with Safari and OS X Mavericks.
Dear TRAVELSIG, I just forwarded your query to the relevant department. May I kindly ask you for some patience as our contact person is on vacation and will be back by the first week of August.

Best regards, Maria
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by krolpolski
Hello LH Lurker(s):

For our upcoming trip to Paris on June 9, we planned to book via United Airlines as my wife has many frequent flier miles due to her business travel. When we attempted to book our four tickets through United, however, we were happy to learn that we would in fact be flying on Lufthansa, known as one of the better airlines in the world.

My wife spent an hour on the phone with a Lufthansa representative to book three tickets on Flight LH 433 using miles and she purchased one ticket - my ticket. After taking our credit card number we got a confirmation number. And I got a seat number -- 38A -- next to my wife. The airline rep told my wife, "Everything is taken care of," and after getting an email confirmation, we thought it was.

So as I was preparing our trip schedule last week, I asked my wife to check to make sure our flight was still scheduled at the same time and that we still had the same seats. Good thing I didn't take at face value the "Lufthansa flight bookings do not require a reconfirmation after ticket purchase" notice on the e-mail we had received when we booked.

What a two-hour nightmare my wife went through on the telephone. Even after asking to speak with a supervisor, she was told I had no reservation and the flight was full, with no way to get me on the plane. That is until my wife dug out the original e-mail that showed I had a seat booked on the flight. Then, suddenly, there was space. But we had to pay the current price for the seat, twice as much as what it would've cost us if Lufthansa had issued the e-ticket when we had originally booked our flight back in August. ($2795.00 seems like a lot for a coach seat, doesn't it?)

The explanation to my wife was there had been some sort of schedule change with our flight and after Lufthansa allegedly attempted to reach me (we have an answering machine and no calls came in nor any e-mails to my wife) and when they couldn't reach me, my reservation was cancelled. Yes, but if this was the case, why weren't my wife's and two sons' tickets affected? They still have the same seats we originally booked.

And I can't believe that Lufthansa didn't make every effort to reach out to me and now I had to pay an extra $1200 (plus $35 to select a seat I already had reserved - but now in the middle of a row) because of the company's mistake.

Imagine if we hadn't called and had shown up at the airport expecting to leave on the trip of the lifetime?! My family would be off to Paris while I scrambled around the airport to find another flight.

Nevertheless, I will now spend the entire flight sitting (and trying to sleep) next to strangers.

I e-mailed the airline and they responded that they received my e-mail and assigned a Feedback ID number But that's all I've heard from them.

How can I get seated next to my wife and get refunded the additional money we had to pay for a ticket we thought we already reserved and purchased?

Thank you.
I just wanted to thank all our LH Lurkers for all their work on my behalf. Katharina, Vanessa, Sandra, and anyone else I failed to mention, you have my most sincere and appreciative thanks.

I returned Saturday from a wonderful trip to Paris, made even more wonderful by your efforts to get my ticket to Frankfurt charged at the original price it was booked at before being cancelled.

And, I don't know if it was through your efforts (and if it was thanks again!), but upon arriving at the gate I was upgraded to Business Class. (It's just too bad the flight crew couldn't bump my wife up to one of the other empty seats surrounding me)

In any case, thanks once again for all your help on my behalf. Danke schön!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, Eurobonus silver BA bronze Sixt Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle Amex Centurion
Dear LH lurker. I and my wife have serious complaints after our last flight in paid F class. We have received answers from LH complaints department that basically blames somebody else and they have closed the issue, refusing to accept more e-mails about the matter. (We have sent them 4 e-mails.) Since the complaint concerns transfers, and we have a similar flight in paid F upcoming in october, could You please contact me with a personal message?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Rustscheff
Dear LH lurker. I and my wife have serious complaints after our last flight in paid F class. We have received answers from LH complaints department that basically blames somebody else and they have closed the issue, refusing to accept more e-mails about the matter. (We have sent them 4 e-mails.) Since the complaint concerns transfers, and we have a similar flight in paid F upcoming in october, could You please contact me with a personal message?
Hi Rustscheff,
please understand that we don't have any influence on Customer Relations' final decision. But feel free to contact us via DM, I'll see if there's anything we can do to prevent difficulties during your upcoming flight.
Vanessa
Old Jul 12, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
LH reversing mileage credit after posting miles to wrong FF account

I was hit with a 13k mileage reversal on my M&M account for 2013 because LH had posted the miles to my UA account in error. While the original reservation had my UA number in it (booked thru UA website), I had requested at check in to have my UA 1K number being replaced with my LH SEN number. I have boarding cards to proof that...and still LH posted the miles to the wrong account... Since this was done retro actively for 2013, this might will affect my re-qualification of my SEN status thru 2016. What should I do here?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:47 am

Hey,

I was looking at booking a flight on LH and want to be able to rebook my return leg, so I chose economy class 'L', but when I looked at the terms and conditions it says:

"This Economy Basic ticket can be changed against a fee of 208.00 $ (which converts to 120 € at today's exchange rate) if the following conditions are observed:

The new flights are booked 80 days before the start of the new journey"

What does it mean that the new flight must be booked 80 days before the start of the new journey?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Dear LH Lurker,
Forgive me if this question has been asked in the past. I'm going to be flying from FRA-DTW in LH C with my family in a few weeks, connecting to a domestic UA flight on a small aircraft that only has economy. We have a long layover between the two flights, and I'd really like to be able to rest in the LH Lounge at DTW. I saw on the website and in other threads that you need a departing C or F ticket to get into the lounge, but given that my connecting flight has no C or F seating (and I'm flying on a C class ticket), is there any way that LH would allow us access? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Christefan
I was hit with a 13k mileage reversal on my M&M account for 2013 because LH had posted the miles to my UA account in error. While the original reservation had my UA number in it (booked thru UA website), I had requested at check in to have my UA 1K number being replaced with my LH SEN number. I have boarding cards to proof that...and still LH posted the miles to the wrong account... Since this was done retro actively for 2013, this might will affect my re-qualification of my SEN status thru 2016. What should I do here?
Dear Christefan,
I'm sorry to hear that you faced problems with the crediting of miles. If some of these miles were not correctly credited, I recommend that you contact Miles & More directly and ask whether a correction is possible. Usually, once the miles are credited, they can not be transferred to a different mileage program.
Please also keep in mind that for future travels - even if you change your frequent flyer card at check-in - the flight will be credited to the card number originally stored in the booking. To avoid this situation from occurring again, please use the card number of your preferred program already during the booking process.
Jens
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by athcliath
Hey,

I was looking at booking a flight on LH and want to be able to rebook my return leg, so I chose economy class 'L', but when I looked at the terms and conditions it says:

"This Economy Basic ticket can be changed against a fee of 208.00 $ (which converts to 120 € at today's exchange rate) if the following conditions are observed:

The new flights are booked 80 days before the start of the new journey"

What does it mean that the new flight must be booked 80 days before the start of the new journey?
Hello athcliath,
if a fare has as restriction an advanced purchase regulation of 80 days, this means that the ticket must be issued until 80 before departure. The same restriction applies for rebookings before departure. If you have further questions about your fare conditions, please feel free to contact my colleagues in the Service Centre (http://f.lh.com/epfs).
Jens
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Dear LH Lurker,
Forgive me if this question has been asked in the past. I'm going to be flying from FRA-DTW in LH C with my family in a few weeks, connecting to a domestic UA flight on a small aircraft that only has economy. We have a long layover between the two flights, and I'd really like to be able to rest in the LH Lounge at DTW. I saw on the website and in other threads that you need a departing C or F ticket to get into the lounge, but given that my connecting flight has no C or F seating (and I'm flying on a C class ticket), is there any way that LH would allow us access? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Dear whimsey21,
I just forwarded your question and will get back to you as soon
as I have received an answer!
Regards, Maria
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:35 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Please also keep in mind that for future travels - even if you change your frequent flyer card at check-in - the flight will be credited to the card number originally stored in the booking. To avoid this situation from occurring again, please use the card number of your preferred program already during the booking process.
Jens
Jens, this is not correct. The miles will post to the card number provided at checkin or at the gate. Except sometimes. And these cases are clearly due to buggy software.

I also don't think I have ever read that in official communication. I only remember that you should "show your card during check-in" in order to receive the miles.

Is this now official policy of LH that the card entered during the booking process cannot be changed anymore?

HTB.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by htb

Is this now official policy of LH that the card entered during the booking process cannot be changed anymore?
From my personal experience, yes..

If the remaining *A airlines still want the alliance to survive, they should throw that airline acting against *A guidelines out asap. They're just a disgrace for the alliance. They and LOT..
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by htb
Jens, this is not correct. The miles will post to the card number provided at checkin or at the gate. Except sometimes. And these cases are clearly due to buggy software.

I also don't think I have ever read that in official communication. I only remember that you should "show your card during check-in" in order to receive the miles.

HTB.
Dear htb,
what was meant to say in our previous reply was, having a different card stored during the booking process might cause difficulties if you decide to have the miles credited to another program afterwards. Once the flight has been used, the transfer of the mileage credit might prove to be a bit challenging, even if the correct card was presented at the Check-in. But yes, generally, the card presented there will be used for mileage accrual.
Katharina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.