Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Flight routes over Iraq to continue?

Dear LH Lurker,

I'm currently planning a trip to the UAE flying LH (possibly LX on the way out). Now I checked your flight routes between Europe and the Gulf region and found out that you still fly over Iraq. Admittedly, most other international carriers (e.g. BA, AF, EK, EY, QR ...) do the same. However, I found two (TK, VS) who have recently shifted to a routing over eastern Iran.

Are there any plans of the LH group (LH, LX, OS) to change the routes to potentially safer territory, too? I fully understand that Iraqi airspace is open and officially considered safe - but some airlines as well as a French research institute are apparently of a different view ...

Last edited by swiss_global; Jul 24, 2014 at 2:48 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:06 am
Alt

Programs: BD (RIP); BA
over eastern Iran.

Hopefully you mean western Iran otherwise it is a long detour to reach the Persian Gulf

Alt
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
yes, indeed, western Iran ... the airway is only about 30mi from the Iraq border ... apologies
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:30 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by htb
I've just received this in my mailbox:

Please note that we already are nearing the end of July, and I was under the impression that LH, after the last PR fiasco, promised to announce changes a couple of months ahead of time, not a few weeks after they have already become effective.

But my real question: what are the changes? All other companies, small and large, were able to provide a summary of the changes, but LH expects each of their customers to compare the old and the new T&Cs?

Would you mind giving us a summary of the changes? This would safe man-decades, if not even -centuries, of work on your customer's side.

Thanks in advance

HTB.
Hello all,

the Membership Conditions have been in effect since 1 July 2014. As to why these changes have not been announced earlier, Miles & More refers to its Terms & Conditions, in which is stated that “Miles & More reserves the right to make any changes or additions to the Terms & Conditions (…) provided that the member is not thereby disadvantaged in bad faith.” Most of the changes were made to the benefit of our customers.

Also, the changed conditions only apply to new Miles & More members since 1st July, all excisting members have the possibility to submit an objection to the changes within one month (as advised in the email).

Below you find a summary of these changes.

Best regards, Katharina

Primarily, the conditions for participation have been supplemented to include existing but previously unincorporated regulations into the General Terms and Conditions, and specified in more detail.

A new element, the so-called "Select Miles", has been added as a mileage type under sections 2.2.1 and 2.4.1 towards the familiar award, status and HON Circle miles.

Changes have been made to the following sections:

2.2 Account balance
The claim period of two weeks was abolished in favour of our customers.

2.4.5 Award request
An award etix® can be issued up to one working day prior to departure – where technically possible. Previously, it was two working days.

2.4.7 Issuance of award documents
Previously, award certificates could be requested four to six working days prior to departure. With immediate effect, award certificates will be issued seven working days prior to departure at the latest, to ensure that they arrive in time.

3.1.1 Ordinary termination
The ordinary termination by Lufthansa was previously possible with a period of notice of two weeks. This has been changed to four weeks with immediate effect.

3.2.1 Mileage validity in the event of ordinary termination
In the event of ordinary termination by the member, by Lufthansa or a joint operator, the award miles shall remain valid for a period of 12 months (instead of the former period of six months) after receipt of termination, providing the miles are not protected from expiry because of an existing frequent flyer status or an earlier expiry occurs in accordance with section 2.5. With an account balance of 500,000 miles, the validity period shall be 36 months.

3.2.2 Mileage validity in the event of extraordinary termination
Previously, miles were deleted directly after the initiation of termination. With immediate effect the award miles shall remain valid for a period of six months after receipt of termination, providing an earlier expiry does not occur in accordance with section 2.5.

4.4 Modifications to the programme or the terms and conditions
Formerly, an objection could be lodged within six months. This period is now two months.
We hope that our summary clarifies your queries and you see the modifications that have been made to your advantage as yet another good reason to choose Miles & More as your preferred travel partner.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Thx for clarifying the changes. What are select miles? Cheers
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:18 pm

Dear LH Lurker,

Is there any way you can release award space in F for flight 431 from ORD-FRA on 7/28/14? My wife and I would really appreciate being able to try our first F experience on this flight.

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by kasi
Thx for clarifying the changes. What are select miles? Cheers

Hi kasi,
starting later this year, "Miles & More Selections" will be introduced. From then on you will collect Status, Award and Select Miles. Select Miles can be used to redeem additional benefits. Please find more information here:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...873215608&l=en
Vanessa
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by jackal3000
Dear LH Lurker,

Is there any way you can release award space in F for flight 431 from ORD-FRA on 7/28/14? My wife and I would really appreciate being able to try our first F experience on this flight.

Thanks
Hi jackal3000, please kindly contact your responsible Miles & More Service team for Award requests. My colleagues will check availabilties for you and will assist you with a waitlist request if seats can't be confirmed at the moment. Vanessa
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear TRAVELSIG, I just forwarded your query to the relevant department. May I kindly ask you for some patience as our contact person is on vacation and will be back by the first week of August.

Best regards, Maria
Hi- just to follow up on this query as August is now approaching and to add a question- now EN (Air Dolomiti) also has a separate checkin from Lufthansa as of last week. So now at VCE we have completely separate checkins for:
1. Lufthansa
2. Swiss
3. Austrian
4. Brussels
5. Air Dolomiti

In addition to the query on the disappearance completely of any self checkin machines- it would be great to know if the plan is to keep Air Dolomiti with a separate and distinct checkin from Lufthansa at VCE? The whole situation with no communication at all is quite strange really- especially now this is a 2 month long issue.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Hi- just to follow up on this query as August is now approaching and to add a question- now EN (Air Dolomiti) also has a separate checkin from Lufthansa as of last week. So now at VCE we have completely separate checkins for:
1. Lufthansa
2. Swiss
3. Austrian
4. Brussels
5. Air Dolomiti

In addition to the query on the disappearance completely of any self checkin machines- it would be great to know if the plan is to keep Air Dolomiti with a separate and distinct checkin from Lufthansa at VCE? The whole situation with no communication at all is quite strange really- especially now this is a 2 month long issue.
Dear TRAVELSIG,

thank you for your patience! I just forwarded your query again and received the following answer: In Italy, all self check in machines are currently being removed. More and more Lufthansa customers are switching to electronic devices as an alternative check-in option. These passengers check in online through their Smartphones or their computers. Consequently, the "on airport check in" (counter and check in machines) is being replaced by the "off airport check-in options" (online check-in via computer or smartphone)

Another reason for removing these machines is that passengers with checked luggage were forced to stand in queue twice - first at the check in machine to retreive the boarding pass, then at the baggage drop off. With the removal of the check-in machines, a counter for all Economy passengers, who were not able to check in online, has been introduced. In addition, there are baggage drop off desks for already checked in passengers to facilitate and speed up the the procedure of checking in your luggage.

As for your question regarding Air Dolomiti´s check in options, I will get back to you as soon as I receive a reply.

Regards, Maria
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dear TRAVELSIG,

thank you for your patience! I just forwarded your query again and received the following answer: In Italy, all self check in machines are currently being removed. More and more Lufthansa customers are switching to electronic devices as an alternative check-in option. These passengers check in online through their Smartphones or their computers. Consequently, the "on airport check in" (counter and check in machines) is being replaced by the "off airport check-in options" (online check-in via computer or smartphone)

Another reason for removing these machines is that passengers with checked luggage were forced to stand in queue twice - first at the check in machine to retreive the boarding pass, then at the baggage drop off. With the removal of the check-in machines, a counter for all Economy passengers, who were not able to check in online, has been introduced. In addition, there are baggage drop off desks for already checked in passengers to facilitate and speed up the the procedure of checking in your luggage.

As for your question regarding Air Dolomiti´s check in options, I will get back to you as soon as I receive a reply.

Regards, Maria
Thank You Maria for your answer.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Dear LH Lurker,

I'm currently planning a trip to the UAE flying LH (possibly LX on the way out). Now I checked your flight routes between Europe and the Gulf region and found out that you still fly over Iraq. Admittedly, most other international carriers (e.g. BA, AF, EK, EY, QR ...) do the same. However, I found two (TK, VS) who have recently shifted to a routing over eastern Iran.

Are there any plans of the LH group (LH, LX, OS) to change the routes to potentially safer territory, too? I fully understand that Iraqi airspace is open and officially considered safe - but some airlines as well as a French research institute are apparently of a different view ...
This is just a gentle reminder. It's now one week since I posted the question. I would really appreciate a response.

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global
This is just a gentle reminder. It's now one week since I posted the question. I would really appreciate a response.

Thanks.
Hello swiss_global,
the safety of passengers and crews is our highest priority at Lufthansa. We are constantly in touch with the relevant authorities to assess the security situation and adjust our flight paths should this become necessary.
Jens
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Quote:

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG

1. Lufthansa
2. Swiss
3. Austrian
4. Brussels
5. Air Dolomiti

Dear TRAVELSIG,

Regards, Maria
Ok, checkin machines removed due to online-checkin. Then I finally understand why the hotline tells me that online checkin is not working for flights from Italy...
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:33 pm

Dear LH Lurker,

I am shocked by the lack of award availability on Air New Zealand between North America an NZ. I have checked every single AIr NZ flight (between AKL and LAX, SFO, HNL, YVR) for a period of about 8 months (!), starting at the end of September into May.

I have found two or three days where I could fly from North America to NZ - these days happen to be consecutive. I have found one day where I could fly from NZ to North America - but this day is two days before I could even get to NZ. So I can not book a trip NA-NZ-NA.

This is not "limited availability" where M&M members have to be "flexible". It is simply impossible to spend the miles on such an award. How disappointing.

Now, I don't expect you to fix the issue. I simply wanted to provide feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.