FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:28 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear TRAVELSIG,

thank you for your patience! I just forwarded your query again and received the following answer: In Italy, all self check in machines are currently being removed. More and more Lufthansa customers are switching to electronic devices as an alternative check-in option. These passengers check in online through their Smartphones or their computers. Consequently, the "on airport check in" (counter and check in machines) is being replaced by the "off airport check-in options" (online check-in via computer or smartphone)

Another reason for removing these machines is that passengers with checked luggage were forced to stand in queue twice - first at the check in machine to retreive the boarding pass, then at the baggage drop off. With the removal of the check-in machines, a counter for all Economy passengers, who were not able to check in online, has been introduced. In addition, there are baggage drop off desks for already checked in passengers to facilitate and speed up the the procedure of checking in your luggage.

As for your question regarding Air Dolomiti´s check in options, I will get back to you as soon as I receive a reply.

Regards, Maria
Thank You Maria for your answer.