Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:50 am

Hi LH Lurker,

I am flying with my family DFW-FRA on Friday in Economy (L). We are 2 adults, one child (4 yrs), one lap infant (22 months). Baby is too big for the bassinet. What are the chances we might end up next to an empty seat? Anything I could do to increase the chances? We have not confirmed seats yet.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:57 am

Dear LH Lurker

Thank you very much for your quick help. Very much appreciated ^
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:05 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Dear LH Lurker,
could somebody please put the wine list for First for the month of July online?

For the first time in a while, there is no link at the bottom:
http://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/Lufth...-Spitzenkoeche

Thank you!
Hi worldclubber,
Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will forward it to my colleagues.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
@LufthansaGermanAirlines

My question is the following. Let's say I am booked in H class. Conditions included change fee of 130 EUR. If I change the ticket, pay the 130 EUR, and my new ticket is in G or E, does the ticket take on the new refund and change conditions of that fare class?

Hello HeidiInTheAlps,
If you rebook onto a fare with new conditions, the rebooking conditions of the new fare applies. The refund conditions will always remain the same as in the original fare rules.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Jorg1212
Hi LH Lurker,

I am flying with my family DFW-FRA on Friday in Economy (L). We are 2 adults, one child (4 yrs), one lap infant (22 months). Baby is too big for the bassinet. What are the chances we might end up next to an empty seat? Anything I could do to increase the chances? We have not confirmed seats yet.

Hi Jorg1212,
Generally, we can't guarantee that seats will remain available.
The best chance is to ask our Check-in colleagues at the airport if they can adjust your seat reservation in case there is a better option. If this is not possible, you can still ask our Crew if they could help you finding a place with an empty seat for your baby.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello HeidiInTheAlps,
If you rebook onto a fare with new conditions, the rebooking conditions of the new fare applies. The refund conditions will always remain the same as in the original fare rules.
Kind regards,
Heloisa
Thank you. As a follow up, which on line site do you suggest I search for fares in specific classes? On the LH site, they only let you see a few choices of fare classes. It makes it difficult to choose a routing.

Also, what happens when I've booked H, pay the fee, and rebook in H, but the fare of H is 300 EUR less than the H fare I've paid?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Thank you. As a follow up, which on line site do you suggest I search for fares in specific classes? On the LH site, they only let you see a few choices of fare classes. It makes it difficult to choose a routing.

Also, what happens when I've booked H, pay the fee, and rebook in H, but the fare of H is 300 EUR less than the H fare I've paid?
Hello HeidiInTheAlps, I´d recommend to call our Service Center (http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=en&cid=18002). My colleagues will gladly assist you if you search for a specific class to book.
In case your originally booked H class fare is a flexible fare and the fare price would become lower after rebooking, you will receive the fare difference back to your original form of payment. However, if your H fare is restricted this is not the case. Regards, Melek
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Dear LH Lurker,
could somebody please put the wine list for First for the month of July online?

For the first time in a while, there is no link at the bottom:
http://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/Lufth...-Spitzenkoeche

Thank you!
Hi worldclubber,
I just received the information that the link you mentioned is active again. Thanks again for pointing it out.
Vanessa
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I wanted to look up flight status and it was very hard to find on your website. I had to look deep in the "prepare" tab on the front page until I found it.

It would be better with a large and clearly "flight status" button right on the front page so that other customers won't have the difficulty.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I wanted to look up flight status and it was very hard to find on your website. I had to look deep in the "prepare" tab on the front page until I found it.

It would be better with a large and clearly "flight status" button right on the front page so that other customers won't have the difficulty.
Hi miamiflyer,
the link to check your flight's status is on the startpage of LH.com, the mobile website and the app. I've attached some screenshots for you to help you find it.
Vanessa
Attached Images    
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Thanks Vanessa for your help. I used the desktop site and I didn't seem to look towards the bottom of the page.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:01 pm

Not sure if this is a good place to post recent fight experiences. My wife and I mainly fly UA but with this recent trip from IAH to JBG we found the best deal via a code share on Lufthansa where we got pretty good mileage awards.

We flew on the A380-800 from IAH to FRA. It's one of those late afternoon/night flights so you can get a few hours of sleep. Unfortuatly I somehow got the box checked by mistake for a special meal, something I did not mean to do so every meal was offered as a special Asian Vegetarian which I did not want. The FC were great and were able to find me a regular meal to substitute, I felt bad as the meal that was for me went to waste but I surly did not mean to order it.

We found the lie flat beds ok, I think I have slept on more comfortable ones on other carriers. These sure seemed like coffins to me, tight with nowhere to put my arms but my doctor gave me a prescription pill which helped me get to sleep. The pillow is ok as is the quilt but nothing special. The crews were great and very friendly.

We were at FRA for a very long day. We were allowed to use the Senator's Club as my wife is Gold with UA. The club is quite nice, we used it a few years ago so we were familiar with what it offered. We both took showers and ate and slept off and on until our 10PM flight to JBG on a 747-8. We were in the smaller upper deck for the flight to JBG and in the main Business cabin for the return. Both were good and I actually feel like the beds were more comfortable for me on that plane, just seems like there is a bit more room to sleep on that plane. Great crews and overall flight experience for the 10 hours or so of flight. Because the flight leaves FRA quite late we actually enjoyed a meal at a steak place in the FRA airport earlier that evening and went straight to sleep upon boarding the flight so didn't eat until the morning pre-landing meal. The outgoing dinner sounded good but as it was almost 11pm we declined and just slept.

Our last leg home was again on the big A380-800. Super quiet plane although I miss not having an air vent. At times we felt the temperature could have been cooler or just more moving air. But everyone is different. The crew on that flight was especially good, great personal FA for our section who went out of her way to make good conversation and make us feel welcome. We also felt the food was the best on that flight as were the wine selections. I tried a special "off the menu" white wine and commented to the FA that it was a Viognier which is often thought of as the perfect white wine for red wine drinkers. She ended up giving me the bottle which was almost full as we were landing in a few hours! Nice!

Flying the same route in mid September to JBG and back in October so looking forward to it.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
Not sure if this is a good place to post recent fight experiences. My wife and I mainly fly UA but with this recent trip from IAH to JBG we found the best deal via a code share on Lufthansa where we got pretty good mileage awards.

We flew on the A380-800 from IAH to FRA. It's one of those late afternoon/night flights so you can get a few hours of sleep. Unfortuatly I somehow got the box checked by mistake for a special meal, something I did not mean to do so every meal was offered as a special Asian Vegetarian which I did not want. The FC were great and were able to find me a regular meal to substitute, I felt bad as the meal that was for me went to waste but I surly did not mean to order it.

We found the lie flat beds ok, I think I have slept on more comfortable ones on other carriers. These sure seemed like coffins to me, tight with nowhere to put my arms but my doctor gave me a prescription pill which helped me get to sleep. The pillow is ok as is the quilt but nothing special. The crews were great and very friendly.

We were at FRA for a very long day. We were allowed to use the Senator's Club as my wife is Gold with UA. The club is quite nice, we used it a few years ago so we were familiar with what it offered. We both took showers and ate and slept off and on until our 10PM flight to JBG on a 747-8. We were in the smaller upper deck for the flight to JBG and in the main Business cabin for the return. Both were good and I actually feel like the beds were more comfortable for me on that plane, just seems like there is a bit more room to sleep on that plane. Great crews and overall flight experience for the 10 hours or so of flight. Because the flight leaves FRA quite late we actually enjoyed a meal at a steak place in the FRA airport earlier that evening and went straight to sleep upon boarding the flight so didn't eat until the morning pre-landing meal. The outgoing dinner sounded good but as it was almost 11pm we declined and just slept.

Our last leg home was again on the big A380-800. Super quiet plane although I miss not having an air vent. At times we felt the temperature could have been cooler or just more moving air. But everyone is different. The crew on that flight was especially good, great personal FA for our section who went out of her way to make good conversation and make us feel welcome. We also felt the food was the best on that flight as were the wine selections. I tried a special "off the menu" white wine and commented to the FA that it was a Viognier which is often thought of as the perfect white wine for red wine drinkers. She ended up giving me the bottle which was almost full as we were landing in a few hours! Nice!

Flying the same route in mid September to JBG and back in October so looking forward to it.

Hi Chrisinhouston,
thank you for taking the time to send us your detailed feedback. I'm happy to hear you had an overall good eperience with us during your trip to JNB! I will forward your feedback to the relevant departments. See you on board again on your flights back.
Wishing you and your wife a great stay in South Africa,
Vanessa
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Dear Lurkers,

It's impossible to book mileage bargains as the server returns internal error. I've posted about the issue when I first run into it 18 days ago, but the problem persists to this day. I've noticed another forum member posting about it in a different thread a week or two ago, so it's quite a safe bet that the issue is on the server side.
Would you be so kind and have someone to take a look at it?

Thank you very much.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Dear Lurkers,

It's impossible to book mileage bargains as the server returns internal error. I've posted about the issue when I first run into it 18 days ago, but the problem persists to this day. I've noticed another forum member posting about it in a different thread a week or two ago, so it's quite a safe bet that the issue is on the server side.
Would you be so kind and have someone to take a look at it?

Thank you very much.

Hello whiskey_sk,
of course we can forward that a Miles & More member was facing a general problem when trying to book a mileage bargain. But without detailed information about the booking request our technical support will probably not be able to do any research. In most cases they need to know the routing and travel dates that you entered, the browser (and sometimes browser version) that you were using, the moment when the error message appears and sometimes also the Miles & More number. There may be even more questions that they ask in order to be able to investigate (e.g. did you delete cookies and cache, did you access the page via a special link from a newsletter etc.). To avoid that you have to send us all this information we always recommend that you contact the technical support of Miles & More by phone (http://bit.ly/1Yja9X0).
Jens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.