FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:36 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Hardy
Hi Lufthansa,

I am confused by the current flight information for passengers from/to China, as found on lufthansa.com:

"Lufthansa Group extends flight suspensions to mainland China
  • Flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Shenyang and Qingdao will be suspended until March 28
  • Flight operations to/from Hong Kong will be reduced in March
The safety of passengers and employees is a top priority for the Lufthansa Group. After thoroughly evaluating all currently available information on the corona virus, Lufthansa Group has decided to further suspend its Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian Airlines flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai until March 28. Initially the flights have been suspended until February 29. Flight suspensions to Nanjing, Shenyang and Qingdao will continue to stay in place until the end of the winter timetable on March 28. Flight operations to/from Hong Kong will be reduced in March. The Lufthansa Group will continuously monitor the situation of the corona virus and is in contact with the responsible authorities. Lufthansa Group offers free refund or rebooking for flights to/from mainland China. "

The last sentence only makes sense if it applies to flights after March 28, since there are no more flights before that date (and the affected pax would have those rights anyways). However I was told today that there is no such policy /waiver beyond that date.

Can you kindly clarify this?

Thanks!
Hi Hardy,

I agree, communication in regards to the free rebooking and refund option might be a little confusing. It refers to Lufthansa group passengers who have booked a ticket through us and have their flights operated by airlines that have not yet suspended their flights to/ from mainland China entirely. However, I can confirm that, currently, there is no waiver policy in place for flights booked for dates after March 28th. For those, the regular fare conditions apply.

Best,
Katharina