Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

New First class retrofit thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by PittDoc
Rimowa amenity kit in LH F? That IS wishful thinking. They used have an F-class worthy kit but in Dec 2011 I got a clear plastic kit with a blue zipper and mediocre contents. I just gave them away to a friend with a long trip in Y -- I thought they were US Airways business class kits which are identical! Maybe b/c there were too many LH Rimowa kits on ebay?

Better try Thai F.
Thai F no longer offer the Rimowa kits.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, if you believe in Santa... I would estimate 2-3 748i joining the fleet this year.
Nah, don't be pessimistic! 5 are still planned for delivery this year although all have been pushed back by a couple of months and stretching the end of delivery of the first batch to the end summer, so hopefully they'll all be flying by the start of the winter schedule.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I was very happy to see D-ABVP parked at Gate A15 this morning as our flight from VIE arrived, as my boarding pass for LH402 (FRA-EWR) said we were departing from that gate. Sadly, it was a day flight so I didn't sleep much, but I had to lie down on the bed just to experience it.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:21 am

April 13 i was on LH 404 (Fra-JFK) that has the new F class cabin. nice surprise
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I was very happy to see D-ABVP parked at Gate A15 this morning as our flight from VIE arrived, as my boarding pass for LH402 (FRA-EWR) said we were departing from that gate. Sadly, it was a day flight so I didn't sleep much, but I had to lie down on the bed just to experience it.
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
April 13 i was on LH 404 (Fra-JFK) that has the new F class cabin. nice surprise
I'm glad LH is finally bringing it to the east coast routes - I'd have figured JFK and EWR was a high-value enough route to serve it with new F, so it's good to see it finally get it.

Was it a full pyjama set, or just sweater?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm glad LH is finally bringing it to the east coast routes - I'd have figured JFK and EWR was a high-value enough route to serve it with new F...
I'm hoping MUC-BOS gets included once they switch to A346 in May. Seems likely since it's MUC based but not as much competition out of BOS vs. NYC airports. Any predictions?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:35 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
There were four of us (two couples) on yesterday's flight in F.

Only the sweater top for FRA-EWR. Got the full set flying ORD-MUC.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by PittDoc
I'm hoping MUC-BOS gets included once they switch to A346 in May. Seems likely since it's MUC based but not as much competition out of BOS vs. NYC airports. Any predictions?
I wouldn't be surprised if it did - LH is a bit unpredictable with routes (still don't understand why KIX flew new F over JFK) but with the abundance of 346s in MUC, I'd figure it would fly BOS. Weird thing: when I was passing through MUC a few days ago, D-AIHO was flying to CPH. I thought it rather weird

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
There were four of us (two couples) on yesterday's flight in F.

Only the sweater top for FRA-EWR. Got the full set flying ORD-MUC.
I guess they're sticking to the "day flight = top only" mantra. Don't know why. It's not like you sweat less in your pants just because it's daytime
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
It's not like you sweat less in your pants just because it's daytime
*sweat* is the key word here, on LH flights!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:52 am

I'm glad LH is finally bringing it to the east coast routes - I'd have figured JFK and EWR was a high-value enough route to serve it with new F, so it's good to see it finally get it.

Was it a full pyjama set, or just sweater?
there was a total of 5 passengers in F ( 3 empty seats). we got the full pyjama.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
RUH and MCT was also getting a lot of rotations of the new First in the last 4 months on the direct flight from FRA.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
On D-AIFC tonight. Pretty happy about it!

And we're connecting to SQ C on the 388...
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Lh 462/463 fra-mia-fra

MIA seems to get the new F frequently as well. Three out of three of my flights since they switched to 744 a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by BikeHelmet
MIA seems to get the new F frequently as well. Three out of three of my flights since they switched to 744 a few weeks ago.
BOM getting shafted recently with 744 new F...glad I didn't upgrade a few days ago - but soon limited upgrades anyway!

Then may the best price, frequent flyer program and product win!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
RUH and MCT was also getting a lot of rotations of the new First in the last 4 months on the direct flight from FRA.
I was on LH 618 ( FRA-RUH) last month. old F cabin. also last week i was on LH 619 (RUH-FRA) same thing old F cabin. I am happy that i got to try the new F cabin on 3 flights ,BOS-FRA and FRA-JFK on 744 and FRA-SFO on A380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.