Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:26 am

Programs: QF, HH
I'm not currently a *A member. However, due to the relatively large number of European airlines in this airline group, I've been thinking about it. If so, I'd join Air NZ, because they're the closest to Australia, and I'd probably more likely use them.

(Perhaps this question is better in the *A thread, but at the same time, it's also Lufthansa-related)

I'll be flying BCN - MXP in August. Having just looked at the airfares, I've decided on my fare, economy (W). Apparently, it's elligable for 750 mileage points if I was a Miles & More member.

If I became a *A member (with Air NZ), what would the value of these points be equal to, approx? I mean, would it be similar to the value of 750 Qantas FF points?

Obviously, not much, but then this is only 1 flight.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:18 am

Oh, and one other question while I'm at it. If I was on a TAP flight (LIS - LHR), followed by a seperately tickted LH flight (LHR - MUC - BCN), and TAP was late, causing me to miss the LH flight, would LH just stick me on another flight, either with LH, *A or another airline? Or would I receieve no compensation (for a W fare), and would have to pay for another flight?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Catweazle
I'm not currently a *A member. However, due to the relatively large number of European airlines in this airline group, I've been thinking about it. If so, I'd join Air NZ, because they're the closest to Australia, and I'd probably more likely use them.

(Perhaps this question is better in the *A thread, but at the same time, it's also Lufthansa-related)

I'll be flying BCN - MXP in August. Having just looked at the airfares, I've decided on my fare, economy (W). Apparently, it's elligable for 750 mileage points if I was a Miles & More member.

If I became a *A member (with Air NZ), what would the value of these points be equal to, approx? I mean, would it be similar to the value of 750 Qantas FF points?

Obviously, not much, but then this is only 1 flight.
Welcome to M&M forum!

As you correctly say this is probably a question for the *A forum, but also for the NZ forum. You can check this NZ website to find what you can earn when flying BCN-MXP on LH in Economy (W).
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpo...-earning-chart

As far as I can tell from the chart you will earn 15 Airpoints Dollars but I'm afraid I have no idea how this compares with 750 M&M miles.

Generally speaking M&M is a good programme if you fly in paid Business or First. The choice of a programme also depends on what you are looking for: award tickets, lounge access, upgrades, increased baggage allowance, etc.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Oh, and one other question while I'm at it. If I was on a TAP flight (LIS - LHR), followed by a seperately tickted LH flight (LHR - MUC - BCN), and TAP was late, causing me to miss the LH flight, would LH just stick me on another flight, either with LH, *A or another airline? Or would I receieve no compensation (for a W fare), and would have to pay for another flight?
If you are on separate tickets and you miss a connecting flight because the first flight is delayed, the second airline (LH in this case) will not let you fly on a later flight unless your ticket is fully flexible. You won't receive any compensation from the first airline for a delay unless the airline accepts responsibility. And you will have to pay for another ticket.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
What sort of service can I expect in Business Class on the Eurowings operated (I think) flight from Düsseldorf to Manchester? It would be an evening flight. I am not sure what the different bands for catering within Europe are at the moment.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
What sort of service can I expect in Business Class on the Eurowings operated (I think) flight from Düsseldorf to Manchester? It would be an evening flight. I am not sure what the different bands for catering within Europe are at the moment.
It's some time since I flew the route last (in Y) but as far as I know the flight is operated by Eurowings for Lufthansa on wetlease and catering is the same as mainline LH. It's probably level 2.

Perhaps someone can confirm?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:19 am

Some time ago on the departure gate in FRA next to mine they were looking for volunteers to fly later due to overbooking and handing out cash/voucher or sth. As I am flying frequently LON-FRA-LON and with upcoming Easter Holidays and the Royal Wedding I expect flights to be rather full or even overbooked. Friday evening flights to London are full anyway. Would it make sense to ask at the departure gate if the flight is full and if they need volunteers or how is the best way to do that? Or shall I wait until they will ask for volunteers? I will be flying 15APR FRA-LCY LH936 next time, but could also go to LHR as an extraordinary exception...I am a M&M member blue flying towards FTL. Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Some time ago on the departure gate in FRA next to mine they were looking for volunteers to fly later due to overbooking and handing out cash/voucher or sth. As I am flying frequently LON-FRA-LON and with upcoming Easter Holidays and the Royal Wedding I expect flights to be rather full or even overbooked. Friday evening flights to London are full anyway. Would it make sense to ask at the departure gate if the flight is full and if they need volunteers or how is the best way to do that? Or shall I wait until they will ask for volunteers? I will be flying 15APR FRA-LCY LH936 next time, but could also go to LHR as an extraordinary exception...I am a M&M member blue flying towards FTL. Thank you in advance.
I only have a similar experience as yours. Next departure gate in MUC, last flight to BHX overbooked, looking for volunteers to fly to MAN instead or stay overnight & take the first flight in the morning plus €200. I was tempted as I was very tired but unfortunately I was flying to MAN.

Reading what others have posted in this forum (for example this and this) there's no harm in informing check-in that you are interested in VDB (Voluntary Denied Boarding) if they need volunteers. Don't check any luggage if you are interested in VDB.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
...Don't check any luggage if you are interested in VDB.
Thank you for the fast and helpfull reply, hopefully I did not wake up any opponents on the same flight

Having luggage checked in would disqualify me from VDB at all or just minimize my chances to get VDB?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Having luggage checked in would disqualify me from VDB at all or just minimize my chances to get VDB?
I don't know if checked luggage disqualifies you but airlines prefer to VDB passengers without checked luggage so they don't have to offload it.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It's some time since I flew the route last (in Y) but as far as I know the flight is operated by Eurowings for Lufthansa on wetlease and catering is the same as mainline LH. It's probably level 2.

Perhaps someone can confirm?
Originally Posted by Concerto
The Menu and service level can be checked here:
http://www.lufthansa-europakomfort.c...dfinder/?lc=en

Note that the above link is a flash application and my not work correctly on all browsers. It did previously on FF, but today it didn't in my computer. I got it to work in IE.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The Menu and service level can be checked here:
http://www.lufthansa-europakomfort.c...dfinder/?lc=en

Note that the above link is a flash application and my not work correctly on all browsers. It did previously on FF, but today it didn't in my computer. I got it to work in IE.
Thanks. I forgot about that site.
Working ok on FF (3.6.16) with Flash (10.2.153.1) for me.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:50 am

Just wondering, will miles/points on M&M stay on file permanently, or do they put your account back to 0 after 12 months of no flying/no spending, like Qantas?

Also, is there any way one can change one's password, after registering?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Just wondering, will miles/points on M&M stay on file permanently, or do they put your account back to 0 after 12 months of no flying/no spending, like Qantas?

Also, is there any way one can change one's password, after registering?
M&M miles expire 36 months after the transaction date – at the end of the quarter. Activities such as flying or spending miles do not extend miles' validity. If you are a status member (Frequent Traveller, Senator, HON Circle) of M&M your miles don't expire.

Also in a number of countries miles don't expire if you have M&M credit cards.
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=10001

Yes, it is possible to change your password after registering.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:03 am

M&M miles expire 36 months after the transaction date – at the end of the quarter. Activities such as flying or spending miles do not extend miles' validity. If you are a status member (Frequent Traveller, Senator, HON Circle) of M&M your miles don't expire.

Also in a number of countries miles don't expire if you have M&M credit cards.
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=10001

Yes, it is possible to change your password after registering.
Well that's 3 years, I should be alright. Although, come to think of it, I assume one wouldn't be allowed to transfer them, in some form or other, over to Air NZ membership?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.