FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your recent opup as FTL/SEN/HON.
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:23 am
olm022

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Booked on LH 778 FRA-SIN mid July in Z class. Seatcounter shows:
F9 A7 J9 C7 D0 Z0 Y9 B9 M6 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 L0 and all seats in C are assigned = it looks as if C is heavily oversold. Should I change my FTL No. in the booking to SK*G to improve the chance of op-up? Any chance to enter my expired SEN No. when doing OLCI to "trick" the system to write SEN on my BP rather than FTL? (I managed that on a OS flight some time ago)

I also consider to volunteer for VDB (I do not mind flying the next day or via BKK) as this is likely to improve the chance of "a better seat" should VDB not be required.

Your comments? Thx
While *G should get priority over FLT for op-ups, in FRA LH usually goes by the rule: HON->SEN->FLT-the rest. Also, I would suggest calling to LH and asking to put a remark in your booking about VDB option. To really maximize VDB chances, I would recommend going to FRA the day before, checking at the counter and asking them to once again make a note that you can VDB. Done it a few times and every time when I came up to the gate, they already had known who I was and what I wanted (cash, cash, cash)