Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Has anyone managed to get miles credited doing what Circumknowitall suggests?
Yes. I did a few years ago, using the form in the inflight magazine. ^
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Award upgrade on Continental?

Is this award chart valid also for upgrades on Continental flights? (however, booked with United flight number)

NAS is considered to be Central American destination? So it will cost 15000 miles per person to upgrade flight NAS-EWR (non-stop) from non-flexibile ticket?

And last question - is it possible to move miles from one M&M account to another? This would be useful as "sponsor" will miss only few thousands of miles to upgrade our ticket, so I'd like to send him mine.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by the810
Is this award chart valid also for upgrades on Continental flights? (however, booked with United flight number)
Nope, it is this one.

And last question - is it possible to move miles from one M&M account to another? This would be useful as "sponsor" will miss only few thousands of miles to upgrade our ticket, so I'd like to send him mine.
No, it is not possible. You can only buy miles or sponsor purchased miles but both options are fairly expensive.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Flying LH C TLV-FRA and then Y FRA-SZG.
Can I use any lounge in FRA?
(no status)
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:36 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Houminer
Flying LH C TLV-FRA and then Y FRA-SZG.
Can I use any lounge in FRA?
(no status)
Which flight will you be on? If LH691 then you can use the Welcome Lounge which is landside. Much nicer than the Business or Senator (*G) lounges.

If arriving on LH687 your C boarding pass should give you access to a Business Lounge.

However SZG flights usually depart from a Schengen B bus gate in an area with no lounge nearby. Convenient from the Welcome Lounge but not so from the Business lounge next to gate A26 which is some distance away.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Which flight will you be on? If LH691 then you can use the Welcome Lounge which is landside. Much nicer than the Business or Senator (*G) lounges.

If arriving on LH687 your C boarding pass should give you access to a Business Lounge.

However SZG flights usually depart from a Schengen B bus gate in an area with no lounge nearby. Convenient from the Welcome Lounge but not so from the Business lounge next to gate A26 which is some distance away.
I'm arriving on 691 and have 3 and a half hours for my connection.
Where exactly is the welcome lounge?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:52 pm

and last question (sorry):
Can I enter the arrival lounge although I'm upgraded to C?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 1:40 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

I'm arriving on 691 and have 3 and a half hours for my connection.
Where exactly is the welcome lounge?
The Welcome Lounge is after passport control on the arrivals (lowest) level. It's behind luggage claim area B and marked #5 on this map.
Can I enter the arrival lounge although I'm upgraded to C?
Yes, of course. LH doesn't treat upgraded passengers or those on award differently. Make sure to keep your boarding pass.

More about the Welcome Lounge here.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: A3 Gold (*G), M&M FTL (*S)
Milage problems

First of all thank you for this forum.

And now my questions.

1) I booked some flights for a round trip in the USA with CO in class Q, W and T, but the flights were operated by UA. After the flights I got credited for just 50% of the miles on my M&M account...
Is this due UA, because they give in these classes only 50% even I booked with CO? Or should I get the 100% CO miles on my M&M (as the CO confirmation states)?

2) During my trip PHL-BRU-FRA, the first segment was detoured due to bad weather to FRA. Good for me, as it was my final destination. Nevertheless I just got miles for the PHL-BRU flight and no additional miles to FRA. I understand that as I was not on the flight BRU-FRA and can not get miles for this one. But is there a possibility to get the additional miles for the detour, which was than a PHL-FRA?

Thank you very much in advance
CheSe
Old Mar 5, 2011, 1:26 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by totti
Thanks. But does that mean that I can't upgrade Continental flight from NAS to EWR (because I can't find amount of miles for such route in that chart)?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Chese
First of all thank you for this forum.

And now my questions.

1) I booked some flights for a round trip in the USA with CO in class Q, W and T, but the flights were operated by UA. After the flights I got credited for just 50% of the miles on my M&M account...
Is this due UA, because they give in these classes only 50% even I booked with CO? Or should I get the 100% CO miles on my M&M (as the CO confirmation states)?

2) During my trip PHL-BRU-FRA, the first segment was detoured due to bad weather to FRA. Good for me, as it was my final destination. Nevertheless I just got miles for the PHL-BRU flight and no additional miles to FRA. I understand that as I was not on the flight BRU-FRA and can not get miles for this one. But is there a possibility to get the additional miles for the detour, which was than a PHL-FRA?

Thank you very much in advance
CheSe
Welcome to FT, Chese!

1) The problem you experience is a typical one within Star Alliance. The miles you get depend on the booking class of the operating carrier, not the code-share carrier. So while Q, W and T on CO would get you 100% of the miles but unfortunately this doesn't matter. What matters is the booking class of the operating carrier (UA in your case) but unfortunately, you can't know what the booking class is. There is a table which translated the CO code into the UA code but its not publicly available. We have a thread there in this forum where we try to collect this information so maybe you can share your experience there.

2) Yes, you should normally get the full miles of PHL-BRU-FRA. So you would need to write to M&M and explain that due to an involuntary re-route you couldn't spend time in BRU and then you were further penalised by not getting the miles. You should receive your miles then.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by totti
Nope, it is this one.
Thanks. But does that mean that I can't upgrade Continental flight from NAS to EWR (because I can't find amount of miles for such route in that chart)?
Correct, the award chart totti refers to doesn't seem to include miles needed to upgrade flights between North America and Central America. You may want to call M&M to ask.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
1) The problem you experience is a typical one within Star Alliance. The miles you get depend on the booking class of the operating carrier, not the code-share carrier. So while Q, W and T on CO would get you 100% of the miles but unfortunately this doesn't matter. What matters is the booking class of the operating carrier (UA in your case) but unfortunately, you can't know what the booking class is. There is a table which translated the CO code into the UA code but its not publicly available. We have a thread there in this forum where we try to collect this information so maybe you can share your experience there.
And welcome from me too, Chese!

According to this conversion chart maintained by a fellow FlyeyTalker, CO classes Q, W and T all translate into UA class Q. If this is correct, according to M&M you should earn 100%. But as DownUnderFlyer wrote this is a complex area not many of us, newbie or otherwise, understand unfortunately.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 3:35 am

Quick question on FCT access - looking into past thread sseems policy has changed a bit back and forth for connecting pax, so wanted to get the latest version.

Have a connecting flight ORD-FRA-CDG. ORD-FRA is in F, and FRA-CDG is C. Do I get FCT access or just FCL? Any suggestions for how long to make my layover? (pretty much every FRA-CDG flight has award space, so can move that segment fairly easily. ORD-FRA is LH443 that lands at 140pm)
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by okrogius
Have a connecting flight ORD-FRA-CDG. ORD-FRA is in F, and FRA-CDG is C. Do I get FCT access or just FCL? Any suggestions for how long to make my layover? (pretty much every FRA-CDG flight has award space, so can move that segment fairly easily. ORD-FRA is LH443 that lands at 140pm)
If you leave the main terminal and walk to the FCT they are unlikely to turn you away. You'll have to go through immigration (to enter Schengen) before your flight to CDG anyway. Arriving at 1:40pm the next flight to CDG at 3:50pm may not give you enough time to "enjoy" the FCT. If you are looking for FCT experience you may want to consider LH1042 at 5:05pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.