Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Getting to FCT

I am travelling LH from BKK-FRA-MIA in F,

As I have 4 hours in FRA I plan to go to the FCT,

Will LH take me to the terminal or do I have to find my own way ?

I think I will be arriving at B terminal .

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:03 pm

I have a 90 minute connection time to get from C11 (US 700 out of PHL) to A16 (LH 1212 to GVA). Will be flying in C so should get off the plane first. I know 90 minutes is a legal connection time but am worried about it anyway because I have a recent vision problem.

Thank you for your links. They enabled me to find the gates connected to my flights. It looks like I will need to take the sky train to get from C to A. The FRA airport map was blurry to me and I was not able to see C11.

So, is 90 minutes enough time?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:17 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ianp
I am travelling LH from BKK-FRA-MIA in F,

As I have 4 hours in FRA I plan to go to the FCT,

Will LH take me to the terminal or do I have to find my own way ?

I think I will be arriving at B terminal .

Thanks
No, there's no transfer to the FCT. If you want to go to the FCT you will have to leave the main terminal and walk there. Please check the first post and post #960 of the FCT FAQ thread for instructions on how to get there. You may also want to check the first post in the FRA connection thread if you haven't done so already.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b1513
I have a 90 minute connection time to get from C11 (US 700 out of PHL) to A16 (LH 1212 to GVA). Will be flying in C so should get off the plane first. I know 90 minutes is a legal connection time but am worried about it anyway because I have a recent vision problem.

Thank you for your links. They enabled me to find the gates connected to my flights. It looks like I will need to take the sky train to get from C to A. The FRA airport map was blurry to me and I was not able to see C11.

So, is 90 minutes enough time?
90 minutes should be enough if your incoming flight is not very late. Provided you are on one ticket they should put you on the next available flight to GVA if you miss the connection.

Please check the first post of the FRA connection guide if you haven't done so alread. You will need to go through passport control and security screening between your arrival gate and the departure gate, but if you follow the signs for your departure gate (which may or may not be A16) you should be fine.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No, there's no transfer to the FCT. If you want to go to the FCT you will have to leave the main terminal and walk there. Please check the first post and post #960 of the FCT FAQ thread for instructions on how to get there. You may also want to check the first post in the FRA connection thread if you haven't done so already.
Thanks Newbie runner,

your a star !!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:38 am

All Lufthansa flights arrive at and depart from Terminal 1, which is divided into three concourses: A, B and C. Each concourse is almost like a separate terminal. Most (but not all) gates in B and C concourses are used by international (non-Schengen) flights. Concourse A consists of two levels with the lower level used for domestic/Schengen flights and the upper level used for international flights (almost exclusively to/from the US).

You can find which gates are likely to be used by your flights by checking the flight status (arrival and departure) section of Lufthansa’s website over a period of time. Please be aware that gates can change from day to day and it is not possible to predict the exact gate used by your flight but you will get some idea.

LH419 (I think you must mean LH419 rather than LH410) arrived at a B gate for the last couple of days. But it could arrive at a non-Schengen A gate or a remote apron position (you will be bused to international arrival B). Since you are connecting to a Schengen destination (BRE) you will have to go through passport control in FRA as well as security. Don't worry about where passport control is located. Simply following the signs to the departure gate of your connecting flight (LH36) should take you through passport control and security screening.

65 mins is quite short for an international to domestic/Schengen connection but many morning arrivals from the US arrive early and if so you should be ok. Provided you are travelling on one ticket LH should put you on the next available flight to BRE should you miss your connection.

For your second itinerary you will go through passport control in FRA (but no further security screening normally). Once again 55 mins is a little tight but provided your flight from BRE is on time you should be fine. I wonder if you have any chance of getting on an earlier flight from BRE to be on the safe side?

Unfortunately it is not possible to say how long it takes from the arrival gate to the departure gate because those gates can vary. You may also like to check the FRA connection thread and especially the first post.
Yes i meant LH 419 and i guess the gate was not important but the terminal and concourse is what i wanted to know. I know the connection time is tight and generally 60 min is ok as that is what i normally play with but never gone through FRA.

I have an award ticket issued by US Air in C
HK-YYZ-IAd on Air Canada
IAD-FRA-BRE on LH
BRE-FRA-SIN on LH
SIN - HK on SQ

The sin-hk is also a connection and basically its from BRE-HK. If for any reason flight was delayed or i cannot make it would LH be responsible to get me to SIN or to HK. Would they take care of it or leave me hanging??

I would have thought on the way from BRE - FRA - SIN the passport control would be in BRE and not FRA hence i took a tighter connection time.

Thanks a lot NewbieRunner !!

Last edited by rocket69; Apr 22, 2011 at 12:39 am Reason: forgot to thank newbierunner.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by rocket69
I would have thought on the way from BRE - FRA - SIN the passport control would be in BRE and not FRA hence i took a tighter connection time.
Unfortunately, as BRE-FRA is a domestic Flight there's no Passport Control, and it's only when you leave Schengen at FRA that you go through emigration (otherwise everyone else on the domestic Flight would have to immigrate back into Germany upon arrival)
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:58 am

90 minutes should be enough if your incoming flight is not very late. Provided you are on one ticket they should put you on the next available flight to GVA if you miss the connection.

Please check the first post of the FRA connection guide if you haven't done so alread. You will need to go through passport control and security screening between your arrival gate and the departure gate, but if you follow the signs for your departure gate (which may or may not be A16) you should be fine.
Thank you for your quick response. I am on one ticket so that is helpful. I checked the FRA connection thread, and did fly through FRA before but with a longer connection time, so am aware of Security screening. Again, thanks so much.

Bobette

Last edited by b1513; Apr 22, 2011 at 8:03 am
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:25 am

Programs: M&M
I would like to know if any M&M members have ever tried to use their FFP miles to book flight awards or upgrades with QR. I am thinking of flying LHR to SIN via DOH so any advice or tips will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 9:21 am
Original Poster

I know the connection time is tight and generally 60 min is ok as that is what i normally play with but never gone through FRA.
60 mins may be the minimum connecting time in FRA but many people opt for a longer connecting time to make sure...

The sin-hk is also a connection and basically its from B RE-HK. If for any reason flight was delayed or i cannot make it would LH be responsible to get me to SIN or to HK. Would they take care of it or leave me hanging??
I'm certain LH will make sure to get you to SIN but I'm not sure how they handle the SIN-HKG leg. I hope someone with more experience of award bookings than myself will be able to answer.

As matt in france mentioned already you only go through passport control before you board a flight leaving Schengen, i.e. FRA in this case.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:14 am

60 mins may be the minimum connecting time in FRA but many people opt for a longer connecting time to make sure...

I'm certain LH will make sure to get you to SIN but I'm not sure how they handle the SIN-HKG leg. I hope someone with more experience of award bookings than myself will be able to answer.

As matt in france mentioned already you only go through passport control before you board a flight leaving Schengen, i.e. FRA in this case.

Thanks lets hope no delays..i will have my skates on
Old Apr 26, 2011, 3:32 am

Just to reconfirm if flying in C is there a separate section for passport control ?? (I would assume not but i read something about a tower lounge).
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Just to reconfirm if flying in C is there a separate section for passport control ?? (I would assume not but i read something about a tower lounge).
No separate passport control based on the class of service as far as I know, but exit passport control should be very quick.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:06 am

No separate passport control based on the class of service as far as I know, but exit passport control should be very quick.
Ok. I was not sure i think i read it on the FRA connections link. Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: A3 Gold (*G), M&M FTL (*S)
Hello,

I'm looking at the flight DCA-ORD-DEN-RNO on UA. ORD is just a stop without a change of plane and has the same flight#. How will the mileage be calculated as separate segments, which would mean 3 or will it be 2 (DCA-DEN; DEN-RNO)?

My second question deals with a flight to Europe. The flight is RNO-DEN-YUL-FRA with a short layover (~45 min) in YUL. Do I have to go through any kind of immigration/boarder control/security in YUL or do I stay in the international section of the airport? Are 45 min transfer in YUL generally doable?

Thank you for you help in advance and thanks again for this nice newbie section.
CheSe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.