Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 11:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bertuzzi
will i have access to the FCT in Fra if i have a FRA-ZRH in LH Y and then connecting on LX F for ZRH-YUL?
Yes, as long as your LX flight is on the same day.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
LX award availability

curious if LX is odd about award avail. they seem to show avail for less then 340 days out. seems like 300 days i can find stuff and after that i see a lot of zero avail for connections or anything... like it's not even up yet. any idea? thanks and so glad for the newbie thread.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:28 am

[QUOTE=NewbieRunner;16352487]As a Business Class passenger without *A status you can use a Business Lounge at FRA. If your flight to EWR departs from a C gate (as it has done today) there are two Business Lounges close to your departure gate from which you can board the flight directly. If your flight departs from an A gate the Tower Lounge close to gate A65 will be your choice.

Yes, you can use one of the First Class Lounges or the First Class Terminal as an arriving passenger in F. The First Class Lounge in Concourse B is the most convenient but if your flight to DUB happens to depart from a gate position you will have to walk to your gate! If you have the time and if you definitely want a limo ride to your flight you can walk to the First Class Terminal.

Thanks for the response - as I have never been to any of the two first class lounges you mentioned, I am unsure as to which one people prefer - should I simpy to fo the lounge in Concourse B, or if it were you would you prefer to go to the FCL. Limo aside, are there any differences between the two lounges interms of food and drink options?

Thanks again

Woody
Old May 19, 2011, 10:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EGAC
Thanks for the response - as I have never been to any of the two first class lounges you mentioned, I am unsure as to which one people prefer - should I simpy to fo the lounge in Concourse B, or if it were you would you prefer to go to the FCL. Limo aside, are there any differences between the two lounges interms of food and drink options?
At least one of the three daily flights to DUB seems to depart from a bus gate, in which case you will get a limo ride from the First Class Lounge (FCL) B. Otherwise you will have to walk to your gate!

If you are not concerned about a limo ride the FCL B is more convenient for connecting passengers. After your arrival from MCO you just go through security to gate B22 where the FCL is located. You'll get the same food and drink in the First Class Terminal (FCT) and FCL B. In the FCT someone will come and find you when it's time to leave the lounge for a limo ride. In the FCL you will have to remember when to leave the lounge unless your flight departs from an apron position and you get a ride to the plane.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Stopover on one-way awards

Does M+M allow for a stopover on one-way awards?
Old May 19, 2011, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Does M+M allow for a stopover on one-way awards?
According to this post it doesn't look as if a stopover is permitted on one-way awards.
Old May 20, 2011, 6:20 pm

Strategies for booking on Star Alliance Partners

Hi, new to Miles & More, wanted to get up to speed on strategies for booking/finding flight awards on Star Alliances Partners (including where I can best check availability.

I am based in the States, preference for booking on US Air.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 22, 2011, 1:24 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by djh1201
Hi, new to Miles & More, wanted to get up to speed on strategies for booking/finding flight awards on Star Alliances Partners (including where I can best check availability.

I am based in the States, preference for booking on US Air.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to FT and the M&M forum, djh1201!

The tool of choice to look for Star Alliance award is the ANA Tool. In reality, it is just the All Nippon Airlines Loyalty program website which shows availability for most Star Alliance Partners. Do a search for the term to see how to use it and how to sign up (and how to get around the problem that memberships with zero miles in it don't work for a search).
Old May 22, 2011, 7:34 am

Thanks, I was hoping there was an easier way than the ANA tool, but we can't have that now can we? Then people might actually start redeeming there miles!
Old May 22, 2011, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djh1201
Thanks, I was hoping there was an easier way than the ANA tool, but we can't have that now can we? Then people might actually start redeeming there miles!
You may have noticed this thread already but in case you haven't here are some of the best instructions on how to use the ANA tool.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...sterclass.html
Old May 22, 2011, 10:31 pm

should i give up

i have to use expiring ANA points by end of june. so want to go to europe next april or may. i can fly into any port and connect. i feel like i can get United F seats on a 777. doubt its been upgraded. LH F seats i think have to be grabbed they day they release them. And LX F seats are, as i have been reading, virtually impossible. i can't wait for a 14 day advance. too risky for me. any advice? i know this is the same boat for a lot of folks here. thanks.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shadabing
i have to use expiring ANA points by end of june. so want to go to europe next april or may. i can fly into any port and connect. i feel like i can get United F seats on a 777. doubt its been upgraded. LH F seats i think have to be grabbed they day they release them. And LX F seats are, as i have been reading, virtually impossible. i can't wait for a 14 day advance. too risky for me. any advice? i know this is the same boat for a lot of folks here. thanks.
I booked 2 intl LX F seats on points last week, so it's not impossible. You just need to be patient and check availability often.

If you're worried about your points expiring, you can usually delay the expiry by getting some more points.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
I booked 2 intl LX F seats on points last week, so it's not impossible. You just need to be patient and check availability often.

If you're worried about your points expiring, you can usually delay the expiry by getting some more points.
you got seats for months ahead? did you have to grab them the day they became avail (the 315 day mark)? thanks for feedback.
Old May 23, 2011, 12:04 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
you got seats for months ahead? did you have to grab them the day they became avail (the 315 day mark)? thanks for feedback.
Often it is easier to get F seats than C seats on LX and LH. On many routes you can find availability a few months in advance and not just the day they are being released.
Old May 23, 2011, 3:20 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
It might be seasonal and depend on where you're going. We're flying JNB-ZRH in July and there were 2+ F seats available on at least half a dozen days. We booked about 2 months in advance, but just used the ANA tool and called to book. There were a few LH C seats available as well, but no LH F seats.

I flew SFO-FRA in LH F during the summer of 2009, but that time, I booked months in advance. That was the best flight I've ever done.

As DownUnderFlyer said, it's often easier to find F than C seats. I think it's a lot better value for your points too!

Last edited by flyerbjorn; May 23, 2011 at 3:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.