Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
First off - thanks for the info.

There are 2 of us traveling together, does that change the calculus of where to sit? Both row 1 and 2 are wide open right now [except for us]

Cheers

Originally Posted by mamb0
Row 1 is closer to the lav and the bar, some find that disturbing. Therefore for many 1F is the best seat in the first row. Some complain that row catches to much light and noise from the C cabin, especially when cabin crew steps through the curtain.
I personally only care about not being seated in the middle row seats.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 1:25 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thegrailer
There are 2 of us traveling together, does that change the calculus of where to sit? Both row 1 and 2 are wide open right now [except for us]
Most people travelling together seem to prefer row 2.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
just look up the exact fare used to calculate your ticket on eitr.amadeusasia.com and post it here, we'll be happy to look it up with our tools

Sad the call center agent can't read you the exact fare rules... during normal office hours the LH USA number comes out in YPQ near Toronto. Those guys are pretty good...
thanks for the very prompt response.

is this what is required? as you can see the fare is very cheap and so i suspect it is a non refundable fare

ELECTRONIC TICKET
PASSENGER ITINERARY RECEIPT

DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG DATE: 14 JUNE 2011
WWW.INFOFLYWAY.COM AGENT: 0001
NONE NAME:
NEW YORK FQTV:

TELEPHONE: TBA

ISSUING AIRLINE : LUFTHANSA
TICKET NUMBER : ETKT
FORM OF IDENTIFICATION :
BOOKING REF : AMADEUS: , AIRLINE: LH/
FROM /TO FLIGHT CL DATE DEP FARE BASIS NVB NVA BAG ST

NEW YORK JFK LH 411 V 23JUN 1745 VHXPAX 23JUN 23JUN 2PC OK
TERMINAL:1
MUNICH ARRIVAL TIME: 24JUN 0805 SEAT:
TERMINAL:2 LATEST CHECK-IN:1645

MUNICH LH 764 V 24JUN 1130 VHXPAX 24JUN 24JUN 2PC OK
TERMINAL:2
MUMBAI ARRIVAL TIME: 24JUN 2330 SEAT:
TERMINAL:2 LATEST CHECK-IN:1100

MUMBAI LH 757 V 01SEP 0250 VHXPAX 01SEP 01SEP 2PC OK
TERMINAL:2
FRANKFURT ARRIVAL TIME: 01SEP 0750 SEAT:
TERMINAL:1 LATEST CHECK-IN:0120

FRANKFURT LH 400 V 01SEP 1025 VHXPAX 01SEP 01SEP 2PC OK
TERMINAL:1
NEW YORK JFK ARRIVAL TIME: 01SEP 1245 SEAT:
TERMINAL:1 LATEST CHECK-IN:0955

AT CHECK-IN, PLEASE SHOW A PICTURE IDENTIFICATION AND THE DOCUMENT YOU
GAVE FOR REFERENCE AT RESERVATION TIME

ENDORSEMENTS : REF THROUGH AGT ONLY NONEND/NORRTG/LH ONLY
TOUR CODE : DRW5
PAYMENT : CC CA

FARE CALCULATION : NYC LH X/MUC LH BOM543.00LH X/FRA LH
NYC543.00NUC1086.00END ROE1.000000XF
JFK4.5XT16.30US16.30US5.00XA7.00XY2.50AY50.86RA17. 40
DE5.70WO4.50XF

AIR FARE : USD 1086.00
TAX : USD 430.00YQ 5.50YC 125.56XT
TOTAL : USD 1647.06

NOTICE
CARRIAGE AND OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CARRIER ARE
SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE, WHICH ARE HEREBY INCORPORATED BY
REFERENCE. THESE CONDITIONS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ISSUING CARRIER.

THE ITINERARY/RECEIPT CONSTITUTES THE 'PASSENGER TICKET' FOR
THE PURPOSES OF ARTICLE 3 OF THE WARSAW CONVENTION, EXCEPT WHERE THE
CARRIER DELIVERS TO THE PASSENGER ANOTHER DOCUMENT COMPLYING WITH THE
REQUIREMENTS OF ARTICLE 3.

NOTICE
IF THE PASSENGER'S JOURNEY INVOLVES AN ULTIMATE DESTINATION OR STOP IN
A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE COUNTRY OF DEPARTURE THE WARSAW CONVENTION MAY
BE APPLICABLE AND THE CONVENTION GOVERNS AND IN MOST CASES LIMITS THE
LIABILITY OF CARRIERS FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY AND IN RESPECT OF
LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO BAGGAGE. SEE ALSO NOTICES HEADED ADVICE TO
INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY' AND 'NOTICE OF
BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS'.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Are you sure this is a regular booking done via LH-usa.com? The endorsement text itself indicates that refunds can only be done via the agent..... in any case its similar to the regular VHX... fare, just aprox 100$ cheaper. The regular fare is non refundable.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Are you sure this is a regular booking done via LH-usa.com? The endorsement text itself indicates that refunds can only be done via the agent..... in any case its similar to the regular VHX... fare, just aprox 100$ cheaper. The regular fare is non refundable.
thanks Oliver2002 for the information,

yes the booking was done through LH USA's site (did it myself and when i was sober )
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:45 am

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Collecting luggage ?

I am flying F, MIA-FRA-MUC today , I am planning to take a shower in the FCL in MUC when I arrive there.

Can anyone tell me what to do about my bags, do I need to collect them before I go to the lounge or pick them up after ?

As usual any help is very much appreciated .
Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ianp
I am flying F, MIA-FRA-MUC today , I am planning to take a shower in the FCL in MUC when I arrive there.

Can anyone tell me what to do about my bags, do I need to collect them before I go to the lounge or pick them up after ?

As usual any help is very much appreciated .
This post by oliver2002 confirms any checked bags are kept in an area reserved for lost and found for a couple of hours if you don't show up to claim your bags immediately after landing. So you can go to the FCL before collecting your bags and pick them up later.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
This post by oliver2002 confirms any checked bags are kept in an area reserved for lost and found for a couple of hours if you don't show up to claim your bags immediately after landing. So you can go to the FCL before collecting your bags and pick them up later.
Thank you , your help as ever is very welcome.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:57 am

Hello,

Is there a way to check M&M award availability? I have ANA tool, but it shows award availability for all A* members, and I need M&M specifically, like some SQ flights that are not available to all A*. I have an empty Lufthansa M&M account, and it does not show any SQ flight even in economy, when ANA shows seats available. Is it because I have zero M&M miles?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:13 am

I am a bit confused about earning M&M miles on United/Continental flights. The MM webite tells me that when travelling on the "W" fare I earn 50% miles on United flights and 100% on Continental flights. When I book a ticket on-line (it's a WAW-EWR route) the Continental webite offers me 100% miles even on flights operated on United metal, while United offers me 50% miles for the same flights.

Question: If I book this flight though continental will I get 100% miles as the www is telling me?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by inmud
I am a bit confused about earning M&M miles on United/Continental flights. The MM webite tells me that when travelling on the "W" fare I earn 50% miles on United flights and 100% on Continental flights. When I book a ticket on-line (it's a WAW-EWR route) the Continental webite offers me 100% miles even on flights operated on United metal, while United offers me 50% miles for the same flights.

Question: If I book this flight though continental will I get 100% miles as the www is telling me?
ignore what Continental says, that's specifically for CO Onepass members...

In *A, it's always the OPERATING Carrier of the Flight that counts for Mileage accrual, so M&M will give you 50% Mileage on Flights operated by UA, and 100% on Flights operated by CO.
Of course, that's always assuming the Flights actually book into W; CO's W Fare may map into a different booking Class when operated by someone else's Flight...
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: LH/LX, AY
change booking class

Hi,
I have one flight in September from Muc to Sin. The booking classes are Q (to Sin) and W (to Muc).
Is there any possibility to change the W fare to Q or just to a higher class which gives me 1x the miles instead of the 0.5x?
Could LH to this? Or is it impossible?
Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by matt in france
ignore what Continental says, that's specifically for CO Onepass members...

In *A, it's always the OPERATING Carrier of the Flight that counts for Mileage accrual, so M&M will give you 50% Mileage on Flights operated by UA, and 100% on Flights operated by CO.
Of course, that's always assuming the Flights actually book into W; CO's W Fare may map into a different booking Class when operated by someone else's Flight...
Thank you... is there any way I can determine what miles I will actually get? This is a complex itninerary WAW-ORD-EWR-IAD-FRA-WAW on multiple carriers... the number of miles is improtant to me because if I am credited 100% then I will reach MM Gold Status
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by spellofiron
Hi,
I have one flight in September from Muc to Sin. The booking classes are Q (to Sin) and W (to Muc).
Is there any possibility to change the W fare to Q or just to a higher class which gives me 1x the miles instead of the 0.5x?
Could LH to this? Or is it impossible?
Thanks
LH can do it against a change fee in most cases. Give them a call.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by echino
Hello,

Is there a way to check M&M award availability? I have ANA tool, but it shows award availability for all A* members, and I need M&M specifically, like some SQ flights that are not available to all A*. I have an empty Lufthansa M&M account, and it does not show any SQ flight even in economy, when ANA shows seats available. Is it because I have zero M&M miles?
I believe M&M only shows awards on M&M airlines. If you want to check award availability on other *A airlines you will have to use the ANA or some other tools. For awards on SQ not available to all *A or awards which cannot be searched/booked online you will have to call M&M.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.