Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Looking to possibly book EWR-MUC-BRU. Does the EWR-MUC have an A346 with new F? I see SeatGuru shows 2 configs, one with F and one without.) Will I have access to FCT or FCL in MUC?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:56 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Looking to possibly book EWR-MUC-BRU. Does the EWR-MUC have an A346 with new F? I see SeatGuru shows 2 configs, one with F and one without.) Will I have access to FCT or FCL in MUC?
MUC-based A346s with the new F (D-AIHO and D-AIHP) seem to fly the EWR-MUC route regularly but not every day. As far as I know this route is always a 3-class service with F.

There is no FCT in MUC but you will have accesss to the FCL on arrival.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmyjam
Hello, I was wondering where I could find a schedule for when LH is offering flights with 3 classes vs. only 2 on it's YYZ-FRA route, specifically on flight LH471.
I cannot answer your question but you might be interested in the following thead, especially post #15.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...rst-class.html
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
MUC-based A346s with the new F (D-AIHO and D-AIHP) seem to fly the EWR-MUC route regularly but not every day. As far as I know this route is always a 3-class service with F.

There is no FCT in MUC but you will have accesss to the FCL on arrival.
I thought there was a FCT in MUC!! Guess not. Do they have plans for one??

Regarding EWR-MUC, how could I ensure that the plan has the new F, or it that not possible?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I thought there was a FCT in MUC!! Guess not. Do they have plans for one??
There's no FCT in MUC but the FCL is very nice. One of the best features is passport control within the lounge. When you arrive from EWR, follow the signs for H gates (don't follow the signs for your departure gate) and you will find the entrance to the FCL near gate H21. (There may be someone waiting to direct you there as well.) As you enter the lounge you'll find passport control on your left. When it's time to board our flight to BRU, just go downstairs and leave the lounge on level G.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:05 am

Looking to spend a few hours in the FCT soon. Can anyone tell me if I can purchase any duty free liquor in the FCT?

Heading to EWR in F.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chesty
Looking to spend a few hours in the FCT soon. Can anyone tell me if I can purchase any duty free liquor in the FCT?
Yes, there is a duty-free shop in the FCT.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, there is a duty-free shop in the FCT.
Thank you.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
I can't seem to find an answer for this, maybe my search terms are not quite right.

Anyways, here's the situation. We were to fly from YYZ to TXL via DUS but the plane was delayed over 8 hrs. In fact when we arrived at YYZ to check in the plane still hadn't left DUS. So thinking that it might not arrive in time to even take off from YYZ late at night which would have pushed everything a day forward, we stood in the ticket line and I asked to get reticketed. After insisting that there were no flights (even though I found an LX via ZUR) the lady ticketed us to KLM (We said we would fly thru any other european hub). All is good we head over to KLM and I stick in my card for KLM, but my SO doesn't have her's or the number. No big deal we will credit them later. So fast forward and she tries to get KLM to credit them to her FF program there, they claim that 1. There is no e-ticket number (of course not since it was a paper ticket) 2. That since it was LH that we were to fly we should get the miles from them.

Originally it was an AC booking, Metal was LH and bumped to KLM. So who and where should the miles be posted?

Thanks for any help.. We are now trying to ask LH for the miles.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is F like on the 744? (Seat, IFE)

SeatGuru claims 16 F seats; LH PDF shows 8, each with a bed next to it. Is it a new seat?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Hi everyone,

I have a silly question but I prefer to ask than to keep wondering.

I'm flying to LUX-FRA-KBP on Friday and back on Monday and the weather forecasts say -23C. Do you think it might be a problem to land there and eventually to fly back? I doubt it except if it snows real hard but they must be used to it (obviously I'm not and I'm asking for that reason).

Thanks for sharing your experience about flying in deadly cold weather
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: UA life gold, UA/CO life Presidents/United Club since 1965; Marriott life titanium, HH diamond
Please check your forecast -- mine says -2 not -23!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
He was referring to KBP, where it actually will constantly be under -20 in the morning this week.

AFAIK, it shouldn't be a problem, planes operate at -50 degrees most of the time anyway; as long as the weather's clear (and the forecast says it will be), you should be fine. I'm sure the Ukrainians have proper equipment for such cold weather
Old Jan 25, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Is there an HON calculations thread for dummies?

I was recommended to come here and look at M&M HON level for my future travel.
I have been a UA flyer on *A for many years (GS until last year, every year) and am a 1K for life now. I also have AA EXP level on OW. My INTL travel is in Premium classes to mostly Asia but also Europe. Based in LAS.

I looked on the LH website at it mentioned 600,000 HON miles over a two year period for qualification. My questions are around what constitutes a HON mile in flying (just on LH related, *A as well?, cabin premium bonus as well?) to achieve this status.

Is there a thread for dummies to calculate this out so I can see if this might be a better direction for me?

Thanks....
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mcdade
I can't seem to find an answer for this, maybe my search terms are not quite right.

Anyways, here's the situation. We were to fly from YYZ to TXL via DUS but the plane was delayed over 8 hrs. In fact when we arrived at YYZ to check in the plane still hadn't left DUS. So thinking that it might not arrive in time to even take off from YYZ late at night which would have pushed everything a day forward, we stood in the ticket line and I asked to get reticketed. After insisting that there were no flights (even though I found an LX via ZUR) the lady ticketed us to KLM (We said we would fly thru any other european hub). All is good we head over to KLM and I stick in my card for KLM, but my SO doesn't have her's or the number. No big deal we will credit them later. So fast forward and she tries to get KLM to credit them to her FF program there, they claim that 1. There is no e-ticket number (of course not since it was a paper ticket) 2. That since it was LH that we were to fly we should get the miles from them.

Originally it was an AC booking, Metal was LH and bumped to KLM. So who and where should the miles be posted?

Thanks for any help.. We are now trying to ask LH for the miles.
Fortunately I have no experience of having to do this myself, but I believe if you are transferred to another carrier because of a long delay/cancellation you can still claim the miles from LH on which you were originally booked.

Some people even manage to receive miles from both the booked and flown carriers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.