Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by hugolover
I'll have a long-layover in FRA when arriving from non-Schengen EU connecting to Schengen EU. Can I access the new SEN lounge non-S for a few hours before going to the Schengen one? We'd like to enjoy the cocktail bar.
Hi hugolover,

I understand that you should have no problem.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:18 am

Lounge access in FRA on separate connecting tickets and classes

Hello simple question:

I will be connecting in FRA on separate tickets. Ticket 1: JNB-FRA in J. Ticket 2: FRA-LHR in Y on the same day. Will I get lounge access in FRA on account of my longhaul J flight? I have no status.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BRSlad
Hello simple question:

I will be connecting in FRA on separate tickets. Ticket 1: JNB-FRA in J. Ticket 2: FRA-LHR in Y on the same day. Will I get lounge access in FRA on account of my longhaul J flight? I have no status.

Thanks in advance
How long do you have between your flights in FRA? Your Business BP from the JNB-FRA flight should give you access to the Welcome Lounge which is landside. It's much nicer than other lounges with the exception of the First Class lounges, but you will have to clear passport control in order to get there and go through passport control and security after your visit.

If you don't have status your departing BP in Y won't give you access to any lounge. However, since you are on separate tickets I'm assuming you have allowed sufficient time before your connecting flight to allow you to visit the Welcome Lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Just a silly question: there was a sticky M&M FAQ thread, if I remember correctly. Where did it go? I am looking for info on using evouchers on non-integrated airlines, and can't find anything on M&M website either
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Just a silly question: there was a sticky M&M FAQ thread, if I remember correctly. Where did it go? I am looking for info on using evouchers on non-integrated airlines, and can't find anything on M&M website either
Answer to your first question:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18026786-post13.html

and the second question (hopefully):

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...onomy=Homepage
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: priority pass, M&M, Aeroflot Bonus
on ITA I see one price for 1-way 4U flight, but at any web search engine it is much higher (including 4U web itself). Where should I go for seach? thank you in advance. PM are welcome
Particularly, I need STR-MOW direct on Feb.29, 2012.
ITA says its 117.46 ai, but no one else says the same

P.S. For the way back I'd be happy to get AB DME-FRA March 2 for 3972RUB ai, but again nobody wants to sell it to me for this less.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks!

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
and the second question (hopefully):

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...onomy=Homepage
This is exaclty how far I got before posting the question here,
can't find anything about evoucher usage on non-intengrated airlines though

*EDIT: it seems (unless there was an 'enhancement') that evouchers can be used for upgrades anywhere where the miles would work, too:
Originally Posted by totti
Miles for Upgrades

eVouchers and M&M miles can be easily used for upgrades. There is always discussion in this forum if it makes sense to spend miles for upgrades because upgrades are fairly expensive e.g. for a flight from Europe to the US in C you need 95k miles, to upgrade a flight in travel classes Y and B you need 70k miles and in the other economy travel classes even 100k miles! If you decide to upgrade using miles or eVoucher here is how it works:

For LH LO and OS:
paperless (eUpgrade eVoucher)
between 360 days and 3 hours prior to departure if no special meal request exists in PNR
between 360 days and 12:00 PM UTC of the day before departure if special meal request exists in PNR
if origin of segment or carrier is not eligible for paperless upgrades, records will be automatically sent for conversion into paper
booking time limits for paper award documents will apply
If necessary, customers shall be informed about a resulting fee
booking time limits for upgrades against miles are also valid for upgrades against eVoucher

NH:
between 28 days and 24 hours prior to departure

NZ:
between 28 days and 24 hours prior to departure

SK:
between 360 days and 24 hours prior to departure

SQ, OZ, TG, UA:
between 365 days and 24 hours prior to departure

LX:
between 360 days and 3 hours prior to departure if no special meal request exists in PNR
between 360 days and 12:00 PM UTC of the day before departure if special meal request exists in PNR

TP:
between 330 days and 24 hours prior to departure

Please note that not all booking classes are upgradable! You can upgrade anytime in the timeframe mentioned above for either out- and inbound or only only one direction. Upgrades can be requested even if some segments of your itinary have been flown already.

Last edited by whiskey_sk; Feb 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
eVouchers can be used for *A upgrades using the tool on the M&M page, sadly its probably down right now due to the db migration.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hi All

Newbie Star Alliance / lounge access question I hope you can help with.

Last weekend I flew BD LHR-DME in J and returned DME-LHR on UA in Y (as a BD codeshare).

I have an LH Sen (*G) card.

I was able to use the Star Alliance and BMI lounges on the outbound as I was travelling in J and also could have had access through my LH*G card had I so needed.

On the return, there was no time to worry about lounge access at DME as I arrived late, however I'm wondering whether I could have had access had time been available?

Although my booking was with BMI on a BD codeshare code, it was on UA metal and UA are not members of Star Alliance so I am suspecting not?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Hi All

Newbie Star Alliance / lounge access question I hope you can help with.

Last weekend I flew BD LHR-DME in J and returned DME-LHR on UA in Y (as a BD codeshare).

I have an LH Sen (*G) card.

I was able to use the Star Alliance and BMI lounges on the outbound as I was travelling in J and also could have had access through my LH*G card had I so needed.

On the return, there was no time to worry about lounge access at DME as I arrived late, however I'm wondering whether I could have had access had time been available?

Although my booking was with BMI on a BD codeshare code, it was on UA metal and UA are not members of Star Alliance so I am suspecting not?

Thanks in advance
Ordinarily, as long as you are *G (which you are via Senator) and are flying on *A metal, then you have lounge access. In this case, you would have had lounge access as UA is not only a *A member, but one of the founders of *A.
(If the ticket is booked from a *A carrier but flown on a non-*A carrier, NO ACCESS; if the ticket is booked from a non-*A carrier, but flown on a *A carrier, YES ACCESS.)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:46 am

Thanks in advance
I guess you've been on UN (not UA).
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Ordinarily, as long as you are *G (which you are via Senator) and are flying on *A metal, then you have lounge access. In this case, you would have had lounge access as UA is not only a *A member, but one of the founders of *A.
(If the ticket is booked from a *A carrier but flown on a non-*A carrier, NO ACCESS; if the ticket is booked from a non-*A carrier, but flown on a *A carrier, YES ACCESS.)
Except of course that UA just use a Contract Lounge at DME, so *G travelling in Y may be awkward and require an argument with a Dragon...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Are you sure you flew DME-LHR on UA (United Airlines)? UA is a member of Star Alliance but I don't think they fly DME-LHR. Could it have been some other airline? UN (Transaero) perhaps?

P.S. red star has beaten me to it!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:57 am

m&m credit card in euro

hello folks,

very long time & large volume reader, but just registered cause never had a problem/question that was not already met with a solution and posted for the public here.

i cant seem to find the right topic atm though >.>

wanted to ask about the m&m credit cards in euro.
i only been having mine in pln for couple of years, happy with it, but since i moved i dont want to pay for the currency exchange, and want one billed in euro now. where i am now, in malta, they unfortunately dont offer m&m cc's, only their own slightly crappy from what i observe air malta one. (crappy as in expensive flights and low mileage) closest from here is italy, and on the m&m cc's website it says they have customer service in english, but initially i wanted to get the german one - it's fairly easy for me to visit berlin just in case, and i can read german, although i already brilliantly managed to forget how to speak it, so i'd need english customer service here too.
plus, when i tried to send them a form, there was some inconsistency with the bank id and account number they wanted me to provide for reference - i think they only accept german banks & accounts for reference. i sent them an email asking about it over a month ago and still have received no reply.

q1. does the german m&m credit card scheme allow non-german people to use these cards?
q2. does german m&m cc have an english customer service?
q3. does anyone here know about a m&m card that a non-national of that eurozone country could use?

i think the users in here and all their experience put together will be enough to answer these, me right now, i'm stuck :/ would be lovely if i could get some advice on that in here!

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Welcome to FT, tenko!

I cannot answer your second question but there are several threads which might help to answer the other questions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...uk-m-m-cc.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ands-gone.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-resident.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.