Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by b8b
Also, if I may ask two questions in one post: which lounge will I have access to if I arrive into MUC on LH F and depart on TG F to BKK? What is the best lounge at FRA for F?

TIA!
If it's a same day onward Flight, you can use the LH F Lounge, otherwise just the SEN/*G Lounge.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chese
Does M&M have a recognition for members who redeemed in a certain way (BIS or EQM) 1 million miles such as UA or CO have?
If so what are the levels and what counts?
I don't think there's any special recognition for members who have flown one million miles. The only time one million status (EQM) miles was mentioned was in connection with lifetime SEN status (ten consecutive years as SEN, over 60 years old and over one million status miles) which is discretionary even if it's still awarded.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...s-history.html
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deniah
Considering ATH-IAH on Dec 4th in F primarily through Lufthansa

Coming in from Lufthansa OR Aegean
Connecting in MUC or FRA
Leaving to ORD/IAD/DTW/DEN/PHL/BOS on A330 or A340 or B747
Layover time from 1.25hr to 3hr

is there any of these combination which is more preferable than others? seats any different ? wifi availability ? will there be time to enjoy FCT if there is only 1.25hr available [consider processes, terminal transfers, etc]

all options will basically get me at my final destination [IAH] at around 8pm.
All F seats are the same except those which have been converted with the new F seats (or seat and bed on B747). Check this thread for more info.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post16622622

So far only 10% of B747 and 4% of A343/346 (no A330) have been converted but there may be some more by December. Unfortunately you cannot tell which routes these converted aircrafts will fly on any given day.

Ditto for wifi (FlyNet) availability.

If you only have 1.25 hr between your flights you can go to the FCT but won't have the time to "enjoy" your stay. 3 hr seems about right if you are going to the FCT for the experience.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b8b
I'm new to LH and was wondering about the new F product. I book award travel for next March (2012) for SFO-MUC and FRA-DEN and was wondering if those flights might have the new F seats. I read part of THIS thread, but it is 44 pages long (wish we had thread wikis for times like this). How does one figure out how to
I summarised the current situation in post #627 and hamallu has kindly posted some corrections in post #630. No MUC based aircraft has been retrofitted with the new F so far. With so few aircrafts retrofitted so far, you may be disappointed if you count on flying on the new F. The only certain way to try the new F is to fly on the A380 (though some people flying FRA-JFK are disappointed) but you can only get F awards on the A380 if you are HON or SEN.

Also, if I may ask two questions in one post: which lounge will I have access to if I arrive into MUC on LH F and depart on TG F to BKK?
The First Class Lounge may be used as an arrival lounge for LH and LX passengers. If you are departing on TG F you have access to the Senator Lounge which is designated as the first class lounge for *A F pax.

What is the best lounge at FRA for F?
Where are you coming from and going to? Which airline? FRA has 3 First Class Lounges for LH/LX passengers in FRA and they are more or less the same.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 29, 2011 at 4:14 am
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by siliconflyer
Thanks for your info on EVouchers. And yes, I will have my HON friend call the HC desk again.
My nomination took about 10 days until my family member's account reflected the new status. That was in April.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:01 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The First Class Lounge may be used as an arrival lounge for LH and LX passengers. If you are departing on TG F you have access to the Senator Lounge which is designated as the first class lounge for *A F pax.
Forgive me, but just so I understand: it sounds like I may use the LH F lounge upon arrival into MUC from SFO as I am in F, even though I could also use the Senator lounge because I am *A F on the TG outbound, correct? If so, my wife is also in F but our children are in C, can they accompany us into the F lounge?

Where are you coming from and going to? Which airline? FRA has 3 First Class Lounges for LH/LX passengers in FRA and they are more or less the same.[/QUOTE]

SFO-MUC LH F --> BKK TG F (two pax in F, kids in C)
PRG-FRA LH C --> FRA-YYC LH F (two pax in F, kids in C)
Will we get any tarmac car transportation either way that I've heard so much about?

Thanks, NewbieRunner!!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b8b
Forgive me, but just so I understand: it sounds like I may use the LH F lounge upon arrival into MUC from SFO as I am in F, even though I could also use the Senator lounge because I am *A F on the TG outbound, correct? If so, my wife is also in F but our children are in C, can they accompany us into the F lounge?
No, problem. Each F passenger can take one guest, plus spouse/partner and children under 18 with them into the F lounge. If you are departing to BKK on TG on the same day you can go from the F lounge to your TG flight. If you are not departing on the same day you will have to use the Senator lounge before your departure to BKK, again taking your children as your guests.

SFO-MUC LH F --> BKK TG F (two pax in F, kids in C)
PRG-FRA LH C --> FRA-YYC LH F (two pax in F, kids in C)
Will we get any tarmac car transportation either way that I've heard so much about?
If you have more than a couple of hours in FRA (are you on LH1403/LH494?), you can certainly go to the FCT and get a limo ride to your flight. To go to the FCT, go to Exit and down to the arrival level, leave the main terminal building and turn left. It's about 5 mins walk from the main terminal. If you have less than 1.5 hours you can still go to the FCT but you may not have enough time to "enjoy the experience".
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
Headset adapters on Lufthansa metal? We have some noise cancelling headphones with the double plug but mine is old and doesn't fit in the LH metal seats (they seemed to set them back a bit so bigger plugs won't fit. My girlfriends seemed to work but would buzz when it was in so we both ended up with just listening mono with one plug.

Of course this is all in Y.. Anyone have any tips or a place to get adapters that actually work with LH. Seems my adapter works with every other carrier fine.. And why do they even still have these plugs? The airline could save so much time and money since 90% of people who travel have their own headphones anyways.

thanks
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:06 am

Is a Q fare on SQ upgradeable with eVouchers? Specifically, FRA-JFK?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:23 am
b8b

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No, problem. ...

If you have more than a couple of hours in FRA (are you on LH1403/LH494?)
Yes, we are on LH1403/LH494, so it sounds like barely enough time... is the F terminal worth going to instead of the F lounge then?

Thanks again, NewbieRunner!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:00 am
b8b

Originally Posted by matt in france
If it's a same day onward Flight, you can use the LH F Lounge, otherwise just the SEN/*G Lounge.
Thank you, Matt!

Is this documented anywhere, just in case I have any trouble? Or is it well known by the LH FCL staff so I should be OK?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by b8b
Thank you, Matt!

Is this documented anywhere, just in case I have any trouble? Or is it well known by the LH FCL staff so I should be OK?
Luke newbierunner says, the LH F Lounge can also be used as an Arrivals Lounge, so you just show your SFO-MUC Boarding Pass, and don't even mention your TG Flight...
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b8b
Yes, we are on LH1403/LH494, so it sounds like barely enough time... is the F terminal worth going to instead of the F lounge then?
Since you are arriving from Schengen (PRG) it won't take much longer to go to the FCT than to the FCL and security is a lot easier in the FCT. I'd go to the FCT to ensure you get a limo ride to your plane.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Aegean or LH Lounge @ ATH?

Hi,
just a quick question. Would you rather recommend the LH or the Aegean Business Lounge in ATH?
Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by sebblum
Hi,
just a quick question. Would you rather recommend the LH or the Aegean Business Lounge in ATH?
Thanks!
Aegean hands down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.