Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:25 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eitlean
On flightstat when I see F8/A5 this means is at least 8 full cost first and 5 discounted first?
Correct.

I didn't know if there was a code to show how many 'award flight seats' are available (even independent of the specific case of LH A380 flights).
O = First Class award
I = Business Class award
X = Economy Class award
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by mcdade
Renewing status question, since this is the first time for me. I reached FTL last year and got the whole 'welcome pack' with the card valid till 2013, and this year I have already reached FTL and it's been updated online till 2015.

So the question is do they send out a new card now or wait till the 2013 one expires? Also this goes for the luggage tags as one of them is getting pretty beat up and I would imagine that I might loose it soon. Would I get a whole new welcome pack cause I haven't seen anything yet and it's been a few weeks already.

Thanks.
Hello mcdade,

You will get the new card a few weeks before the other one expires.

Normally you do not get new luggage tags, and only the FTL card, but you can ask for them and they send it for free(at least this is my experience).
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:28 pm
Suspended

which Lounge/s at T4 JFK and FRA should I tell my friends to hit? they are flying in Biz on LH to FRA and connecting on LH onward after a long planned layover (they are heading to checkout Mainz for a few hours) 1 of them is *G but want to hit a Lounge before heading to Mainz they land @ 5am and onward at 2pm to DBV (Croatia)

if they leave their carry-ons in the Lounge will they beable to get back into that Lounge since their next flight is to Croatia dont know FRAs setup and if all the different areas can be accessed by all no matter where they are flying

TIA!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mcdade
So the question is do they send out a new card now or wait till the 2013 one expires? Also this goes for the luggage tags as one of them is getting pretty beat up and I would imagine that I might loose it soon. Would I get a whole new welcome pack cause I haven't seen anything yet and it's been a few weeks already.
You will receive your new card a few months before the current one expires - around November 2012. I can't remember if they send out new luggage tags with a new card but you may want to request replacements now anyway.

Ooops! I've been beaten by saviox. Still suffering from jetlag.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
which Lounge/s at T4 JFK and FRA should I tell my friends to hit? they are flying in Biz on LH to FRA and connecting on LH onward after a long planned layover (they are heading to checkout Mainz for a few hours) 1 of them is *G but want to hit a Lounge before heading to Mainz they land @ 5am and onward at 2pm to DBV (Croatia)

if they leave their carry-ons in the Lounge will they beable to get back into that Lounge since their next flight is to Croatia dont know FRAs setup and if all the different areas can be accessed by all no matter where they are flying

TIA!
LH Senator Lounge in JFK T1, the Welcome Lounge in FRA on arrival, and a Senator Lounge close to the departure gate for the DBV flight (possibly the new Senator Lounege in Pier B). They are some of the best LH lounges around (apart from the First Class Lounges).

I don't think they will be able to leave their hand luggage in the Welcome Lounge, but there are left luggage facilities nearby.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LH Senator Lounge in JFK T1, the Welcome Lounge in FRA on arrival, and a Senator Lounge close to the departure gate for the DBV flight (possibly the new Senator Lounege in Pier B). They are some of the best LH lounges around (apart from the First Class Lounges).

I don't think they will be able to leave their hand luggage in the Welcome Lounge, but there are left luggage facilities nearby.
1- Youre correct its T1 not T4, old habits dont go away so fast, for many yrs besides BA everyone else (Foreign Carriers) were out of T4

2- Thanks for the lounge info, I passed it on and added maybe instead of going to the Arrivals Lounge head over to wherever the DBV flight will leave from and go to that Lounge and leave the carryons there. I know they dont want that done but I did it personally when I too had a long (4 hr) layover. I heard about the sq with the old buildings and just had to go but taking my carry-on meant I wasnt gonna beable to. So I locked it up and left it in a Lounge, problem was I ddint think before hand and left it at the closest lounge to the gate we arrived at , so when I got back I had to go all the way to 1 concourse and then run my __ off to another concourse to where my departure connecting flight was leaving from. FRA is no picknick
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:12 am
Original Poster

2- Thanks for the lounge info, I passed it on and added maybe instead of going to the Arrivals Lounge head over to wherever the DBV flight will leave from and go to that Lounge and leave the carryons there. I know they dont want that done but I did it personally when I too had a long (4 hr) layover. I heard about the sq with the old buildings and just had to go but taking my carry-on meant I wasnt gonna beable to. So I locked it up and left it in a Lounge, problem was I ddint think before hand and left it at the closest lounge to the gate we arrived at , so when I got back I had to go all the way to 1 concourse and then run my __ off to another concourse to where my departure connecting flight was leaving from. FRA is no picknick
Well, it's up to them but from the C gate where their JFK flight arrives it will be quite a trek through security to walk to the SEN lounge in Pier B to leave their carry-ons. Although the new SEN lounge is believed to be very nice, the Welcome Lounge has a far better selection of breakfast. Most people on short TATL flights skip breakfast before arrival and head to the Welcome Lounge, which also happens to be on the way to the railway station. Left luggage is close by according to this webpage.

I wouldn't go through additional security to the Pier B SEN lounge on arrival to save a few Euros.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:18 am

Hello,

I'll considering flying IAD->MUC->ARN, F on the first segment and C on the second (no F cabin). It would be a 3-hour layover. Would I be able to use the FCL at MUC? If so would I be able to bring a companion who is on the same flights but in Y?

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kilton
Hello,

I'll considering flying IAD->MUC->ARN, F on the first segment and C on the second (no F cabin). It would be a 3-hour layover. Would I be able to use the FCL at MUC? If so would I be able to bring a companion who is on the same flights but in Y?

Thanks!
Yes and yes.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:58 am

Thanks. :-)
Old Jul 27, 2011, 8:08 am
Suspended

Well, it's up to them but from the C gate where their JFK flight arrives it will be quite a trek through security to walk to the SEN lounge in Pier B to leave their carry-ons. Although the new SEN lounge is believed to be very nice, the Welcome Lounge has a far better selection of breakfast. Most people on short TATL flights skip breakfast before arrival and head to the Welcome Lounge, which also happens to be on the way to the railway station. Left luggage is close by according to this webpage.

I wouldn't go through additional security to the Pier B SEN lounge on arrival to save a few Euros.
Thanks passed it along, they said when they looked earlier that the 380 they will be on was showing arriving into B and that they leave from B , so if thats the case, they said they will see where they end up pulling into and then decide whats best
Old Jul 27, 2011, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks passed it along, they said when they looked earlier that the 380 they will be on was showing arriving into B and that they leave from B , so if thats the case, they said they will see where they end up pulling into and then decide whats best
Yes, I've seen the A380 arriving at a B gate as well but more recently it seems to arrive at a C gate.

Even though arrivals from the US (just like arrivals from the UK) should no longer require security screening before a connecting flight or going to a lounge in the departure area, the layout of FRA may not allow this and security for connecting passengers seems to be a lot tighter than it used to be - one of the reasons why I suggest going to the Welcome Lounge on arrival.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: BD*G, VS Gold, BA Silver, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Question New M/M memeber - sign up promotion

Can someone tell me the best M/M sign up promotion.

I do not think i signed up with one and I am about to fly Swiss.

Also is there any advantage to registering in US, UK or Switzerland?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:58 am

LH ticket purchase for UK residents

I do not have any discount LH voucher for flights departing from UK to Europe anymore, and I am now full time in the UK, so life is bad

Up to now, I always booked my LH tickets via the LH webpage to make use of the discount vouchers.

So I was wondering now, what is the best option for UK residents to buy LH tickets not using the LH webpage?

I want to maximize the points, reduce the price if possible and avoid additional costs (Ticket Service Charge). I was thinking about Expedia, to get Nectar points. Others might be Tesco, moneysupermarket, etc.

Any advise (voucher? ) is welcome.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Yes, I've seen the A380 arriving at a B gate as well but more recently it seems to arrive at a C gate.

Even though arrivals from the US (just like arrivals from the UK) should no longer require security screening before a connecting flight or going to a lounge in the departure area, the layout of FRA may not allow this and security for connecting passengers seems to be a lot tighter than it used to be - one of the reasons why I suggest going to the Welcome Lounge on arrival.
I heard from them, they pulled into the B gates and checked out both the Biz and new SEN lounges, food basically the same but it ends there, decor the Biz is basic while the SEN is very nice.

* it seems there are apx 30 lockers with keys that will fit a 21" roller board, so they each took a locker and saved having to pay Left Luggage anything, Just they hdd to leave a CC or drivers license as security till the key is returned to the front desk. I guess anything more then 1 piece and either just leave it somewhere or pay that luggage room you mentioned. Also they arrived at 5am could be arriving much later on the lockers may all be taken already, but worth the shot IMO

the only really bad thing is their FRA-DBV OU flight was some 6 1/2 hrs delayed due to MX so if they make it to the resort by 1am they will be lucky and they change hotels tommorrow. no mention of any compensation, although Croatia and its airline arent within the EU, since germany is I emailed them to look into if they are covered by the EU law since they were departing FRA as o what if anything their comp should be and not to accept anything as final till they know the max they are entitled to

they Thank you for all the assitance you provided them with and said it helped them navigate FRA much easier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.