Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jmittle
Can someone tell me the best M/M sign up promotion.

I do not think i signed up with one and I am about to fly Swiss.

Also is there any advantage to registering in US, UK or Switzerland?
There doesn't seem to be any sign-up promotion at present. The only one I've seen is mentioned this post but I don't know if it still works.

I'm sure you are aware you can credit miles from Swiss flights to your BD account.

I don't think there's much difference whether you use an address in US, UK or Switzerland. Status members registered in the US used to get additional benefits, e.g. award discount vouchers at Christmas for SEN, but they seem to have been "enhanced away". Members in Switzerland get a Swiss logo on their M&M card.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
I heard from them, they pulled into the B gates and checked out both the Biz and new SEN lounges, food basically the same but it ends there, decor the Biz is basic while the SEN is very nice.

* it seems there are apx 30 lockers with keys that will fit a 21" roller board, so they each took a locker and saved having to pay Left Luggage anything, Just they hdd to leave a CC or drivers license as security till the key is returned to the front desk. I guess anything more then 1 piece and either just leave it somewhere or pay that luggage room you mentioned. Also they arrived at 5am could be arriving much later on the lockers may all be taken already, but worth the shot IMO

the only really bad thing is their FRA-DBV OU flight was some 6 1/2 hrs delayed due to MX so if they make it to the resort by 1am they will be lucky and they change hotels tommorrow. no mention of any compensation, although Croatia and its airline arent within the EU, since germany is I emailed them to look into if they are covered by the EU law since they were departing FRA as o what if anything their comp should be and not to accept anything as final till they know the max they are entitled to

they Thank you for all the assitance you provided them with and said it helped them navigate FRA much easier
It's interesting that LH401 seems to be arriving at a B gate again recently.

Thanks for the information about the lockers. I'm sure others will find it useful. I'll try and incorporate it in the FRA connection guide.

Sorry to hear about the flight delay. Not sure how easy it will be for them to get compensation but they were certainly entitled to assistance under duty of care (food, telephone calls, etc.).

BTW the lounge I suggested for them was the Welcome (Arrival) Lounge which is landside on the arrival level close to baggage claim B, and not one of the Business Lounges.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:31 am

25% executive bonus confusion

heyy, so I'll be travelling LH on Z fare from BAH-JFK roundtrip. According to the M&M mileage calculator I should earn 26448miles in total. Since I'm a FTL, I should also earn 25% executive bonus, and according to the calculator after the bonus, the total miles I will earn will be equal to 29754.

But, that according to my math is only 12.5% bonus, so what happened to the other 12.5%?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by ekanshsharma
heyy, so I'll be travelling LH on Z fare from BAH-JFK roundtrip. According to the M&M mileage calculator I should earn 26448miles in total. Since I'm a FTL, I should also earn 25% executive bonus, and according to the calculator after the bonus, the total miles I will earn will be equal to 29754.

But, that according to my math is only 12.5% bonus, so what happened to the other 12.5%?
ahh, never mind figured it out, 12.5% bonus of 200% equals 25% bonus of 100% miles acquired.

M&M is very cheeky !
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:55 am
Original Poster

ahh, never mind figured it out, 12.5% bonus of 200% equals 25% bonus of 100% miles acquired.
Correct. You earn 25% of the base miles as bonus.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:43 pm

Unhappy Lufthansa schedule change - my stupid questions

I apologise in advance if I'm in the wrong place with this one!

In December 2010 I booked flights in business with Lufthansa using miles.
It's an I ticket which Lufthansa tell me is just an award class ticket.

I went into the booking a couple of weeks ago to update where I would be staying and discovered that the schedule for the return flight has changed. The flight is a little earlier, meaning more hanging around at Frankfurt, the aircraft type has been changed from A330-300 to 747-400.

The status still shows as "Schedule change"
At what point are they likely to confirm it?
Might they change the plane again?
Do I need to keep checking just in case they cancel my seat reservations
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Mariebl
I apologise in advance if I'm in the wrong place with this one!

In December 2010 I booked flights in business with Lufthansa using miles.
It's an I ticket which Lufthansa tell me is just an award class ticket.

I went into the booking a couple of weeks ago to update where I would be staying and discovered that the schedule for the return flight has changed. The flight is a little earlier, meaning more hanging around at Frankfurt, the aircraft type has been changed from A330-300 to 747-400.

The status still shows as "Schedule change"
At what point are they likely to confirm it?
Might they change the plane again?
Do I need to keep checking just in case they cancel my seat reservations
Hello Mariebl,

You did not receive a mail from M&M with the schedule change?

In the past, when this happened to me, I got a mail with the information and I was allowed to change the flights without paying the 50 euros penalty fee, but it was a minor change.

You may check from time to time but I would be surprised that you face a new schedule change. This occurs very few times and I understand it happened to you because the original flights were booked a long time ago.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Newbie question, and this seemed like the right place to post it. I just booked 2 seats in Y on LH 455 SFO-FRA for me and Mrs. drryan. expertflyer shows several seats on the A380 in rows 50-57 that are empty, but marked as "P", presumably premium seats. how does one reserve those seats? Mrs. drryan and i are both star gold United 1Ks. i can't seem to select those seats online.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drryan
Newbie question, and this seemed like the right place to post it. I just booked 2 seats in Y on LH 455 SFO-FRA for me and Mrs. drryan. expertflyer shows several seats on the A380 in rows 50-57 that are empty, but marked as "P", presumably premium seats. how does one reserve those seats? Mrs. drryan and i are both star gold United 1Ks. i can't seem to select those seats online.
I believe Y seats near the front of the aircraft (marked P on ExpertFlyer) can only pre-assigned by SEN and HON (M&M *G) and by full-fare (B & Y) passengers.

There's some discussion on this in the following thread if anyone is interested:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...p-blocked.html
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:49 am

Question about a *A award: If I book an award flight on LH via CO's site, will I see the reservation on LH's site and be able to select seats?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:59 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by kilton
Question about a *A award: If I book an award flight on LH via CO's site, will I see the reservation on LH's site and be able to select seats?
How I do it is I phone Lufthansa and get the LH record number. Then you will be able to use the lufthansa.com to view and select seats (if allowed for the sector you are flying).

-Brian
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:04 am

Great, thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:47 am

hi, im not sure whether i should post it under UA forum or miles and more. But since my question pertains to earning miles on my miles and more account, here goes.

So I'm making a booking on UA, through UA website for a Z class fare. The miles travelled is 6835 miles. According to UA's website http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,3122,00.html I should earn 100% miles, but when I go to my miles and more account and there it says that on UA flights on Z fare I should earn 200% of the number of miles flown. https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002.

How many miles will I actually earn now?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:58 am
Original Poster

hi, im not sure whether i should post it under UA forum or miles and more. But since my question pertains to earning miles on my miles and more account, here goes.

So I'm making a booking on UA, through UA website for a Z class fare. The miles travelled is 6835 miles. According to UA's website http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,3122,00.html I should earn 100% miles, but when I go to my miles and more account and there it says that on UA flights on Z fare I should earn 200% of the number of miles flown. https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002.

How many miles will I actually earn now?
If you are crediting miles to your M&M account, what you find on the M&M website should apply. You will earn 13,670 miles.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Not a member of M&M, have very basic questions which don't seem to be in the guide:

a) the burn rates
Did not find any redemption-rate info in the "Read This First" thread, there's a long section on earning, also status, lounges and aircraft but nothing on burn rates. Eventually got on to a "Meilenrechner" on the LH site somehow.. should this be in the guide?

And is the one-way 75% of the return? The Meilenrechner seems to think it's 50%

And is there a special redemption rate for 2 people, or something you can do once per year?

b) the cost of buying miles (if this is possible?)
Again couldn't find this in the guide

Many thanks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.