Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Manx Flyer

I am looking at upgrading my LH511 EZE-FRA flight next week (still checking availability) from C to F. I have 2 questions. If it is an award upgrade do you get award and status miles generated by that leg of the flight? (If so I hit SEN on the way back!).

M&M website says the C class flight is not upgradable 0 is that because there are some legs that cannot be upgraded (there is IOM-MAN with Flybe and MAN-FRA with BMI before the LH flight and similar onthe return), or is there another reason?

I am conntecting from FRA to BHX after the EZE flight - can I use the FCL at FRA? I have about 1 hour 50 on the ground - is that enough time?

Many thanks.
ad 1) You get award and status miles for the paid COS. In your case C then

ad 2) LH web page is extremely irritating when it comes to upg a flight online. It displays flights as "not upgradable" more often than not. I have had more luck using this page to upg:
https://muaenduser.staralliance.com/...EB/upgrade.do#

ad 3) Yes you can (assuming you have successfully upg your flight of course). Should be enough time to hit the lounge.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Hi guys,

How long does it usually take for miles to post? I'm new to the M&M game but I thought accounts are updated on Thursday?

Travelled with LX LHR-GVA-LHR on Tuesday and made sure my temporary M&M card number was in the booking (called as well as entering it in MMB on the LH website) but still showing 0 miles in my account...
Old Jul 22, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by clubman
Hi guys,

How long does it usually take for miles to post? I'm new to the M&M game but I thought accounts are updated on Thursday?

Travelled with LX LHR-GVA-LHR on Tuesday and made sure my temporary M&M card number was in the booking (called as well as entering it in MMB on the LH website) but still showing 0 miles in my account...
LX normally takes 3 to 4 days to post, though there have been some reports of temp. numbers taking an extra day or two longer. Once it's posted, your status match should be processed on Thursday next week (assuming that's why you specifically mention Thursday).
Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by matt in france
Once it's posted, your status match should be processed on Thursday next week (assuming that's why you specifically mention Thursday).
Indeed, thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
BHX-FRA-EZE

Newcomer to *A and LH - just burning the last of my DC miles. Have booked a weekend in EZE flying LH C.

I've confused myself with the 'Transfer in FRA' thread and worked out FRA-EZE is a 744 with sloping seats? I'm assuming it has AVOD.

How's the food? Is it one of these 'light' options as it's a 22:50 departure? And how's the lounge food?

If anyone has any advice or can point me in the right direction for info I would be most grateful.

TIA / MfG...
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by majoreyeswater
Newcomer to *A and LH - just burning the last of my DC miles. Have booked a weekend in EZE flying LH C.

I've confused myself with the 'Transfer in FRA' thread and worked out FRA-EZE is a 744 with sloping seats? I'm assuming it has AVOD.

How's the food? Is it one of these 'light' options as it's a 22:50 departure? And how's the lounge food?

If anyone has any advice or can point me in the right direction for info I would be most grateful.

TIA / MfG...
All LH C seats are the same at present. They are lie flat but not horizontal. And they do have AVOD.

Here are some threads/posts about C seats on the 747.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...z-seat-1a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ml#post5432123

You can check the menu for July and August here. The same menu is served on all longhaul flights ex-Germany. If you want a light option they'll just serve the hors d'oeuvre, cheese and dessert. Food in the Business Lounge isn't all that exciting.

On your return (if you have the time) you can use the Welcome Lounge in FRA which offers a very nice selection of breakfast.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:27 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by William S
Hmm I was just wondering of how many HONs there are? Can't be too many since it seems like you need to fly more than Lufthansa's pilots.
I've seen 7,500 mentioned a few times on FT.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Manx Flyer
M&M website says the C class flight is not upgradable 0 is that because there are some legs that cannot be upgraded (there is IOM-MAN with Flybe and MAN-FRA with BMI before the LH flight and similar onthe return), or is there another reason?
Since you can only upgrade one (M&M) leg at a time the reason why you can't upgrade must be something else. It will be quicker to give M&M a call.

I am conntecting from FRA to BHX after the EZE flight - can I use the FCL at FRA? I have about 1 hour 50 on the ground - is that enough time?
If you manage to upgrade to F, try and go to the FCL in B on arrival. Very similar facilities as the FCT and you'll be driven to your BHX flight.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Special Meal

Asked this before in the special meal thread but didnt get a response. Flying F DUSORD next month and based on the current menu thinking about ordering a special meal. So if I order a non-fish meal will it just guarantee that I have the non-fish option that is already offered....does anyone have any recent experience ordering a non-fish meal in F and know if its chicken or something like that?

The agent I spoke with made it sound like the entire meal is just pre-packaged and you wouldn't get any of the other sides either.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: LH FTL, TK Classic+
LH flight awards and software tools

Hi there

I'm looking at using some points to let my wife experience Lufthansa first class with me (destination not decided yet). Are Senators allowed book travel awards in First on the LH A380? What software tools are out there to see what award availability is on the planes? I see many people on flyertalk mention the KVS availability tool (looks like I need to pay for at least the platinum membership to see LH awards?). I assume there is no free software out there that shows seats available for booking flights with points?

Many thanks for any help and for this great Newbie Forum.

Last edited by eitlean; Jul 24, 2011 at 2:44 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by eitlean
What software tools are out there to see what award availability is on the planes? I see many people on flyertalk mention the KVS availability tool (looks like I need to pay for at least the platinum membership to see LH awards?). I assume there is no free software out there that shows seats available for booking flights with points?
KVS just screen scrapes from miles-and-more.com and the ANA tool, both of which are as you know free. AwardNexus.com has a free version that uses the ANA tool, but ANA shows less inventory then miles-and-more.com
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I'll go soon from FRA to DEN (business D) and thought about upgrade to first with miles.

1. this will only cost me award and no status miles - right?
2. how many miles will i get then for this flight - the one for business or the one for first?

I'm currently FTL and short before to earn SEN so i don't want to risk any status miles
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by root66
I'll go soon from FRA to DEN (business D) and thought about upgrade to first with miles.

1. this will only cost me award and no status miles - right?
2. how many miles will i get then for this flight - the one for business or the one for first?!

I'm currently FTL and short before to earn SEN so i don't want to risk any status miles
Welcome to FT, root66!

Correct. Upgrading with miles will only cost you award miles. Your status miles will not be affected.

You will only get miles for the fare you have paid, in this case Business miles.

Hope your upgrade clears and you enjoy flying in First!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:14 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by eitlean
I see many people on flyertalk mention the KVS availability tool (looks like I need to pay for at least the platinum membership to see LH awards?).
Indeed, starting from the Platinum level (http://Levels.KVSTool.com/), the KVS Tool has comprehensive coverage for Award Availability across the entire Star Alliance network and you can also easily check the extended M&M Award Availability and special Elite Award Availability for M&M SEN members.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS
...you can also easily check the extended M&M Award Availability and special Elite Award Availability for M&M SEN members.
Interesting. Does it actually show First Class award availability on the A380 which are only currently available to SEN and HON members?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.