Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles & More credit card for Netherlands gone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Miles & More credit card for Netherlands gone?

I just noticed that the Dutch Miles & More VISA credit card is no longer available. Or at least, the link on the M&M website has disappeared.

In the Netherlands, Paysquare is the VISA card issuer for Miles and More, their website states that is is no longer possible to request a Miles and More credit card with them.

Anybody who knows more about this?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Interesting. I have said M&M creditcard issued by PaySquare and I have not received anything saying they would discontinue it or anything like that, so I wonder if they are just not accepting new customers or if they are going to discontinue it altogether.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by mfkne
Interesting. I have said M&M creditcard issued by PaySquare and I have not received anything saying they would discontinue it or anything like that, so I wonder if they are just not accepting new customers or if they are going to discontinue it altogether.
+1
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I don't think they will discontinue, on the paysquare site you still have choice to add features to your card. However they clearly mention that new cards will not be issued anymore.

Unfortunately nothing on the M&M site, so I sent them an email to find out. Too bad, actually I was interested in the VISA card.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 2:01 pm

I wonder if you could get the German M&M card instead. The only thing you need is a German bank account - something you can get from DKB for free (and they'll give you quite a few miles on top: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=de&cid=18002 )
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Not sure if this is relevant but M&M credit cards in the UK (from MBNA) ceased to be available to new applicants some time in the summer of 2009. Later earnings for existing card holders were reduced from 2 miles for each £1 spent to 1.5 miles.

Then M&M credit cards became available to new applicants again but the sign-up bonus was reduced from 6,000 miles to 1,500 miles.

I wonder if similar "enhancements" are also contemplated in the Netherlands.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:28 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
I wonder if you could get the German M&M card instead. The only thing you need is a German bank account - something you can get from DKB for free (and they'll give you quite a few miles on top: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=de&cid=18002 )
So it's possible as a non-German resident to open the DKB konto. To get a the M&M card they only require a German account but no German income?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:35 am
Original Poster

It seems to be able to open up the DKB Konto when living abroad. However it requires you to identify yourself by going to a notary.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:14 am

Yes, you can definitely get a DKB bank account when living abroad - I have one myself. You can either go to a notary in the Netherlands (if I recall correctly DKB refunds up to 20 EUR for notary fees) or to any bank in the Netherlands to have your identity verified. Alternatively you can also go to any post office in Germany to have this done there.

As far as the German M&M credit card is concerned, I saw on the application form that you can select a country of residence other than Germany, so I would assume one can get the card even if not living in Germany, so long as you have a German bank account.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:55 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Confirmed: Gone

Hi,

Was curious on this, thus called PaySquare and yes they confirmed that it is indeed gone because M&M pulled out working with them. They had no info further and asked me to contact M&M for this. Will surely give M&M a call since I am now switching from my card from the AMEX FB to one from M&M.

Did apply for the M&M card from DE, but still waiting for a response from them.

As for the previous posters suggestion to open an account with DKB, the last time I tried I was rejected, no idea why. But I do have an account with Deutsche Bank -> quite high fees, but ok, no other choice.

Will keep you updated from my findings from M&M.

Cheers!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
FYI: DKB issues the M&M Mastercard in Germany, so if you have checking 'giro' account with them it helps to get the CC
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:35 am

I'm just wondering when they intend on notifying existing card holders. Or maybe they won't notify them at all because nothing's going to change for them? I guess we all shall see.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

No update

Just called M&M, and they had no idea who or what the new card will be in NL. In their system it is still stated that PaySquare is the card issuer. Told to call back in 2 weeks time.

Cheers!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Just called M&M, and they had no idea who or what the new card will be in NL. In their system it is still stated that PaySquare is the card issuer. Told to call back in 2 weeks time.

Cheers!
Please keep us posted! I need to get rid of my FB amex card since Flying Poo really isn't worth saving miles on any more and would like to switch to a M&M card.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Just got an answer from M&M service team. According to them, the co-operation between Miles & More and PaySquare as well as ICS will end soon and for this reason they currently do not offer a Miles & More Credit Card in the Netherlands.

No alternative offer, so that leaves me with the German M&M card as the only option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.