Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:38 am

Trying to get your opinion on which seat is better for 2 people. I'm currently in the 747 1A,1C but I see that there are 2 rows completely open in row 26 and 27. Should we move to the middle seats so we have more room or is the first row of the 747 better/more special? Thanks!

Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by hamburglar
Trying to get your opinion on which seat is better for 2 people. I'm currently in the 747 1A,1C but I see that there are 2 rows completely open in row 26 and 27. Should we move to the middle seats so we have more room or is the first row of the 747 better/more special? Thanks!

Hi,

I love 1A/1C when traveling with Mrs m4l but others have different ideas.

Some of the advantages are that is quiet and you get served first, which is good if you want to go to sleep straight after dinner/lunch.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Does the FRA FCL have passport control services like the MUC FCL has? Or will I have to go through normal passport control like the rest of the passengers / plebeians?

I'll be arriving from a non-Schengen country (USA) and plan to go to the FCT to wait for my connecting flight on LH.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

I love 1A/1C when traveling with Mrs m4l but others have different ideas.

Some of the advantages are that is quiet and you get served first, which is good if you want to go to sleep straight after dinner/lunch.
I agree that 1A/1C are the best pair of seats in the house. 9A/C and 9H/K are also good but they are usually blocked and have the danger of a crying infant nearby.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Does the FRA FCL have passport control services like the MUC FCL has? Or will I have to go through normal passport control like the rest of the passengers / plebeians?

I'll be arriving from a non-Schengen country (USA) and plan to go to the FCT to wait for my connecting flight on LH.
No passport control in the FRA FCLs. Where is your next destination?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No passport control in the FRA FCLs. Where is your next destination?
Thanks for responding so quickly! I'll be flying inbound in LH F from IAD, connecting to FCO, also on LH. I'll have a 2.75 hour layover in FRA.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Thanks for responding so quickly! I'll be flying inbound in LH F from IAD, connecting to FCO, also on LH. I'll have a 2.75 hour layover in FRA.
Your choice is either to go through passport control (no security) to the FCL A which is brand new and very nice or through passport control and walk to the FCT.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Your choice is either to go through passport control (no security) to the FCL A which is brand new and very nice or through passport control and walk to the FCT.
I've always found myself going through security when moving from the B-gates to the A-gates. Or have I simply taken a wrong turn every time?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH4116
I've always found myself going through security when moving from the B-gates to the A-gates. Or have I simply taken a wrong turn every time?
If you go anywhere near B gates you are doomed. I don't know of anyway to avoid transfer security if you arrive in B and depart from any gate. I'm assuming Wiirachay's flight from IAD will arrive at a Z gate.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA Platinum Pro; Marriott Platinum
Using USAir Miles/ANA Award Tool

Hi, All:

I'm a new silver on USAir and am 12 segments from hitting gold (so many segment stops in PHX and CLT) this year. Since I have about 100K Dividend Miles I wanted to fly Envoy/First/Business from DCA to LHR in February. I don't want to use zero out my Dividend Miles Balance, so I "think" I can use the ANA search tool to find star alliance award availability. I know that ANA awards are mileage based, but that's where I'm stuck... Do I find the flight using the ANA and then play a little agent roulette to get the ANA "rate" from the USAir?

Hope this makes sense...

DCADAVIS
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCADavis
Hi, All:

I'm a new silver on USAir and am 12 segments from hitting gold (so many segment stops in PHX and CLT) this year. Since I have about 100K Dividend Miles I wanted to fly Envoy/First/Business from DCA to LHR in February. I don't want to use zero out my Dividend Miles Balance, so I "think" I can use the ANA search tool to find star alliance award availability. I know that ANA awards are mileage based, but that's where I'm stuck... Do I find the flight using the ANA and then play a little agent roulette to get the ANA "rate" from the USAir?

Hope this makes sense...

DCADAVIS
Although this is the forum for 'Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)' I hope I can answer your question.

The ANA search tool simply allows you to search for Star Alliance award availability. Award rates displayed on their website only apply to people burning ANA miles. It is not possible to use any other program's rate if you are burning US DM miles for your award. I understand US DM charges more miles to fly on US Airways flights than on partner airlines' flights. So if you can find awards on United for example, you may not need as many miles as you do on US Airways flights.

You'll need 100K miles to fly on a Star Alliance partner airline in Business between the US and Europe return. You will need between 100K miles (low season) and 325K miles (high season) to fly the same route on US Airways in Envoy. Unless your travel is during the low season it will be 'cheaper' to fly on partner airlines. (If February is the low season you'll need the same number of miles whether you fly on US or on other airlines.)

As far as I know United is the only Star Alliance airline which flies betweem the East Coast and LHR. Since it may not be easy to get an award on United, you might also like to check some European airlines which are Star Alliance members for award availability and add a connecting flight to LHR.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA Platinum Pro; Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the answer!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:30 pm

Hi,

If I'm flying YYZ MUC in F, when I arrive in MUC at 7:35am, can I access the lounge on arrival to shower?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by japes
Hi,

If I'm flying YYZ MUC in F, when I arrive in MUC at 7:35am, can I access the lounge on arrival to shower?
Yes. After deplaning follow the signs for H departure gates rather than the Exit. The entrance to the First Class Lounge is near gate H21. You can even go through passport control within the lounge. When you are ready to leave just go downstairs.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:12 am

Hello ALL,

First time on LH, please be gentle

I'm connecting in MUC next week to Spain.

Seats & Meals: trying online, I'm able to chose meals and allocate my seat for the incoming flight to MUC, but wasn't able for the MUC-BCN (LH1816) then a week later MAD-MUC (LH1807). Is this normal ? Should I call LH ? On expertflyer I see all seats are wide open.

Connection: MUC is easy to navigate ? 2 hours should be sufficient to clear customs/immigration ? Is that the case ? All my flights arrive & depart from T2.

Any advice for first time on LH ? tips to score exit seats ? arriving early to check-in ?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.