Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by N1003U

I would really be interested to hear someone inside the industry claim publicly that they don't see FFPs as strategically important anymore.
Me too. Spend 1050 for HEL-FRA-NRT return in W, V, S and earn 50% miles from 1.1.2014. And 717-780 in L earns 25% miles.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Me too. Spend 1050 for HEL-FRA-NRT return in W, V, S and earn 50% miles from 1.1.2014. And 717-780 in L earns 25% miles.
And most likely 90%+ of those traveling don't care a thing about the miles earned because they don't travel enough that it makes any difference....
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Used SWISS Passbook BP for the first time today. For some reason however my TK*G status wouldn't show up on the BP, hence the status field is left empty. Will the miles be credited anyway, or will I have to retro-claim them? Also can the check-in desk enter the status manually (on a paper BP though)? I've had some issues in the past with status not showing up on the BP, where I've been forced to retro-claim.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Could anybody help me with CA-LH codeshare class equivalents?

One of my CA flights got cancelled and I want to get myself rebooked to an LH operated CA codeshare flight. But I want to put the miles to M&B so would like to get a mileage earning LH class. My original CA class is V.
thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by kanor
But I want to put the miles to M&B so would like to get a mileage earning LH class. My original CA class is V.
thanks!
I am guessing Air China V would equal one of the lower fare buckets on LH, e.g T E K L. On the other hand, the people at A3 are rather incompetent when it comes to codeshares so in case the miles don't credit, just call them again and say you had booking class V on LH, and maybe they will give you the mileage for that class. Otherwise you can try and claim the miles for your original flights.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by LH4116
Otherwise you can try and claim the miles for your original flights.
Is this a possible scenario? I mean A3 has nothing to do with CA's decision to cancel, or LH's classes for that matter. I am guessing it would only work if the carrier at fault is the owner of the FF programme.

Btw I am really angry at CA, I had a carefully selected direct flight, taking off after midnight, sleeping, landing in the early morning. And then its gone and the automatic rebooking put me in the same flight, but 2 (!) days later.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by kanor
Is this a possible scenario? I mean A3 has nothing to do with CA's decision to cancel, or LH's classes for that matter. I am guessing it would only work if the carrier at fault is the owner of the FF programme.
In case if IRROPS it should be possible, e.g if you get re-booked to an airline outside *A one can claim the original miles. But maybe in this case it works differently.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA
combining accounts/miles with wife

Will M&M on LH allow me to combine my miles with my wife?
we each have ~50k and wish I could move them together to make 100k making aspirational award MUCH easier
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
No. But if you want to travel together, and you're not a SEN, it doesn't really matter if you book two award tickets from the same account, or from 2 separate accounts.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 1:35 am

Having a Question regarding collecting Miles on Flights: Wanted to go BSL-HAM and return. On the LH-Page at "Flight Options" it says, with connection in FRA, I will get 1500 Miles for BSL-HAM and another 1500 Miles for HAM-BSL, same connection in FRA..On the next Page, "Price", its says, I will only get 2500 Miles (plus Exec Bonus) -> so, whats happening here? Which is correct?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Economy flights within Germany in most classes give you 500 miles per segment. So 2500 seems like a correct number. 500 HAM-FRA, 750 FRA-BSL and vice versa.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Most discounted eco classes only give 125miles per segment in Europe.... but I guess that's not the case here. It should then be 500 per segment in Germany and 750 for each of the DE-CH segments, unless you are in B/M/Y class.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:23 am

I see...Ok, so that leaves me with the Question, why it says on the Page where I choose my Connections, that I will get 1500 Miles per BSL-FRA-HAM and another 1500 for HAM-FRA-BSL - while on the next Page, with the billing options, it only says 2500 Miles..

Kinda strange.
Still, I do need the Trip and will book it anyway - so: Thanks for your Hints!

By the Way, it said "W"-Class..
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:24 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have noticed that during booking you may see the number of miles next to 'Mileage Credit' which turns out to be different from what you see after you proceed to 'Fare Review' and click 'Calculate the miles that will be accrued for the selected flights'. It may be because the booking class has changed depending on the return (or outbound) flight you have selected but I've found the number of miles you see when selecting flight options is not always accurate.

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
I see...Ok, so that leaves me with the Question, why it says on the Page where I choose my Connections, that I will get 1500 Miles per BSL-FRA-HAM and another 1500 for HAM-FRA-BSL - while on the next Page, with the billing options, it only says 2500 Miles..
As I explained the flight selection page sometimes does not give you accurate information regarding the number of miles.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's why the calculations all come with a disclaimer..... but you can simply find the answer you need here: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000327

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.