Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by joediver
So the same LH flight that may charge me $69 booked through UA will cost me over $600 if booked with M&M?
spot on
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:57 pm

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here

Can I book through UA even though I have all my miles on LH? How does that work? Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Can I book through UA even though I have all my miles on LH? How does that work? Thanks
No, I have plenty of UA miles to use. I was thinking of transferring points from SPG to M&M as award seats are open. I'll wait until 3-4 days out and change my UA J seats to LX using UA miles
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:09 pm

I know that this question should be already ask, but I am reading and trying to find an answer with no result yet.

I am Flying CCS-FRA in LH F then FRA-SIN in SG F, can i Use the FCL in FRA with my boarding pass from the flight from CCS in F, even thought that I am fliying F in Singapuere out of FRA.

Thank you for your help, I would love to use the FCL, the ffod is amazing and they have the Cigar Lounge, my Fav place
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:47 am

Does anyone know if miles on Luxair are transferrable to KF? I understand Luxair isn't part of *A, so I don't know how the miles are going to work.

Also, is there an interline agreement between Lux and SQ?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by carenero
I am Flying CCS-FRA in LH F then FRA-SIN in SG F, can i Use the FCL in FRA with my boarding pass from the flight from CCS in F, even thought that I am fliying F in Singapuere out of FRA.
Yes you can. Enjoy the cigar lounge
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:28 pm

Thank you hdogan
Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
If I book ANA flight MUC-HND for spring 2014 in booking class W and booking will be made from LH.com and flight will be LH1234 operated by ANA ticketing. Will I then get miles for M&M from that new earning list W with LH miles 50% or W with NH miles 100%?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
If I book ANA flight MUC-HND for spring 2014 in booking class W and booking will be made from LH.com and flight will be LH1234 operated by ANA ticketing. Will I then get miles for M&M from that new earning list W with LH miles 50% or W with NH miles 100%?
You will get the partner airline miles accrual, so NH W-class since that's the operating carrier. But don't expect that 100% to last past January 1st.

Changes to partner airlines are never communicated before the change happens, so expect all or most of those accruals also to be changed soon.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
You will get the partner airline miles accrual.
Changes to partner airlines are never communicated before the change happens, so expect all or most of those accruals also to be changed soon.
Thank you. LHs new miles earning etc makes me want to change program and carrier. I guess the trend is the same with all carriers, so Ill choose schedule and comfort over loyalty.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

General rule is that when flying economy having status with the operating airline might be worthwhile.... but it might not :-). And since prices in Y can vary wildly I would almost certainly look at price first.
But when I fly LH in Y and get to choose an exit row I do feel that's worth something. But I'm just waiting for the day I'll have to pay for that as well.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
But when I fly LH in Y and get to choose an exit row I do feel that's worth something. But I'm just waiting for the day I'll have to pay for that as well.
I agree. With FT status I could opt middle exit row 26 no for all LH flights. Or it is just open for everyone.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I agree. With FT status I could opt middle exit row 26 no for all LH flights. Or it is just open for everyone.
Are you referring to row 26 on the A346? I thought nobody could reserve exit seats in row 26 in advance. Exit rows on other aircraft can only be reserved in advance by SEN/HON.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
I guess the trend is the same with all carriers, so Ill choose schedule and comfort over loyalty.
This seems to be an emerging theme among frequent flyers.

I would really be interested to hear someone inside the industry claim publicly that they don't see FFPs as strategically important anymore.

It is apparent to me that FFPs worldwide are on a trend toward handing every passenger a punch card that gets one punch for every x-thousand ,,$, , etc. spent, then when the card is full it can be redeemed for a sparkling water and snack mix on-board the next qualifying flight...
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Are you referring to row 26 on the A346? I thought nobody could reserve exit seats in row 26 in advance. Exit rows on other aircraft can only be reserved in advance by SEN/HON.
Not AC, HK but DEG.

Last edited by Abducted Alien; Oct 16, 2013 at 9:40 am Reason: keyboard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.