Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:32 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If your friend is a FTL (Frequent Traveller) he can pay €25 to invite you into a Business lounge. It's probably only worthwhile if you have a very long layover in FRA.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lounge-News_en#ancAbT11
the layover is roughly 3 hours...I don't know if it's worth 25€ though...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taxi_driver
the layover is roughly 3 hours...I don't know if it's worth 25€ though...
I would save the money. 25 EUR is a lot of gummy bears.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:38 am

Thanks Oliver2002. That's exactly what I was looking for!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I don't think there is one 'right' answer to a question like this. I agree there's not much point in crediting the miles to M&M unless you credit more miles from future flights to make it worthwhile. Unless you acquire a M&M credit card the chances are those miles will expire before you have enough miles for an award. Mileage Bargains awards within Europe might be worth looking at but taxes and fees can make them very expensive. I'm sure you are aware you don't have to fly AC to collect Aeroplan miles.

You say you don't have any *A miles other than Aeroplan and M&M but later mention a fair number of UA (miles?). If you have a UA MileagePlus account why don't you credit the miles there? You will get 100% for the longhaul though nothing for the Air Dolomiti flights.
(Bolding mine) Because I am stupid and obviously failed reading comprehension
I had gone to the LH page to see all the airlines I could possibly credit to and at what level for my booking classes and, on the first page, there is a list of airlines and UA was not among them. Had I actually read it further, it said: 'Please note the changes in the mileage allocation for the following airlines' but I took it to be the list of allowable airlines to credit to. Duh!

So solves that problem as I will take too much of an Aeroplan hit (and, while I know I can earn without flying AC, it was more in terms of using them - but I would have credited there if not for the mileage hit), the UA miles will add to my total, some coming from a Chase UA card, so the miles will never expire.

So you solved my problem. Many thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Finkface
I had gone to the LH page to see all the airlines I could possibly credit to and at what level for my booking classes and, on the first page, there is a list of airlines and UA was not among them.
There really is no LH page where you can see where you can credit your flight to?
You need to look within the program where you have a membership to see how the mileage credit is for LH in the class you booked.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by RTW1
There really is no LH page where you can see where you can credit your flight to?
You need to look within the program where you have a membership to see how the mileage credit is for LH in the class you booked.
There definitely is a list of earning partners but I stopped at the first page in terms of finding the list of airlines I could credit to, which I read wrong - it was merely a list of partners with changes to redemption levels, not a complete list. But I didn't go to the actual list page of partner airlines as I (wrongly) thought the list on the first page was the complete list so I searched no further. I then went to the Aeroplan site to see what my booking classes would earn. As I said, my reading comprehension, or lack thereof, was the problem, not the LH website. Had I gone further to the list of partners, I would have seen UA and then gone to their on their site to check my booking classes.

Last edited by Finkface; Sep 3, 2013 at 11:06 am Reason: Clarifying which site has the info
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There definitely is a list of earning partners but I stopped at the first page in terms of finding the list of airlines I could credit to, which I read wrong - it was merely a list of partners with changes to redemption leels, not a complete list. I then went directly to the Aeroplan website, which is how I found the miles I would receive for my booking classes but I didn't go to the actual list page of partner airlines on LH as I (wrongly) thought the list on the first page was the complete list so I searched no further. As I said, my reading comprehension, or lack thereof, was the problem, not the LH website. Had I gone further to the list of partners, I would have seen UA and then gone to their website to check my booking classes.
The page you should have looked at is this.
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298

Information on M&M/LH website tells you how many miles will be credited to your M&M account by flying on various *A airlines. If you want to check how many miles will be credited to other Frequent Flyer programmes when flying on LH, you will have to check each FFP/airline's website as RTW1 has pointed out.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I really don't get what you are saying..... your post what that you have a flight on LH but want to credit your miles somewhere else....
Then you don't need to look on an LH/M&M page for earning miles on UA. But you need to look at for example a UA Mileage Plus page earning for LH booking classes....

Edit: just saw NewbieRunner post stating the same.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:08 am

The page you should have looked at is this.
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298

Information on M&M/LH website tells you how many miles will be credited to your M&M account by flying on various *A airlines. If you want to check how many miles will be credited to other Frequent Flyer programmes when flying on LH, you will have to check each FFP/airline's website as RTW1 has pointed out.
Sorry, I wasn't that clear. I did go to the AC website to see the earning levels but I didn't go to the UA site because I read the list on the first page of LH partners and it was an incomplete list - it only listed airlines that had changes. I took it to be the complete list and didn't bother checking UA as it wasn't on that list. Had I gone to the actual partner page, I would have seen the complete list, including UA and then gone to the UA site to see the earnings levels. I just didn't read it to notice it was a list of changes, not a full list of partners.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

OK, but it's even easier than that.... LH is in the Star Alliance alliance.
In general all member airlines share a mile earning agreement..... and some programs let you earn on other airlines, but those are getting less and less.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
OK, but it's even easier than that.... LH is in the Star Alliance alliance. In general all member airlines share a mile earning agreement.....
I know, it was a brain freeze. Like I said, I am a *A newbie and I was just having a stupid moment and lacking in reading comprehension
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:25 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I know, it was a brain freeze. Like I said, I am a *A newbie and I was just having a stupid moment and lacking in reading comprehension
Don't worry. This is a newbie lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:03 pm

Don't worry. This is a newbie lounge.
I'm glad I posted in this thread or I would've had to put my Nomex pants on
I feel stupid enough for not seeing/realizing that UA was a partner. I have always credited LH to Aeroplan, being in Canada. But since I swore off AC and redeemed most of my Aeroplan miles, I have been mostly a OW girl or non-alliance gatherer, such as AS miles, as it is so nice to be able to redeem them on so many different carriers. My Ua miles have come from my Chase card but are more useful to me than M&M. But now LH has that nice direct flight YVR-MUC, which makes getting to Italy so easy, so I thought I would try it out. Now if only the upgrade would clear

Last edited by Finkface; Sep 3, 2013 at 2:12 pm
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ah, then you are probably better off transferring miles from Chase UR to UA MP and booking LO with them. Booking LO flights with M&M attracts fuel surcharges that UA doesn't charge you for miles redemptions.
Thanks! I think the biggest issue is flexibility to redeem the awards. Getting everybody in sync and scheduling time off is a pain. How long do you typically have to book in advance for UA award flights?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:02 pm

Hello
Can i change the date of my flight with lufthansa ?
if yes how
thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.