Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 2:50 am

so, im thinking of dropping my special meal order to increase my chances of opup. the agent said dxb-muc on aug 24 is overbooked. is it likely that lufthansa will have an extra asian veg meal on board that I can ask for?

Last edited by imhere2stay; Aug 15, 2013 at 3:03 am
Old Aug 15, 2013, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by imhere2stay
so, im thinking of dropping my special meal order to increase my chances of opup. the agent said dxb-muc on aug 24 is overbooked. is it likely that lufthansa will have an extra asian veg meal on board that I can ask for?
im flying dxb-muc-ord if that helps.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:48 am

Wirelessly posted (Ipod: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Originally Posted by hamburglar
Is there a link to find out what kind of First class product Lufthansa flies? Any thread about it? I cannot find one. Thanks.
If you are talking about hard product there are two types of First Class seats at present. The old First seats and new First seats. The former is found on most Airbuses based in FRA, some Airbuses based in MUC and all aircraft with F based in DUS. The latter is found on all A380s, all B748i's and most Airbuses based in MUC. In addition most 744s (all based in FRA) have the new First seat and a separate bed for each passenger. Check the first post of the First retrocon thread mentioned by RTW1 for more information. On aircraft with upper and lower decks, the 748i has the First Class cabin on the lower deck and the 744 and the A380 have the First Class cabin on the upper deck.

To find what it is like to fly in different First cabins I suggest you check the Trip Reports forum where you will find numerous reports, especially those by SFO777 which include many great photos.
Thanks, that's very helpful. I was trying to figure out if the seat and bed is the new first or not. Looks like there aren't many old first seats anymore.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by imhere2stay
Business -> First can be op uped even when having ordered a special meal.

Economy -> Business can't.

Imho all the Indian routes have more vegetarian choices (1 of the meals at least, even in economy) as quite a lot of Indians are vegatarians anyway (lots of complaints about this from the Non-Indian pax, as you often only 1 choice that is "nice" for European taste)

However, even if Y or C is overbooked, you need to be in a high booking class (especially Ex-FRA, where they operate almost fully according to the book) to have a chance, and/or be HON or SEN at least.

If you're not travelling in Y/B or C/J, and don't hold HON or at least SEN status, I wouldn't even dream of an Op Up.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Imho all the Indian routes have more vegetarian choices (1 of the meals at least, even in economy) as quite a lot of Indians are vegatarians anyway (lots of complaints about this from the Non-Indian pax, as you often only 1 choice that is "nice" for European taste)
The question is about meals on DXB-MUC, which is not an Indian route.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:36 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Mileage calculator is confusing me...

Deleted, my mistake

Last edited by kcaluwae; Aug 19, 2013 at 5:39 am Reason: Made error in calculation.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:26 am

Since no question is too stupid, does anyone know if I get access to the Arrival Lounge in ZRH if I'm flying in on AC from YYZ?
I'm a M&M Frequent Traveller, and the LX website doesn't say I have to arrive on a Swiss flight, but maybe they take that for granted...
And if I should get access, does my BP from the AC flight have to show the M&M Number or is it sufficient if I have a *A BP (with a different FF - Number on it) and my FTL card?

Thanks for any help in advance...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by edoa
Since no question is too stupid, does anyone know if I get access to the Arrival Lounge in ZRH if I'm flying in on AC from YYZ?
I'm a M&M Frequent Traveller, and the LX website doesn't say I have to arrive on a Swiss flight, but maybe they take that for granted...
And if I should get access, does my BP from the AC flight have to show the M&M Number or is it sufficient if I have a *A BP (with a different FF - Number on it) and my FTL card?

Thanks for any help in advance...
Yes, you get access as FTL arriving on a *A flight.

You'll need to show your BP and your FTL card, it doesn't matter whats printed on the BP itself. (Obviously your name need to be matching )
Old Aug 20, 2013, 3:41 am

Yes, you get access as FTL arriving on a *A flight.

You'll need to show your BP and your FTL card, it doesn't matter whats printed on the BP itself. (Obviously your name need to be matching )
Good news, thanks very much for the fast answer!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:28 am

Business -> First can be op uped even when having ordered a special meal.

Economy -> Business can't.

However, even if Y or C is overbooked, you need to be in a high booking class (especially Ex-FRA, where they operate almost fully according to the book) to have a chance, and/or be HON or SEN at least.

If you're not travelling in Y/B or C/J, and don't hold HON or at least SEN status, I wouldn't even dream of an Op Up.
thanks for your reply! im sure this is an exception, but ive been op-uped ex fra even though i was in a low booking class and had a special meal booked(as a sen). the pursuer came to my seat and said if she upgrades me i wont be getting my special meal.

is there i can have a special meal booked for only one leg? i.e. only on dxb-muc and not on muc -ord?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
We have a 3 hour layover and are flying in J. JFK-FRA-BKK, arriving on Lufthansa, departing on Thai.

Do we have enough time to quickly hit up the arrivals lounge, shower, move to the business lounge (eat) and then get to the next gate?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by newaarondavidson
We have a 3 hour layover and are flying in J. JFK-FRA-BKK, arriving on Lufthansa, departing on Thai.

Do we have enough time to quickly hit up the arrivals lounge, shower, move to the business lounge (eat) and then get to the next gate?
There's no need for you to hit up the arrivals lounge, showers are available in business lounges as well. Furthermore, transferring from US to Thailand keeps you out of Schengen. Arrivals lounge would require you to go through 2 passport controls and almost exit the airport and come back in. Not worth it, IMO.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by hdogan
There's no need for you to hit up the arrivals lounge, showers are available in business lounges as well. Furthermore, transferring from US to Thailand keeps you out of Schengen. Arrivals lounge would require you to go through 2 passport controls and almost exit the airport and come back in. Not worth it, IMO.
Perfect, thanks
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:56 am

NA Award Redemption

I know, very newbie question. But confused with their award chart. North America J seats are 55K points but Domestic is only 35K points? So does that mean if i fly from US to Canada or vice versa it's 55K but if i fly within Canada or within US it's only 35K points?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Does LH offer early status qualification? I'm qualifying in a month or so for FTL (lots of M&M flights this year). I don't really need the status (have AC*G and others) but it would sure be nice to have some [more] bling. Also does the status still last two years? Or is it one year now?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.