Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:44 am

so im still trying to learn about open jaws and stop overs on award ticket. can someone please advise if it is possible to book a ticket from dubai to shanghai with a stop over in delhi both ways? how many miles will be required for this award ticket?

if i go straight to book this it will cost 100,000 miles in economy, as this will be considered a 3 region award. is it possible for me to book this for less miles?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
By the book its a 3 Region award (ME-S.Asia-N.Asia). No real way to avoid it.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
If flying on a MUC-based 333 with new C, does that mean its a new aircraft and will have the latest IFE? IME the 747-8 had significantly more choices than 744 despite the retrofit...
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:09 pm

Newby to the M&M program and looking to book partner awards to Australia. If my preferred routing (HNL-AKL-SYD-AKL-HNL) is unavailable, I may have to route HNL-GUM-CNS (open jaw) SYD-AKL(stop)-HNL.

Wanted help to clear up a couple of minor questions. First, 1 open jaw and 1 stopover are allowed on a return award ticket, right?

Also, I see Guam listed under the Australia, New Zealand, & Oceania region but the flight award advisor tool, under Australia, NZ, & Oceania says: "Northern Mariana Islands except Guam". I'm assuming I can just trust the "Regions and destinations" list, but is there any reason to believe otherwise?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by saacman5033
Also, I see Guam listed under the Australia, New Zealand, & Oceania region but the flight award advisor tool, under Australia, NZ, & Oceania says: "Northern Mariana Islands except Guam". I'm assuming I can just trust the "Regions and destinations" list, but is there any reason to believe otherwise?
have booked MAJ-HNL-GUM in the past for 70k in C, hence GUM is considered Oceania for M&M purposes.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
If flying on a MUC-based 333 with new C, does that mean its a new aircraft and will have the latest IFE? IME the 747-8 had significantly more choices than 744 despite the retrofit...
Yes the brand new A330 have the same ex2 system from Panasonic like the 748. The retrofitted A330/346 will have the even better and faster RAVE IFE
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Looks like I'm going to finally get to check out the A380 in C from FRA to IAH.....

So a couple of questions:

I've always enjoyed looking out of the window; however, most of the seats in biz class on the A380 appear to be over the wing. How's the outside view from the back, say from seat 23K?

Should I elect to sit in the back of the A380 in C, will this possibly affect the meal service (in other words, is it possible they will run out of a choice of entrees assuming they serve from front to back)?

Many thanks.....
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
have booked MAJ-HNL-GUM in the past for 70k in C, hence GUM is considered Oceania for M&M purposes.
Thanks for confirming for me!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jlemon
I've always enjoyed looking out of the window; however, most of the seats in biz class on the A380 appear to be over the wing.
Huh? You have the entire upper deck for business class on the A380. The wings on the 380 are big, but they're not THAT big
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hdogan
Huh? You have the entire upper deck for business class on the A380.
Except the first couple of rows.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by hdogan
Huh? You have the entire upper deck for business class on the A380. The wings on the 380 are big, but they're not THAT big
Have you actually looked at the seating chart for the A380?

First class is located forward of the business class section so the entire upper deck is not business class. In addition, there are no business class seats located ahead of the wing. And yes, it's a big wing......
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:26 am

can someone please check whether the emergency exit row seats(row 26) are indeed occupied or just blocked till check in? LH 434 on aug 24.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes they are blocked.... I'm not able to reserve one for a flight in about four weeks on an A346. Guess you can only hope to snag one at OLCI.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by imhere2stay
can someone please check whether the emergency exit row seats(row 26) are indeed occupied or just blocked till check in? LH 434 on aug 24.
Originally Posted by RTW1
Yes they are blocked.... I'm not able to reserve one for a flight in about four weeks on an A346. Guess you can only hope to snag one at OLCI.
I thought the exit row seats on the A346 were only assigned at the airport rather than when OLCI started...
Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I thought the exit row seats on the A346 were only assigned at the airport rather than when OLCI started...
That would be even worse..... really hardly any chance then since they probably will go to a couple traveling together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.