Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Does LH offer early status qualification? I'm qualifying in a month or so for FTL (lots of M&M flights this year). I don't really need the status (have AC*G and others) but it would sure be nice to have some [more] bling. Also does the status still last two years? Or is it one year now?

Thanks!
It lasts two years calendar years (+2 months at the end, +the remainder of the year you've qualified). And before LH would allow early status qualification, SQ will allow free upgrades
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by sxc234
I know, very newbie question. But confused with their award chart. North America J seats are 55K points but Domestic is only 35K points? So does that mean if i fly from US to Canada or vice versa it's 55K but if i fly within Canada or within US it's only 35K points?
I have always assumed Domestic only refers to flights within Lufthansa Group's home countries.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
What club card or credit card gets me into LH lounges?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by agp423
What club card or credit card gets me into LH lounges?
LH SEN card...
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
LH SEN card...
Or any other *G card (keep in mind, Lufthansa usually wants to see the card physically..)
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Is it possible to choose my seat online for Brussels Airlines before OLCI opens? If not, is it at least possible via phone, or is this not possible at all until T-24?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
After putting it off for too long I enrolled in M&M tonight and the note that came up on my account said

As a new member, please bear in mind that you will only be able to use our online services - checking your current mileage balance, booking flight awards and so on - once you have been issued with your personal PIN.

Your five-digit PIN will be sent to you automatically by post, together with your regular plastic Miles & More card, as soon as your first mile, that you earned with one of our Miles & More airline partner, has been credited to your mileage account.

so would that mean I must earn miles from flying any airline partner to establish my account or is it in practise any miles earn from any partner?

I do have an upcoming UA flight I could credit to M&M if necessary but thought I'd ask this total newbie question to find out.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You "just" need some miles credited to your account, source doesn't really matter. So your UA would do the trick quickly.

The question would be what you're thinking of gaining by M&M membership :-).
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Is it possible to choose my seat online for Brussels Airlines before OLCI opens? If not, is it at least possible via phone, or is this not possible at all until T-24?
Sometimes SN bookings can be brought up on the LH or M&M sites but only if you have the amadeus PNR. Most of the time, you have to call or get your TA to book seats. Seat selection is limited to C plus Y+ on European flights IIRC.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an LH PNR for some reason. However, it's only able to pull up the UA info which I can anyways get from the UA site.
I called SN to assign seats. Are exit rows opened up to *G/regular pax at any point, as she said it's blocked now
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I'm flying LX on BKK-ZRH in business and wanted to get one of the big throne seats on the left side. When I called in, I was told those are reserved for Swiss elites. When do they open up? Should I request them at the ticket counter when I check in at BKK?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
I'm flying LX on BKK-ZRH in business and wanted to get one of the big throne seats on the left side. When I called in, I was told those are reserved for Swiss elites. When do they open up? Should I request them at the ticket counter when I check in at BKK?
If they are not already taken they should open up when online check-in starts 23 hours before departure. If it still doesn't work ask at the check-in counter at the airport.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If they are not already taken they should open up when online check-in starts 23 hours before departure. If it still doesn't work ask at the check-in counter at the airport.
I've found them to be blocked even during OLCI
Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I've found them to be blocked even during OLCI
In that case you'll have to wait until you get to the airport. I was recently on a flight where the only unassigned seats the day before departure were 4 thrones! I personally prefer odd-numbered K seats.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
I have a flight far in the future (december) and the departure time has been changed to 10 mins earlier, can I use this as an excuse to go with the next flight an hour later? Would they rebook me or just pack me off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.