Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 am

Is CUN via BOG/PTY to CTG and MDE via BOG/PTY to MEX bookable as return flight for 35k ? I want to avoid the high colombian taxes+fees. Thank you.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Hi

Im considering flying XXX-FRA-MUC-CPH in Lufthansa F, connection FRA-MUC in LH C and then MUC-CPH in LH C as there is no award space on FRA-CPH.
Im wondering if I will get a limo ride from the F lounge in MUC to the CPH bound flight, as it is from a apron position, or if I have to take the bus as im only flying C on this connection?

Thanks a lot
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just go to the FCL in MUC on arrival and ask for the car transfer, should be no issue as long as the flight is operated by LH metal. I had the same in ZRH flying XXX-FRA-ZRH-MUC because there was no FRA-MUC available.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just go to the FCL in MUC on arrival and ask for the car transfer, should be no issue as long as the flight is operated by LH metal. I had the same in ZRH flying XXX-FRA-ZRH-MUC because there was no FRA-MUC available.
Thanks, I will give it a try if no award space opens up on FRA-CPH.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:44 am

Hi, does anyone know if there is an easy way to move miles from LH Miles and More to United MileagePlus? I have about 16k in my MilesandMore that are sitting there for no reason.

thanks
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:56 am

My husband and I are flying LH BOS to FRA 7/25 in F. Our friends are in economy. Would we be able to take them into the LH lounge at the airport as our guests? Is there a charge?
When we arrive in FRA we have a 4+ hr layover before heading to FCO and on that flight we are in business class. What lounge can/ should we use in FRA since we arrive in F and depart same day in Business? Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by insyder
Hi, does anyone know if there is an easy way to move miles from LH Miles and More to United MileagePlus? I have about 16k in my MilesandMore that are sitting there for no reason.
None really feasible without significant loss. Just redeem a regional one way award?

Originally Posted by Cyndiellen
My husband and I are flying LH BOS to FRA 7/25 in F. Our friends are in economy. Would we be able to take them into the LH lounge at the airport as our guests? Is there a charge?
When we arrive in FRA we have a 4+ hr layover before heading to FCO and on that flight we are in business class. What lounge can/ should we use in FRA since we arrive in F and depart same day in Business? Thanks for your help!
Guests is no problem, use the SEN lounge in BOS and the FCL or FCT in FRA. You are allowed one companion: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Montacute
I am currently trying to plan my first award on LH F. I am based in DC. I'd like to maximize my time in F, so am thinking I'd like to fly IAD-TXL, stopover, and then on to NRT. Is there a longer flight to Asia or elsewhere in F from Germany?
FRA-SIN is 550 miles longer than FRA-NRT.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:31 pm

hi, as a sen can i waitlist for an award ticket on lx? i've done so in LH before which instantly got cleared, but not sure about lx.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:24 am

No, SEN award WL only works on LH & SN.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:25 am

Hello,
My wife & I are flying DFW-FRA in F and then onward to FCO. Our friends are flying ORD-FRA in Biz class on UA metal & then continuing on to FCO with us. I believe that we should be able to get them in the FCT since they are on the same outbound flight as us, am I correct? It shouldn't matter that they are not on the same incoming metal?
Thanks for the help!
Mike

Last edited by mipo777; Jul 25, 2013 at 11:27 am Reason: i kant spel
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mipo777
Hello,
My wife & I are flying DFW-FRA in F and then onward to FCO. Our friends are flying ORD-FRA in Biz class on UA metal & then continuing on to FCO with us. I believe that we should be able to get them in the FCT since they are on the same outbound flight as us, am I correct? It shouldn't matter that they are not on the same incoming metal?
Thanks for the help!
Mike
No problem if you are arriving in LH F and your friends are departing on the same LH flight with you to FCO. You and your wife can each invite one guest.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No problem if you are arriving in LH F and your friends are departing on the same LH flight with you to FCO. You and your wife can each invite one guest.
While I do agree that it will most probably work, according to the rules, not even they will have access (arriving in F, departing in Non-F) - of course we know that access for them will be granted on a voluntary base, and probably it will work also for guests, but by the book, they would be sent to the FCL.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:46 am

Hi, I've just tried to book my first ever upgrade with M&M and was put on a waitlist. I had to do it over the phone and the guy was a bit brusque with me and hung up before I could ask any questions about what that means. Maybe you guys can help?

1. What are the chances I'll actually get the upgrade? The flight's in 2 weeks, so I realize I've tried to do this rather late. But I also bought the initial flight rather late, and was getting weird error messages on the website for a while, so I was in part waiting for those to be fixed (I searched for the errors and the advice I found basically said to wait).
2. Will I lose my miles for just being on the waitlist, or will they only use them if I actually receive the upgrade?
3. I looked at my m&m account after getting off the phone and saw no new information about the waitlist -- will it be there eventually? How do I know what my status is?
4. When will I find out if I've actually gotten an upgrade? I'm moving, and it might be cheaper to ship stuff than pay extra baggage fees, but to decide whether to do that, I'd need at least one day in advance to make the arrangements. The first leg of my flight is already business class, so I have to figure out what that means in terms of baggage for the other legs of the flight. Any of you know what happens?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Customer complaints email?

Hi. Does anyone know what the email address is for sending customer complaints? I looked on the website and found the feedback section but there is no actual link or email address for complaints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.