Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
When does LH release its cheapest fares for direct flights to FRA/MUC? I'm planning to travel to MUC in early December and it seems really erratic. Two weeks ago, the lowest fare across all dates was 200€, then it dropped to 150€ a week ago, and now it's back to 200€. The advertised 120€ fares are nowhere to be seen.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It will be possible to book one ways awards using LH/M&M miles with M&M partner airlines such as UA after 1 September. One way awards will cost 50% of the miles. Here is an announcement on M&M website.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000243

M&M's flight award chart may be found here.

You will need 80,000 miles in Economy, 135,000 miles in Business and 210,000 miles in First, plus taxes and surcharges between ORD and BKK. One way awards will cost 50%.
With your stated miles tarriffs, does it make any difference if the traveller goes West, or goes East ( N America -> FRA/MUC -> BKK )?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gojko88
When does LH release its cheapest fares for direct flights to FRA/MUC? I'm planning to travel to MUC in early December and it seems really erratic. Two weeks ago, the lowest fare across all dates was 200, then it dropped to 150 a week ago, and now it's back to 200. The advertised 120 fares are nowhere to be seen.
LH fares to BEG [I keep checking ones from UK all the time] and from BEG are all over the place this year, and sadly mainly keep on going up...

Where before offers UK>>BEG were 169rtn, now they start from 209... and then you can't even find those anywhere.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
LH fares to BEG [I keep checking ones from UK all the time] and from BEG are all over the place this year, and sadly mainly keep on going up...

Where before offers UK>>BEG were 169rtn, now they start from 209... and then you can't even find those anywhere.
The other day I was checking VIE-LHR for May next year, i.e. 9 months out, and nonstop OS redticket comes at 300
Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
The most ridiculous thing is that the BEG-MUC return costs 200€ in Economy Saver, while BEG-MUC-HAM return costs 210€ at the same tariff.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:14 am

Hi,

I'll be flying with LH from Asia to Germany next month. If I first register for Miles & More when I check in for my departing flight, how soon I could start spending the miles collected during this trip? I'd like to do some shoppings at the Worldshop in FRA before taking my return flight about 10 days later.

Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 5:18 pm

Just booked a Lufthansa flight LHR-FRA-NRT. In the past I've put my Lufthansa points into BMI, but now they've been taken over by BA, wondering if I should sign up for Miles&More.

Are there any special new member bonuses, or referral bonuses at the moment?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:43 pm

How many miles will I earn? bsl-fra-gig and gig-fra-bsl in biz I. Couldnt find miles calculator for fare I. I have no status
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Fifo or lifo

Does airlines (and LH) usa FIFO (first in first out) or LIFO (last in first out) in their miles programs?

for example:
i flew 2 flights and the validation of the miles are 2 years

1. earned 1000 miles on 1/1/10
2.earned 2000 miles on 1/1/11

when i book an award ticket that costs 500 miles on 31/12/11 (for the example...don't get excited..)

would the miles go out of the miles i earned on the last or first flight?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Bat
With your stated miles tarriffs, does it make any difference if the traveller goes West, or goes East ( N America -> FRA/MUC -> BKK )?
Unlike some US-based programs, M&M does not allow routing from North America to Asia via Europe for the same number of miles as North America to Asia across the Pacific. You will be charged (at least) for 3-region awards.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:04 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ciao2012
Hi,

I'll be flying with LH from Asia to Germany next month. If I first register for Miles & More when I check in for my departing flight, how soon I could start spending the miles collected during this trip? I'd like to do some shoppings at the Worldshop in FRA before taking my return flight about 10 days later.

Thanks.
If you don't have an account already, it seems unlikely the miles from your first flight will post in time to spend them during your trip.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boonkoh
Just booked a Lufthansa flight LHR-FRA-NRT. In the past I've put my Lufthansa points into BMI, but now they've been taken over by BA, wondering if I should sign up for Miles&More.

Are there any special new member bonuses, or referral bonuses at the moment?
Unfortunately there is no special new member bonus or referral bonus that I know of at present.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Glarus
How many miles will I earn? bsl-fra-gig and gig-fra-bsl in biz I. Couldnt find miles calculator for fare I. I have no status
As Business I class is an award booking class you will not be able to earn any miles.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by photographer2012
Does airlines (and LH) usa FIFO (first in first out) or LIFO (last in first out) in their miles programs?

for example:
i flew 2 flights and the validation of the miles are 2 years

1. earned 1000 miles on 1/1/10
2.earned 2000 miles on 1/1/11

when i book an award ticket that costs 500 miles on 31/12/11 (for the example...don't get excited..)

would the miles go out of the miles i earned on the last or first flight?

Thanks!
FIFO
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:42 pm

Need an expert opinion here: booked SFO-DEL round trip in Nov-Dec using Citi TYPs (Connexions Loyalty Travel Solutions)

Slip of attention - booked one week more than needed, need to change the start date.

Now - how do I fix with the least damage?

Called the agency - $250+$50 fee per ticket

Called LH - can't change anything until arrived to India

What kind of change fees they'd charge on ground in DEL? (I will have three weeks till desired return date)

BTW - online at LH I see the "Cancel" button, but don't dare to complete - do I have a chance to really cancel and get the refund ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.