Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 12:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Thaiviet16
Oh WOW SUPER THANKS!
Oh gosh! One more question ( Last maybe?) Do I need a visa I am staying in BCN for 2 days?

Thanks you guys on here have been very Helpful!!!!!!
What passport do you hold? Many passports (e.g. US passport) do not require a visa to enter Schengen.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 23, 2013 at 1:36 pm
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: United 1K,
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
What passport do you hold? Many passports (e.g. US passport) do not require a visa to enter Schengen.
U.S. Passport: I should be more specific with my question lol

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:40 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

U.S. Passport: I should be more specific with my question lol

Thanks!
In that case you don't need a visa. Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:37 am

Programs: LH FTL
Hi !
Yesterday I booked an OS ticket online .Today I received a mail from [email protected] ,that I made a DOUBLE BOOKING.The other booking was made via travel agency and that I have to cancel one , otherwise both will be cancelled. I replied right away and explained that there must some mistake.
Did someone experienced something like this before ?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: United 1K,
HELLO FLYERTALK PEEPS!
I have a ultimate question that would like to be answer? ( LOL get it)
Anyways I am flying to SGN from IAH and on award ticket but I have made a complex ticket to ensure I get to fly on SQ to make a long story short I will be staying in BCN for about 10-15 hours I will have one carry on and 2 check luggage. Do you guys recommend me checking it all the way to SGN or checking it in to BCN then rechecking it?
P.S. I am also getting a hotel for that long layover. I just want to make sure that my Bags will get to SGN when my flight does I don't want it to arrived earlier or get misplace.

Thanks you guys so much!

My detail: IAH-IAD-MUC-BCN-IST-SIN-SGN
UA-LH-LH-TK-SQ-SQ
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:57 am

HELLO FLYERTALK PEEPS!
I have a ultimate question that would like to be answer? ( LOL get it)
Anyways I am flying to SGN from IAH and on award ticket but I have made a complex ticket to ensure I get to fly on SQ to make a long story short I will be staying in BCN for about 10-15 hours I will have one carry on and 2 check luggage. Do you guys recommend me checking it all the way to SGN or checking it in to BCN then rechecking it?
P.S. I am also getting a hotel for that long layover. I just want to make sure that my Bags will get to SGN when my flight does I don't want it to arrived earlier or get misplace.

Thanks you guys so much!

My detail: IAH-IAD-MUC-BCN-IST-SIN-SGN
UA-LH-LH-TK-SQ-SQ
I think that would depend on where you are staying. Personally, I would recheck it only if I would stay at an airport hotel. If you want to stay in the city and you don't need anything from your checked luggage, I would just check them trough to SGN.

Other question.
Two days ago, I reached FTL on M&M. Right now, I still have the blue card.
I just booked an award ticket and choose my M&M card as "type of identification", instead of the credit card which I used to pay the taxes with. Problem is, the member number on my FTL M&M Account (which was used for booking and now appears when I open up the booking online) and the number on my blue card is different, so I'm not sure if it will work when I'm at the airport. Anyone ever tried that? Can't use the CC as type of identification, since I haven't used mine to book it.
And a second question, I'm actually A3*G. Is it possible to add my A3 FF number to that award booking instead of my M&M? I can't change it online, but maybe if I call the M&M hotline? My guess would be it's not possible, but I still have some hope I'm wrong... Would be better, at least for the return flight.

If it matters, booked some FlySmart award, ZRH- YYZ on LH/LO.

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No worries, the FOID you entered for the booking is somewhat negligible, you can check in using the booking code and never have to show FOID. Even if you have to, the former (now invalid) card is fine.

You can add the A3*G card and status in the FQTV/S field by going to
https://www.lot.com/de/en/web/newlot...ur-reservation

and changing your FFP number there.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No worries, the FOID you entered for the booking is somewhat negligible, you can check in using the booking code and never have to show FOID. Even if you have to, the former (now invalid) card is fine.

You can add the A3*G card and status in the FQTV/S field by going to
https://www.lot.com/de/en/web/newlot...ur-reservation

and changing your FFP number there.
Great, worked on the LOT Website.
I only tried to change the FFP Number on the LH and M&M Website, but no chance there. Should have tried LOT too... Well, next time

Thanks again for your help!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:26 am

LH first Class Toronto to Franfurt

Does anyone know if LH 471 YYZ-FRA has the new F interior or the old? A340-600 plane

Thanks,
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajchicago
Does anyone know if LH 471 YYZ-FRA has the new F interior or the old? A340-600 plane

Thanks,
There is no Airbus (other than A380) based in FRA which has the new F cabin. So it will be the old F. Also YYZ-FRA may become a 2-class service in winter.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Are there any Airbus at all (other than the A380) with the new F?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Are there any Airbus at all (other than the A380) with the new F?
I believe there are 20 all based in MUC. Please check the first post of this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...it-thread.html
Old May 2, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: M&M mainly
It's for sure newbie comment / sugesstion, I have no idea where to post it. Coming to Singapore on LH fligh and flying first class (points in use of course) I did not know the luggage policy. So I have sitted near the belt for ages (sweating like hell and inventing the solutions where to go the purchase basics in case my suitcase decided to stay in Europe) and at the end some guy came asking me if I am HON as they have spare luggage of HON. I am not HON. But I recognised by suitcae tagged as HON. Hmmm, anyway - if you travel in first class to SIN there is a special "grab you luggage here" point for first and HON. FYI and to save unnecessary sweating. BTW it's 33 C now.
Old May 4, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
What Y Classes Of Service allow pre assigned seats for intra EU flights?
I know Y, B, M do. I think I saw H as well.

Also, are they still doing middle seat pre-blocking for *Gs?
Old May 4, 2013, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dparkinson
What Y Classes Of Service allow pre assigned seats for intra EU flights?
I know Y, B, M do. I think I saw H as well.

Also, are they still doing middle seat pre-blocking for *Gs?
I believe just B and Y. Seat blocking is an unpublished perk and cannot be guaranteed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.