Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: LH FTL, TK Classic+
>One SEN companion gets 50% off, children 25% (only). SEN can also WL upto three people in the same booking,
> if D or B is still on sale the reservation will confirm. A great option if you plan to travel on busy days when all
> and sundry are starting their vacation.

Many thanks to oliver2002 - josmon10 - and NewbieRunner on the feedback on the best way to using points on a trip to DUB. It was much appreciated. Eitlean

Last edited by eitlean; Jun 30, 2012 at 8:58 am
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:35 pm
KRS

So I want to book an award in F SVG-NYC on August 2; searching online tells me there is no availability, while if I search SVG-FRA and FRA-NYC separately almost every flight is available, I guess this is married segment logic at play?

Calling the senator line I was able to request seats and have on hold
LH879 (I) SVG-FRA 06:40-08:50
LH404 (O) SVG-JFK 17:05-19:50

I would really prefer LH402 instead of LH404 for the earlier arrival and increased likelihood of the new F. I was quoted CHF70 to change if availability opens up, anyone want to venture a guess as to the chances of that happening?

If I travel only with hand luggage would I maybe be allowed on the earlier flight on the day of travel anyway, or is there no chance of that happening?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:44 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KRS
So I want to book an award in F SVG-NYC on August 2; searching online tells me there is no availability, while if I search SVG-FRA and FRA-NYC separately almost every flight is available, I guess this is married segment logic at play?

Calling the senator line I was able to request seats and have on hold
LH879 (I) SVG-FRA 06:40-08:50
LH404 (O) SVG-JFK 17:05-19:50

I would really prefer LH402 instead of LH404 for the earlier arrival and increased likelihood of the new F. I was quoted CHF70 to change if availability opens up, anyone want to venture a guess as to the chances of that happening?

If I travel only with hand luggage would I maybe be allowed on the earlier flight on the day of travel anyway, or is there no chance of that happening?
Do you really mean LH402 which is FRA-EWR rather than LH400 FRA-JFK? I just checked using my M&M account and could find F awards on LH402 and LH404 but not on LH400 on 2 August.

If an award opens up on the day of the flight you may be able to have the award changed to an earlier flight but you will have to pay the change fee. By taking an early flight from SVG you will be able to spend a whole day in the FCT or be there for an earlier flight if an award seat opens up.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I'm flying SEA-FRA in F on an A-330 next week. From browsing the threads looks like it's old F.

Are there any tips (or threads) for mazimizing my first LF F experience?

I'm really looking forward to it!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by User Name
I'm flying SEA-FRA in F on an A-330 next week. From browsing the threads looks like it's old F.

Are there any tips (or threads) for mazimizing my first LF F experience?

I'm really looking forward to it!
Of course! Have you not seen this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ce-thread.html
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Of course! Have you not seen this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ce-thread.html
Well if they hadn't been so bloody cryptic with the thread title...

Seriously, thanks...

Edit: Ahh, I see - the whole thing's just a piss-take. Anything useful out there?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:26 pm
KRS

Do you really mean LH402 which is FRA-EWR rather than LH400 FRA-JFK? I just checked using my M&M account and could find F awards on LH402 and LH404 but not on LH400 on 2 August.

If an award opens up on the day of the flight you may be able to have the award changed to an earlier flight but you will have to pay the change fee. By taking an early flight from SVG you will be able to spend a whole day in the FCT or be there for an earlier flight if an award seat opens up.
Yes, I meant LH402, LH400 does not appear to have availability - but if it had I would prefer it as new F is guaranteed on the A380
That is my problem, the agent said there is no availability on LH402 if I start in SVG, but if I start in FRA there are seats... I will try to change before the ticket is issued but as far as I have understood this is normal on LH.
Anyway, I don't mind spending some time in the FCT but 8 hours is a bit excessive!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KRS
Yes, I meant LH402, LH400 does not appear to have availability - but if it had I would prefer it as new F is guaranteed on the A380
That is my problem, the agent said there is no availability on LH402 if I start in SVG, but if I start in FRA there are seats... I will try to change before the ticket is issued but as far as I have understood this is normal on LH.
Anyway, I don't mind spending some time in the FCT but 8 hours is a bit excessive!
I've changed an LH F award itinerary at the airport. This was on a UA issued ticket, which don't attract change fees, as long as the route doesn't change.

This was reserved as two segments. I flew in from Croatia the day before the MUC-US F flight.

See here for the details:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post16874074
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KRS
I have certainly managed to get an award in the past where each segment was available but M&M did not show availability for the combined itinerary. There seems to be some limit to what M&M can show when connecting flights are involved. It might be worth checking regularly or try phoning another call centre to see if you get a different answer.

According to ExpertFlyer availability (not award availability) is:
LH400 F5 A1 J9 C9 D9 Z0 P0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0
LH402 F6 A5 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0
LH404 F7 A0 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0

so there is still some hope. No idea why LH404 is A0!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
i'm arriving in terminal 1 from cph on sas at 840am. i'm continuing on from terminal 1 to tlv in lh f class at 1010am. i've never been before, and i wanna spend some time in the first class terminal, is the 90 minute layover gonna be long enough?

also, i read that to access the first class terminal the ticket has to be issued by lh, but i want to check my bags all the way through from the beginning of my trip (kef-cph-fra-tlv), is that gonna be a problem? can i check it all the way through and then go to get a paper ticket from lh in fra?

thanks
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:39 am
KRS

I have certainly managed to get an award in the past where each segment was available but M&M did not show availability for the combined itinerary. There seems to be some limit to what M&M can show when connecting flights are involved. It might be worth checking regularly or try phoning another call centre to see if you get a different answer.

According to ExpertFlyer availability (not award availability) is:
LH400 F5 A1 J9 C9 D9 Z0 P0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0
LH402 F6 A5 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0
LH404 F7 A0 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0

so there is still some hope. No idea why LH404 is A0!
Called back today, and while the agent had problems she managed to get me onto LH402 so quite pleased
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by metallim
i'm arriving in terminal 1 from cph on sas at 840am. i'm continuing on from terminal 1 to tlv in lh f class at 1010am. i've never been before, and i wanna spend some time in the first class terminal, is the 90 minute layover gonna be long enough?

also, i read that to access the first class terminal the ticket has to be issued by lh, but i want to check my bags all the way through from the beginning of my trip (kef-cph-fra-tlv), is that gonna be a problem? can i check it all the way through and then go to get a paper ticket from lh in fra?

thanks
As a same-day LH F passenger (on LH metal), you get access to the FCT. Just bring the boarding pass. It doesn't matter which airline has issued your ticket. If your incoming flight is late, I'd consider going to the FCL instead and save the time.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: AC Peon / Hyatt Discoverist
I suggest you study LH's earning chart.

If you travel in Business you will get 200% (or 150% in Z after 1 September) as long as it's not in booking class P. On European flights you get 2000 miles (or 1250 miles in Z after 1 September and 750 miles in P). Once you are FTL you get 25% bonus on top of this.

25% bonus for FTL does count toward status miles. But only status miles earned within a calendar year count.

If you fly 70K miles BIS a year you should have no difficulty reaching SEN.
Thanks, I didn't consider the 200%/150% with LH. With AC and flying with LH (or other *A), it gives 25% status bonus on biz. I'll take a good look at the tables. I'll start crediting my *A to LH flights starting this fall.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darwiniandemon
Thanks, I didn't consider the 200%/150% with LH. With AC and flying with LH (or other *A), it gives 25% status bonus on biz. I'll take a good look at the tables. I'll start crediting my *A to LH flights starting this fall.
I'm not sure if starting in fall makes sense unless you just want to collect award miles with M&M during the rest of the year. Status miles are re-set to zero on 31 December and only any status miles collected within a calendar year (January-December) count towards FTL or SEN status.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Hi there,

Does anyone know the difference between being SEN an SEN+ ? Is this a "hidden" status/level which is reached after a certain amount of status miles ?
I cannot find an appropriate answer by searching on the forum. Apologies if I am missing it.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.