Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:29 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
I have an upcoming flight booked with Austrian - the second sector is on Austrian metal but the first sector is codeshare with AF flown on AF metal. Do *G benefits apply (lounge access, additional baggage allowance) for the whole booking or just the sector on Austrian metal?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
hi guys;

pick your brains if i may; so myself and my partner both now have 2 e-vouchers each so am thinking of upgrading us from C to F if i can next year maybe on an A380 route. Ive done it before from c when i bought the c class fare and just rang up a few months later on spec. We often are flexible on the dates when we travel. Can you ring up and ask where there is availability before you actually book the business ticket and then get them to book a revenue ticket in business for us and do the upgrade at the same time. i know sometimes the upgrade takes a few min to clear (you go on wait list and they ring down to yield mgt i assume?). What would happen in this case?

thanks

mark

ohh anyone see how full the fra-kul (via bkk) flight is this tuesday evening please??. We are on reward tickets (in c) but its always nice to dream...
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by oliver2002
MI and LH interline, so it should be possible for MI to check your luggage thru:

Code:
    >GGAIRLHMI                                                                  
                                   (LAST UPDATED: 07.03.08   FRALTLH            
    ----------------------------------------------------------------            
    1     2                            3      4      5      6     7             
    MI    SILKAIR                     629    B/E    YES    YES    NO            
    ----------------------------------------------------------------            
    SPECIAL NOTES:  NONE                                                        

1. INTERLINE CARRIERS DESIGNATOR                                            
    2. INTERLINE CARRIERS NAME                                                  
    3. INTERLINE CARRIERS THREE DIGIT CODE                                      
    4. KIND OF INTERLINE TRAFFIC AGREEMENT                                      
       (M=MITA, B=BITA, U=UNITA, E= ETIX POSSIBLE)                              
    5. DOES THE OAL ACCEPT LH DOCUMENTS ?                                       
    6. DOES LH ACCEPT THE OAL DOCUMENTS ?                                       
    7. DOES AN ENDORSEMENT WAIVER AGREEMENT (EWA) EXIST ?
whether you can convince the checkin agent to do this for you is a different matter.
Thanks for the reply. In fact it needn't any persuation, but he did it without hesitation, although it took him quite a long time and he could not print the boarding passes, so I had to get them from the transfer desk in SIN.
And the luggage actually did arrive with me, although it was labeled BER instead of TXL
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by timsoos
If I fly in Y class... LH to FRA (where I will have a layover) and then continue with Korean Air from there... and if I am FTL S*... can I enter Business Lounge based on my incoming flight????
Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
No, unfortunately you cant.
UNLESS he has been on one of the intercontinental flights arriving in FRA during the morning time, then he would be very well allowed to use the great Arrival lounge (and I'm not kidding with "great", it's probably the best lounge a FTL gets access to)
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
UNLESS he has been on one of the intercontinental flights arriving in FRA during the morning time
Good point, and good advice about the welcome lounge.

I had ASSUMED the connecting flight was from LJU
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Miles reset at year end and miles validity question

Hi,

I understand that your tier miles reset at each year end?

How long are miles earns available for use for rewards?

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
I understand that your tier miles reset at each year end?

How long are miles earns available for use for rewards?
It's correct tier miles (status miles in M&M lingo) are reset to zero at the end of the calendar year. Award miles expire after 36 months (at the end of the quarter) unless you hold M&M status or have an M&M credit card.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:43 am

I'm on an ORD-FRA and then FRA-IST -- both in Y

Will I receive a pillow / blanket on either or both of the flights?

Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
ORD-FRA yes, FRA-IST no.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by hellyea
I'm on an ORD-FRA and then FRA-IST -- both in Y

Will I receive a pillow / blanket on either or both of the flights?

Thanks.

Plus free drinks
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:41 pm

Flying from FRA-BKK on a 744.

Am I right in thinking that the 744s that are used for this leg aren't exactly the prettiest things anymore and are without personal IFEs on seatbacks? ie. 50 people sharing a single tv somewhere on the ceiling job.

Appreciate help
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Welcome to FT! ^

The 744s are being refitted to have new seats with seatback IFE, they have refitted about 10 so far. So you have a roughly 1 in 3 chance to get an aircraft with a decent economy product (in terms of entertainment)
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Hi all,

Hope this is the best place for this.

I am flying with Lufthansa next year and the tickets have booked into 'L' class. Can anyone confirm whether this class earns anything with bmi Diamond Club or United Mileage Plus? My research says no, but I just wanted to check.

Trip is London-Istanbul via FRA and Izmir-London via BER on the way back.

Given that Diamond Club is likely to come to an end, is Miles and More my best option for receiving credit for these flights or do any other Star Alliance programmes earn miles on them?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Welcome to FT! ^

The 744s are being refitted to have new seats with seatback IFE, they have refitted about 10 so far. So you have a roughly 1 in 3 chance to get an aircraft with a decent economy product (in terms of entertainment)
thanks for the reply ^

I travel out in 4 weeks time - fingers crossed!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:14 am

I'm flying Lufthansa in Jan. after booking an award flight through Continental and when I log in to Lufthansa with my booking code for Lufthansa my name on the passenger information comes up as

Loganlmr Lamson

So clearly in the translation from Continental there was an error. When I originally saw this I called Lufthansa and they said my name comes up correctly in their system, but as my trip nears and since it is international I don't want something like this to halt the trip. Anyone else have this experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.