Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
TP operated by NI

Not really a newbie here ... but couldn't find the information anywhere.

Q: Some of the TP short haul flights are operated by Portugalia/PGA Express (NI). Is it possible to earn M&M status miles on these flights?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
For a crash course, you can meet some of us at the Stammtisch this week: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...tammtisch.html
I read about this Stammtisch, but this week I have Late Shift until 10 p.m. and to come to the airport I have to drive over about one hour....this will be too late.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: LH FTL
Hello guys!

I have some questions.

- When do you get the new status? The moment you get on board and you reach your destination? Because my last flight of this calendar year will be between December 21-22 so I don't know if I might be able to add all these miles to my account.

- This might be a silly question, but, does business class add 200% on award miles and status miles?

For example, I'm just some status miles away to get the frequent travel status... thing is that I will only be able to reach that status on this calendar year if I book a flight in business class instead of Economy.

Thank you for your attention guys and looking forward to your reply!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by asoksevil
Hello guys!

I have some questions.

- When do you get the new status? The moment you get on board and you reach your destination? Because my last flight of this calendar year will be between December 21-22 so I don't know if I might be able to add all these miles to my account.
Welcome to FT, asoksevil!

The answer to your first question must be the moment your flight is scheduled to depart though miles won't actually reach your account until a day or two later.

So if you have a flight on December 21-22 the miles will be added to your account for the current calendar year. If your flight departs on December 31 the miles will still be added to your account for 2012.

- This might be a silly question, but, does business class add 200% on award miles and status miles?
No question is a silly question in this thread. Business class flights used to earn 200% in all booking classes but there have been changes and you now only earn 100% (P booking class) or 150% (Z booking classes) with LH/LX and most other airlines. C/D/J booking classes continue to earn 200%. With M&M award miles are also status miles with a very few exceptions.

Please check the earning tables on M&M website.

For example, I'm just some status miles away to get the frequent travel status... thing is that I will only be able to reach that status on this calendar year if I book a flight in business class instead of Economy.

Thank you for your attention guys and looking forward to your reply!
But make sure you are booked into a Business booking class which earns enough miles.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to FT, asoksevil!

The answer to your first question must be the moment your flight is scheduled to depart though miles won't actually reach your account until a day or two later.

So if you have a flight on December 21-22 the miles will be added to your account for the current calendar year. If your flight departs on December 31 the miles will still be added to your account for 2012.

No question is a silly question in this thread. Business class flights used to earn 200% in all booking classes but there have been changes and you now only earn 100% (P booking class) or 150% (Z booking classes) with LH/LX and most other airlines. C/D/J booking classes continue to earn 200%. With M&M award miles are also status miles with a very few exceptions.

Please check the earning tables on M&M website.

But make sure you are booked into a Business booking class which earns enough miles.
Thank you so much for your fast reply! Everything was clear except the last one...

I had read that update on Miles and More policy by LH/LX... but I'm not sure about the fare class since I'm just booking it through LX's website and afaik the business class announced there has written 200% award on miles so I guess so I guess it will be a C/D/J fare.

Thank you for your attention! What a nice community!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your fast reply! Everything was clear except the last one...

I had read that update on Miles and More policy by LH/LX... but I'm not sure about the fare class since I'm just booking it through LX's website and afaik the business class announced there has written 200% award on miles so I guess so I guess it will be a C/D/J fare.

Thank you for your attention! What a nice community!
What route are you trying to book? 100/150/200% for Business Classes only apply to longhaul flights. On domestic and European flights you earn fixed number of miles as you will see below:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Try a dummy booking on LX website and after selecting an outbound and an inbound flight, click Show details in the box marked Your seletion. The booking class for your selected flight(s) should display. You can then use the mileage calculator to check how many miles your flights will earn.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:05 pm

Error when signing up

"due to technical issues,your registration could not be processed at this time,please try again later."

This is the error I get trying to sign up on Lufthansa's page. I have tried different browsers as well as passwords- without any luck.
This is the second half of the sign up, on communications preferences, after phone and email but I have not gotten a sign up email..

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:47 am

What route are you trying to book? 100/150/200% for Business Classes only apply to longhaul flights. On domestic and European flights you earn fixed number of miles as you will see below:

Try a dummy booking on LX website and after selecting an outbound and an inbound flight, click Show details in the box marked Your seletion. The booking class for your selected flight(s) should display. You can then use the mileage calculator to check how many miles your flights will earn.
This is an intercontinental flight, departing from MAD to PVG/HKG.

Just checked LX website and even though it states 200% it isn't since it's a Z fare (1,5) while D fare does add 200% miles.

Thank you for your help!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Just checked LX website and even though it states 200% it isn't since it's a Z fare (1,5) while D fare does add 200% miles.
It appears this chart (which displays if you click the fare options) has not been updated.

But it looks like "Business" fares book into Z (150%) and "Business Flex" into D (200%).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's why they include that last line... because as a big company they know they are a little incompetent or lazy.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:40 am

the latest lufthansa news on the 747-8 to chicago has been that it will be deployed in late summer - have there been any updates on this date? i plan to do ord-fra in mid november and wanting to new if i get to use the new C.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imhere2stay
the latest lufthansa news on the 747-8 to chicago has been that it will be deployed in late summer - have there been any updates on this date? i plan to do ord-fra in mid november and wanting to new if i get to use the new C.
There are currently two 748i's (D-ABYA & D-ABYC) in service flying FRA-IAD and FRA-DEL. A third 748i (D-ABYD) is in HAM for cabin fitting. The next destination to be added is BLR. I believe ORD and LAX will be next but the timing may depend on the delivery of the next two 748i's later this year.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:32 am

It appears this chart (which displays if you click the fare options) has not been updated.

But it looks like "Business" fares book into Z (150%) and "Business Flex" into D (200%).
Yep, that's right.

One last question!

Once you earn the status of Frequent Traveler, how many miles do you need to keep it? You still need 35.000 miles in a calendar year or 35.000 in 2 calendar years?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:41 am

asoksevil: You need 35k miles in one calendar year, but you've "two shots at it", either in the year after your qualification, or in the second year after it. If you succeed in the first year, then the second year is a so called "dead year", which doesn't count for requalification for your current status (Only higher, ie SEN/HON is possible)
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:06 am

We will be flying business class on Lufthansa out of Orlando, flying into Frankfurt and on to Rome. What can you tell me about the lounge and our access in Orlando.

Also, I saw on the Lufthansa website that there were several lounges in the Frankfurt airport. Do international flights from the US always come into relatively the same location in the terminals? Trying to figure out the lounge that will be closest to us. We will have about 4 1/2 hours layover before our flight on to Rome.

Thanks!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.