Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Can anyone kindly to tell me the difference between a Business and Senator Lounge?

Also, which one is more superior?

Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by garykung
Can anyone kindly to tell me the difference between a Business and Senator Lounge?

Thanks.
The Senator lounge is for First Class passengers, Star Gold members and Miles and More Senator level members.

The Business lounge is for Business class passengers and Miles and More FTL members.

The Senator lounge is usually superior, although the Business lounges have been improving over the last few years. The food and drink are better in the Senator lounge.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by iainbhx
The Senator lounge is for First Class passengers, Star Gold members and Miles and More Senator level members.
I'd amend this to *A First Class, as LH/LX First Class have access to the FCLs and the FCT, too.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
I'd amend this to *A First Class, as LH/LX First Class have access to the FCLs and the FCT, too.
Where there is one, there are far more SEN lounges that FCL's. Even for places from which First Class is operated.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by iainbhx
Where there is one, there are far more SEN lounges that FCL's. Even for places from which First Class is operated.
Sure, it's just that with LH/LX F ticket you'd probably rather go to FCL than SEN lounge.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by garykung

Senator Lounges usually have pickled gherkins, whereas Business Lounges don't.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Aside from being guested in, is there any way to get into the DTW lounge if flying on NK (Spirit) domestically that day?

I.E. day pass available, or priority pass etc
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:16 pm

My first time on this site... Flying on Friday from YUL to Munich on A330 and wondering if this plane has flynet?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Aside from being guested in, is there any way to get into the DTW lounge if flying on NK (Spirit) domestically that day?

I.E. day pass available, or priority pass etc
No chance, if you are not flying *A that day, you cannot be even guested in.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: EK Gold, MM, BAEC, SPG, Sixt Plat
M&M airline

Hi all,

quick question re the program. does being registered with one airline differ over another? what I mean is is there any difference having a LH MM over a LX MM (assuming you fly one airline more than another)?

Cheers
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Zero difference. The branding on your card will depend on your place of residence. (LH for all except Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, not sure about Luxembourg)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by conrad895
My first time on this site... Flying on Friday from YUL to Munich on A330 and wondering if this plane has flynet?
Welcome to FT, conrad895!

I hope you receive a reply in another thread where you also asked this question.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:36 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tatia
Lufthansa Arrivals at Seattle are at the South Sattelite terminal (only one with customs and immigration), but the flights depart from the A terminal. Is there a bus involved here somehow or do they move the plane after the passengers get off?
They must move the plane as they do in ORD (from T5 to T1) after passengers get off the aircraft.

I've noticed the reason is being discussed in another thread.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: LH FTL, TK Classic+
Lounge in ORD for Domestic Flight in 'Y' ?

Hi there

I'm travelling SWISS in D to Chicago this Sunday and travelling on with UA to Sioux Falls in 'Y' (no business on this flight). I was checking to see if there is any lounge I can use in ORD as I have a 5 hours stopover. Looking at the star alliance lounge finder I see there are UA lounges where I understand i need to be leaving on an international flight to use (or probably to even get to). There is also a SWISS lounge in T5 international arrivals - will I be allowed to enter?

Many thanks
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eitlean
Hi there

I'm travelling SWISS in D to Chicago this Sunday and travelling on with UA to Sioux Falls in 'Y' (no business on this flight). I was checking to see if there is any lounge I can use in ORD as I have a 5 hours stopover. Looking at the star alliance lounge finder I see there are UA lounges where I understand i need to be leaving on an international flight to use (or probably to even get to). There is also a SWISS lounge in T5 international arrivals - will I be allowed to enter?

Many thanks
Access to UA (and US Airways) lounges only when departing on an international flight applies to *G members of US-based airlines. As a SEN you can access UA lounges with a BP for a domestic flight. I don't think you can access the SWISS lounge in T5 on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.